• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v5: Stop Thinking of Your Router as a Peripheral

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a couple questions a friend sent me this link for this combo I told him it was not to bad http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ASRock-Extreme-3-R2-0-Motherboard-AMD-6-Core-FX-6300-CPU-Combo-/321635544348?pt=US_Motherboard_CPU_Combos&hash=item4ae2f8ed1c is the price on par or a little steep plus what do most of you think about it in general?

now for my question how good is the PSU? http://www.amazon.com/Erp750-pm-Certifications-Crossfire-Efficiency-Protection/dp/B00IZEYIRO/ref=cm_wl_huc_item

Make sure you buy from an authorized dealer. You may have trouble getting warranty work if you don't buy from one.

Just added two Antec case fans to the top of my NZXT 530. Didn't even need to do so but figured why the hell not. Noticed a good 5-8 degree ambient temp drop overall. Plus I'm happy that they both work with my fan controller :D

[YT]ikAoklYkiRI[/YT]

Need a mouse recommendation. WoW Cataclysm mouse finally died. I tried a Logitech G500 and it was way to small. I'm wanting to spend $80. I only need 5 buttons. Only game I play anymore with a mouse is WoW, I usually use a 360 controller for everything else.
I found a couple so far, but I'm still looking,

I found these so far

LOGITECH G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse

g1.jpg

g5.jpg

vs

RAZER DeathAdder Chroma

4.png

2.png

Last edited:
Need a mouse recommendation. WoW Cataclysm mouse finally died. I tried a Logitech G500 and it was way to small. I'm wanting to spend $80. I only need 5 buttons. Only game I play anymore with a mouse is WoW, I usually use a 360 controller for everything else.
I found a couple so far, but I'm still looking,

I found these so far

LOGITECH G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse

g1.jpg

g5.jpg

vs

RAZER DeathAdder Chroma

4.png

2.png

Logitech has a higher DPI, but it's so high up there I don't even know if it's useful at that point. Logitech does have more buttons and is customizeable with weights, not really sure the usefulness of that because you're physically moving the mouse across a surface why would you want to add weight and make it harder? Maybe someone else can elaborate on that, I had a Logitech G9X which had the weights option, I used it for two weeks with weights in it and then removed them. I never put them back after that. Logitech does have a smooth scroll or click scroll feature which is nice. The Razer Synapse software blows compared to Logitech Setpoint.

I'm leaning Logitech but it's not like a landslide victory or anything, with mice for me the fit of the mouse matters alot. Can't game if my hands all cramping and shit.

Logitech has a higher DPI, but it's so high up there I don't even know if it's useful at that point. Logitech does have more buttons and is customizeable with weights, not really sure the usefulness of that because you're physically moving the mouse across a surface why would you want to add weight and make it harder? Maybe someone else can elaborate on that, I had a Logitech G9X which had the weights option, I used it for two weeks with weights in it and then removed them. I never put them back after that. Logitech does have a smooth scroll or click scroll feature which is nice. The Razer Synapse software blows compared to Logitech Setpoint.

I'm leaning Logitech but it's not like a landslide victory or anything, with mice for me the fit of the mouse matters alot. Can't game if my hands all cramping and shit.

I'm leaning towards the Logitech but I'm worried that it will feel to small. The WoW mouse I have now is pretty much hockey puck shaped.
Closest Best Buy or any computer store is 90 miles one way so it's a crap shoot on finding one that fits

I'm leaning towards the Logitech but I'm worried that it will feel to small. The WoW mouse I have now is pretty much hockey puck shaped.
Closest Best Buy or any computer store is 90 miles one way so it's a crap shoot on finding one that fits

I have gone through two razer that both broke in under a year

I have gone through two razer that both broke in under a year

Same thing happened to me. I bought the Imperator mouse and it worked great for a short period of time, then it crapped out when it started double-clicking everything. I'm not buying any of their mice again until I hear that they are more durable. I google'd the issue when I had it and it seems WAY too common. Poor company IMO.

I think I've been lucky with my Razer Copperhead which I bought in 2007. Still using it :)

Same thing happened to me. I bought the Imperator mouse and it worked great for a short period of time, then it crapped out when it started double-clicking everything. I'm not buying any of their mice again until I hear that they are more durable. I google'd the issue when I had it and it seems WAY too common. Poor company IMO.

They feel good and play good but man those things have a really high fail rate. And razer wouldn't even email me back regarding RMA so i'm never buying any of their shit ever again.

Razer has awful, awful, awful QA. I have owned several Razer mouses and couple keyboards. With very few exceptions, almost all of my Razer products have fallen apart due to flimsy construction in under a year. Some of them, such as the keyboard, were defective right out of the box.

My latest fiasco was with Razer Orochi, because I needed a portable mouse that could connect via BlueTooth in a pinch. One of the side buttons became defective and wouldn't click. I called Razer RMA and instead of going through the APO system to return it, which would take over a month, I asked if I could have it taken care of locally - I am in Korea and Razer has a big operation here because of the pro-gaming community. I've had every other reputable manufacturer (Apple, Lenovo, Samsung, Gerber, Leatherman) say they were okay with this and made arrangements for me but Razer wanted me to send it back to the states. Which they ended up losing and/or refusing delivery (I had the package marked for RMA exactly as they wanted). Two months later, it gets returned to me via USPS as package refused for no good reason. So fuck Razer. I ought to get my head examined for stupidly buying yet another soon to be defective Razer product knowing that their product was shit.

The only thing Razer gets right is their ergonomics. That, they do right. Everything else, they do wrong.

currently using a cooler master recon. Can find it for abour $35. surprisingly good. I don't do MMO's so I don't need a tons of buttons.

Razer has awful, awful, awful QA. I have owned several Razer mouses and couple keyboards. With very few exceptions, almost all of my Razer products have fallen apart due to flimsy construction in under a year. Some of them, such as the keyboard, were defective right out of the box.

My latest fiasco was with Razer Orochi, because I needed a portable mouse that could connect via BlueTooth in a pinch. One of the side buttons became defective and wouldn't click. I called Razer RMA and instead of going through the APO system to return it, which would take over a month, I asked if I could have it taken care of locally - I am in Korea and Razer has a big operation here because of the pro-gaming community. I've had every other reputable manufacturer (Apple, Lenovo, Samsung, Gerber, Leatherman) say they were okay with this and made arrangements for me but Razer wanted me to send it back to the states. Which they ended up losing and/or refusing delivery (I had the package marked for RMA exactly as they wanted). Two months later, it gets returned to me via USPS as package refused for no good reason. So fuck Razer. I ought to get my head examined for stupidly buying yet another soon to be defective Razer product knowing that their product was shit.

The only thing Razer gets right is their ergonomics. That, they do right. Everything else, they do wrong.

lol dont ever say anything on pc gamer about that. i made a comment about that and i got a boat load of diehard little razor bitches attacking me.

Finally sorted my first proper gaming PC:

Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2H
CPU Model Intel Core I5 4460 3.2ghz
Memory 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
Hard Drive Size 240gb Kingston V300 Solid State Drive
Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4gb GDDR5
PSU Size Corsair CX600 80 Plus Bronze Certified 600w Power Supply
Operating System Windows 7 64bit

Any of you folks have any experience overclocking an evga gtx 770 sc ? I've been trying evga precision, but I cannot get it stable at pretty much any level of OC whatsoever. Every guide/video I've seen is able to get a pretty decent performance boost out of it, but I can't get a damn thing without my games freezing up and/or my entire video display wonking out.

I've owned one Razer product, a keyboard.

Worked fine, then mysteriously stopped working one month after I bought it.

I called up Razer's CS, did the neccessary steps for them to send me another.

I recieved the new keyboard, and it didn't work at all.

Didn't call their CS, to complain. I just trashed it and coughed it up to an expensive lesson.

Fuck Razer.

Any of you folks have any experience overclocking an evga gtx 770 sc ? I've been trying evga precision, but I cannot get it stable at pretty much any level of OC whatsoever. Every guide/video I've seen is able to get a pretty decent performance boost out of it, but I can't get a damn thing without my games freezing up and/or my entire video display wonking out.

I gave up trying to OC video cards. Sometimes it's just a matter of getting lucky with the hardware.

I gave up trying to OC video cards. Sometimes it's just a matter of getting lucky with the hardware.

Yeah I'm starting to think it might just be the card I got randomly is not good for OC.

evga precision literally does it all for you, you just put the settings in. And I'm going lower than what all these sites/guides are doing, and it's not stable. The sites all do say each card is different for as far as you can OC it. Just weird mine basically can't be OC'd at all.

Oh well.

Finally sorted my first proper gaming PC:

Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2H
CPU Model Intel Core I5 4460 3.2ghz
Memory 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
Hard Drive Size 240gb Kingston V300 Solid State Drive
Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4gb GDDR5
PSU Size Corsair CX600 80 Plus Bronze Certified 600w Power Supply
Operating System Windows 7 64bit

Nice..

That's the setup I'm thinking of putting together.. How does it roll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back