Shinya Aoki 'RIZIN is lackluster. I don't want to fight for them'

Doubt it was a work. Aoki is a known dick.

Seriously, a water bottle? Last time I heard of someone throwing a bottle, it was pussy ass Drake throwing a bottle at pussy Chris Brown in a club. Botch ass move right there (Aoki's)
I'm honestly still not sure if he was throwing it at Daron because of the callout, or if he purposefully skipped it across the ring to hit Kawajiri in the face. Either way seems like something Aoki would do, and a dick move either way too.

Rizin will be fine without Aoki, I have no interest in seeing him fight.

i aoki is a fucking tard his last bout in japan was a wrestling match against montanah silva

aoki thinks it makes him cool to have everyone laugh at him when he does or says stupid shit

kazaimon saiga is laughing at u bro not with u he a real cool guy with a model girlfriend and shit

hey look at me a wear fucking stupid rainbow spats with shorts on and come out to some lame ass song dress up as school girl and take pictures with some 40 yr old man in simulated sexual acts

^ I see... i don't follow pro wrestling at all, but I did remember seeing somewhere on twitter that Aoki does puroresu. So I suppose this is all part of his persona.

personally I couldn't careless about the antics that occur outside the ring/cage - it doesn't bother my perception of a fighter, although sometimes it can be mildly entertaining watching people starting shit with each other.

Lmao aoki is just a classic love him or hate him this just makes me love him even more

i think sakakibara said he wanted to break his nose not sure doe

They wanted Aoki to fight Kiazemon Saiga

http://efight.jp/news-20160418_236715

Kiazemon and Aoki were sitting next to each other when he threw the bottle... Are they friends? or was this set-up?...

Aoki vs. Soari Yoshida (Grappling rules) @ Rizin 2: Saraba to Gender segregation.

They wanted Aoki to fight Kiazemon Saiga

http://efight.jp/news-20160418_236715

Kiazemon and Aoki were sitting next to each other when he threw the bottle... Are they friends? or was this set-up?...

Aoki vs. Soari Yoshida (Grappling rules) @ Rizin 2: Saraba to Gender segregation.

Small correction, Kizaemon wasn't slated to fight Aoki, but rather an unnamed other fighter who had to pull out because of injury (I've heard some people say it was Kron, but also heard Kron was originally supposed to be matched with Tokoro in the main event).

He was only brought up to give a greeting as another fighter for the next event and had to give an awkward speech after Aoki's being like 'Hey, I'm still excited about fighting here. Please cheer me on.'

Aoki should be ashamed of forcing Saiga into a situation where he has to paly the face. That should never happen.

Small correction, Kizaemon wasn't slated to fight Aoki, but rather an unnamed other fighter who had to pull out because of injury (I've heard some people say it was Kron, but also heard Kron was originally supposed to be matched with Tokoro in the main event).

He was only brought up to give a greeting as another fighter for the next event and had to give an awkward speech after Aoki's being like 'Hey, I'm still excited about fighting here. Please cheer me on.'

Aoki should be ashamed of forcing Saiga into a situation where he has to paly the face. That should never happen.

OK, I was having a hard time making sense of that article, the translation is confusing.

So they wanted to do a tournament with both Aoki and Saiga?

Yeah, Aoki came across as a total P.O.S., In his defense he's probably sick of JMMA promoters trying to run his life and decide when and where he fights, but still. JMMA didn't need that...

Kawajiri gave Aoki a chance to offer an apology.
What Aoki said as an “apology”- Let’s grapple, man.

aoki has to be the most deceiving mma fighter by looks. He does not look very tough but I know he would break my arm with ease.

He is right about the fightcard of the last Rizin event though...it is a pity as the way Rizin prepares and stages events are superior to anything I've seen. Hope they can get their sht together..

his defense he's probably sick of JMMA promoters trying to run his life and decide when and where he fights

aoki has been the most coddled fighter in mma since pride he was pampered in dream worse than in one fc

i dont want to get carded but he is really just being a tard he talked shit about all the major orgs at one point or another

aoki has been the most coddled fighter in mma since pride he was pampered in dream worse than in one fc

i dont want to get carded but he is really just being a tard he talked shit about all the major orgs at one point or another

He faced a murderer's row in that Dream GP, then Sakurai & Nagashima among others... I don't know if coddled or pampered is the right word.

I know you (among others) have hated him since Pride (maybe before that) but this is only the 2nd example I've seen of him being a major dick (the other being the Hirota fight) People used to hate him for crying and being wimpy, he wasn't always a dick.

If he's acted like this a bunch of times then I'll accept that he's a clown, but he has also said several times that he wants to fight in the UFC and isn't allowed to. Now they're not letting him fighting in One and announcing his opponents without his knowledge... that would piss anyone off, I'm just wondering if he's naturally that much of a dick, or if his situation is turning him into a dick?

Was he a dick in his Shooto days too?

I know you (among others) have hated him since Pride (maybe before that) but this is only the 2nd example I've seen of him being a major dick (the other being the Hirota fight) People used to hate him for crying and being wimpy, he wasn't always a dick.

If he's acted like this a bunch of times then I'll accept that he's a clown, but he has also said several times that he wants to fight in the UFC and isn't allowed to. Now they're not letting him fighting in One and announcing his opponents without his knowledge... that would piss anyone off, I'm just wondering if he's naturally that much of a dick, or if his situation is turning him into a dick?

Was he a dick in his Shooto days too?

Think of Aoki as being the japanese equivalent of Jon Jones in terms of personality. Aoki is a huge asshole.
The only difference is, aoki doesn't try to put on a facade of kindness and humility like Jones does.

Aoki has always been like this, a major jerk since his arrival in pride, but it was most obvious during the Dream era.

Lmao no one would fear him. Michael Johnson would tko Aoki in the first LMFAO!!!
Yo hirota is still in the UFC

Disagree about dream. He faced every good lw fighter outside the ufc during the dream days.
Hansen
JZ
Alvarez
Kawajiri
Shaolin
Hello Japan
Antonio McKee
Dream also sent him to Strikeforce to fight fancy pants and melendez

THE ORG WAS RUN BY HIS PERSONAL HAN DLERS SAEKI AND SASAHARA GAVE HIM PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT

HE SOMEHOW BECAME THE FIRST TITLE CHALLENGER FOR HANSEN EVEN THOUGH HE HAD JUST TKOED HIS DISGUSTING GLASS JAW IN HIS LAST FIGHT

"HEY WHO SHOULD WE GET TO FIGHT OUR NEW CHAMPION TO BUILT HIM UP O I KNOW HOW ABOUT THE GUY HE JUST TKOED"

LITERALLY CRIED AND GOT A DO OVER AGAINST jz I MEAN HE CRIED IN THE RING AFTER GETTING TKOED AND THEY FINAGLED A REMATCH FOR HIM ON THE NEXT DREAM ANYONE ELSE AND THEY WOULD OF BEEN OUT OF LUCK ESPECIALLY IN A TOURNAMENT FORMAT

GOT ALVEREZ ON SHORT NOTICE DO YOU THINK AOKI KNEW ABOUT THE FIGHT THE SMAE TIME ALVERZ FOUND OUT WHEN HE HAS PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE DREAM MATCHMAKERS HE WAS TRAINING OUT OF SAEKIS GYM AT TIME .WE ALL SAW WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THEY BOTH HAD FULL TRAINING CAMPS

HE NEVER GOT YELLOW CARDED FOR STALLING IN HIS FIGHTS BUT THEY WOULD HAND THEM OUT LIBERALLY TO HIS OPPONENTS THANKS TO HIS PERSONAL REF YUJI"ON THE TAKE "SHIMADA

NOBODY SENT HIM ANY WHERE AOKI WAS DECLARING HIMSELF THE SAVIOR OF JMMA AND THAT IF HE LOST THAT JAPAN WOULD BE COME A COLONY (lmao STILL) HE HAD BOUGHT HIS OWN HYPE HE WAS TRYING TO BECOME THE LEGIT#1 LW AT TIME SO THEY GRANTED HIM HIS WISH AND LET HIM FIGHT IN STRIKEFORCE

Last edited:
Shinya said multiple times that he won't fight in the UFC to protect his record, because he feels that he can't hang with the best anymore. I'm curious if he thinks there is any promotion good enough for him.
Actually this is what he said . . .

“If I didn’t have a family, then I would go to the UFC right now,” said Aoki. “However, I have a family. MMA in Japan is a complicated situation. It’s not in my control.”

. . . so maybe the yakuza is threatening his family or something?

Back