SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 137 movie!

Let's pick the week 137 Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't cry, wtf is wrong with you people.

If I did cry it would be during these movies.

5. Old Yeller, (1957)
Old+Yeller+%281957%29.jpg

4. Dead Poet's Society (1989)
MV5BMTg1NTc0ODYyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTA5ODg4._V1_.jpg

3. Big Fish (2003)
Big_Fish_movie_poster.png

2. Beaches (1988)
Beaches_vodkeyTT_c.jpg

1. Terms of Endearment (1983)
terms-of-endearment-1983-kat-720p-cover.jpg

Honorable Mentions: Steel Magnolias (1989) and Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)
MV5BMTkxMDE1MDY3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTAwNjYxMTE@._V1_.jpg
fried-green-tomatoes.jpg

th

Forgot about Terms of Enderment. That one had me. E.T. was another that was mentioned I'd forgotten about.

I chose the wrong week to quit the movie club.

S6ZSJoi.gif

Good week, Cubo.

tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

Forgot about Terms of Enderment. That one had me. E.T. was another that was mentioned I'd forgotten about.

The lead up and subsequent death bed scene in Terms of Endearment is a tough watch. Another one is the deathbed scene in Million Dollar Baby. "Don't make me lie here until I can't here em' cheering anymore" is a line that kinda stuck with me.

I haven't seen it but I've seen the Snob review it (Any Cinema Snob fans ITT?). The tagline doesn't really work, because at one point Brooke Shields' mum walks in and catches the dude banging her daughter. Then she just sits there and watches them bang like 'aw'. Then later on she's talking to the dude and telling him she watched him smashing her daughter and was thinking like 'I wish it was me on that dick instead'. White people smh

That's a hilarious review. "I've got massive blue balls so now I have to ejaculate acid."

The lead up and subsequent death bed scene in Terms of Endearment is a tough watch. Another one is the deathbed scene in Million Dollar Baby. "Don't make me lie here until I can't here em' cheering anymore" is a line that kinda stuck with me.

Gotta say my top 5 list was on a whim, but God damn if it isn't perfect for this week's theme. Nice to see you in the spirit. :cool:

Pretty sure The Notebook had me leaking fluid. But that's not something I'd watch again. So I tried to think of films that get me every time. I included Kong because that's the first one I remember busting me up. All grins going into the theater and all tears coming out. As a kid, I learned a lot that night.

Up! rules. @Tufts made me watch it. :mad: But it was great. "Squirrel" suddenly becomes on of the most fun words ever.

The only movie I can ever remember crying over was when I was a child and a close family member had recently passed. I watched "RoboDad" also known as "And You Thought Your Parents were Weird!"

It's a movie about a boy that builds a robot and his dead dad's spirit takes it over. The end of the movie broke my little self. Alan Thicke played the dad and the robot.

That was a long, long time ago. Been smooth sailing ever since. The ending of Toy Story 3 almost got me several years back, but that was also because the girl I was with was sobbing on me so it might have had to do with the contagious phenomenon like when some people get sick when other people throw up. I never understood that one, but I have an iron stomach.

And my buddy "Yojimbo's" crying games:

1) Terms of endearment
3) Alien 3 (when i was a kid)

That's all he gave me, along with "I don't cry during movies."

Ooh. Another Troma film nominated :D And Bad Taste!!

Damn Cubo. This will be a tough choice.

I love you, @Cubo de Sangre

despite all of the options being great (would have done Braindead over Bad Taste if it was my list, but still can’t complain), I knew exactly which one to pick because the blu will literally be on my doorstep sometime tomorrow afternoon. crazy coincidence/timing.

Dead Alive (Aka Braindead) is significantly better imo. But Bad Taste is so low-budget, It's pretty impressive.

Last edited:
It's not a movie, but I cried like a baby throughout this whole movie. Probably because I was in a band and dreamed of making it big as a punk musician (lol) I could relate to their struggle, and their passion. And the one being more into than the other, but the other chugging along anyways, to make his friend happy. So beautiful and emotional.
anvil-documentary-poster.jpg

ginger-and-rosa-poster.jpg

Ginger & Rosa. The ending is so powerful and emotional. Elle is an amazing actor. Due to their politics I could relate to the main characters a lot.

thestoningofsorayam.jpg

My old room-mate put this on one night. It's pretty horrific watching it happen, and it's so tragic because it happened for no real reason. You'd have to be heartless to not cry at this one. You know it's happened to so many other innocent people too, heartbreaking.

Dead Alive (Aka Braindead) is significantly better imo. But Bad Taste is so low-budget, It's kind of more impressive, in a way.
I chose the wrong week to quit the movie club.

S6ZSJoi.gif

Good week, Cubo.

Don't feel too bad. They watched Dr. Strangelove the week after I quit.. One of my favs, and I have a ton to say about it... I might go back and visit it.

muntjac week 137
RequiredSpryHen-max-1mb.gif

I was going to ask him if he included Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 just to torture you, since as we all know, you are the only sentient being on earth who actually likes that movie. However, since it's Cubo, I didn't bother asking since that was obviously the case all along.:cool:

giphy.gif

Side note: Disregard my vote. I just want to see who’s voting for what.

Don't feel too bad. They watched Dr. Strangelove the week after I quit.. One of my favs, and I have a ton to say about it... I might go back and visit it.

Haha, that was actually my first week of choosing nominations.

I hope you, uh...I hope you forgive my lukewarm response on the film in that thread. *tugs collar* Boy, it’s hot in here, don’t ya think?

Just know that I did like it the first time I watched it, but I didn’t love it. I’ve sinced watched it again, and really dug it the second time.

I have three kids, two of which are practically grown now but my daughter made me watch UP and it made me think of another time one of my kids made me watch something that ended up gut punching me. My oldest son used to love the movie My Dog Skip when he was a little boy.

Frankie Muniz plays a boy named Willie that gets a dog named Skip when he's 9 years old. He grows up and moves away to college, leaving an old and tired Skip behind. Skip is still loyal though, sleeping on Willie's bed, even though Willie is gone, for the rest of his life. At the end of the film Willie's father has to go into Willie's old room and lift Skip on to the bed because he's become too old to jump on it anymore. Skip finally dies and is buried under an elm tree but Willie closes the film by saying Skip was buried in his heart.

MV5BMTc1NDgxMjg5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTUxODc5._V1_.jpg

Damn! Your description made me tear up. I like a good ugly cry with movies, but always avoid the dog ones. That is why I have not seen Ol Yeller or Marley and Me. Just don't have the internal fortitude!

Damn! Your description made me tear up. I like a good ugly cry with movies, but always avoid the dog ones. That is why I have not seen Ol Yeller or Marley and Me. Just don't have the internal fortitude!

Yea, better not watch My Dog Skip then because that little dog will get you.

We Have A Winner

51sBLdxpw2L._SX425_.jpg

monocle.gif~c200

Thanks to the nefarious palate of one Cubo De Sangre, the SMC has sunken to a new low in terms of good taste and respectability. Never in history have we been forced to watch a film as tawdry and unseemly as t... oh wait we watched Swiss Army Man and Springbreakers! Scratch all that I said.

Get your barf-bags ready till next Wednesday!

Members: @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @IGotAHugePeckah @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @FrontNakedChoke @AndersonsFoot @Tufts @Yotsuya @jei @LHWBelt @moreorless87 @ArtemV @Bullitt68 @HenryFlower @Nailgun @Rimbaud82 @BeardotheWeirdo @Zer @puppybird

Last edited:
well I can’t really complain even though I watched it again not too long ago, but I was really pulling for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. but at the end of the day we’re all winners here

Thanks to the nefarious palate of one Cubo De Sangre, the SMC has sunken to a new low in terms of good taste and respectability. Never in history have we been forced to watch a film as tawdry and unseemly as t... oh wait we watched Swiss Army Man and Springbreakers! Scratch all that I said.​
best not forget The Driller Killer. don’t make me try to top the trashy sleaze from my first go around. I have a bottomless pit of trash on deck if needed​

Why Cubo picked it: This was chosen because it's the film we need to review. I still vividly recall eyeballing the cover at the video store and knowing it was meant to be (especially since they were having a rent one/get one Sci-fi deal). Took it back to the dorm with my four buddies and threw it on in the lounge. By the end of the film there were 20 people gathered around wondering what the fuck they just saw. At one point in the movie we all laughed so hard at a scene it got rewound and we laughed more. Choose this film, even if you've seen it. It's Peter Jackson making possibly the greatest film of its kind. We owe it to the man.

Cubo blatantly rigged that shit by placing Bad Taste in the #1 position of the four films and telling the club we need to pick that. Then you all fell for it. Meanwhile, I tried to subtly do the same by placing Monster's Ball in the #1 position and telling you why we need to watch that film and it was largely ignored in favor of The Man Who Wasn't There. We could have watched Ash do his thing this week people...Ash.

giphy.gif

Back