***Sherdog Forums 2016 Knockout of the Year Award***

Knockout of the Year

• Total voters
I think it deserves its spot on the list. The spinning kicks landed plus the reaction from Jake make the knockout one of the best of the year.

It's from July 2015 bro lol it doesn't qualify for 2016 in any way

Was an awesome ko for sure. I was there live like 6 rows back

Torn between Romero and Conor, but I went with Romero.

Jimi Manuwa KOing OSP into 2017 should be on this list

Left Hook Larry got this one locked.

hi-res-76dbf95e4847603ee28847f9995235ab_crop_exact.jpg

Cerrone! I can watch that combo all day.

Edit: but a lot of good ones are missing from the list imo.
I loved Anthony Smith's elbow (T)KO from last weekend. (can't find a gif)
Like someone above said, Manuwa's KO of OSP was a beauty. (If Manuwa would have landed that last punch on the ground I think that would have taken 5 years of OSP's life)
giphy.gif

PvZ jumping kick to Bec is not on the list??
tumblr_ocmsv4Pyvh1upwz95o1_400.gif

Yair jumping kick to Fili's face??

Edit 2: @Augustus Caesar I now you can't put all KO's of 2016 in it, but another recent one that deserves a mention: Nate Marquardt walk off headkick KO of McCroy.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hendo because of how instinctive it was. For someone with supposedly only the big right hand, he did something I don't think i've seen before. Plus it was against Lombard and Hendo is so OLD.

Can we expect some crazy shit from Yoel Romero? Sure. Hendo? Not so much. Voted him vs Lombard for sheer creativity.

Lol, how the fuck is Tyron Woodley knocking out Champion Robbie Fucking Lawler in the 1st round, not on the list.

Woodley gets no respect.

TS is obviously a member of the KKK
Was Woodley added after this post or is this a joke?

Really tough choices, chose Hendo for no other reason than I really liked it.

Rumble and it's not even close. He just touched him and he died. About as true of a one punch KO as it gets.

My favorite fighter on that list is Yoel Soldier of God Romero and I've never been a Weidman fan, so from a personal standpoint that was my favorite

BTW, I just noticed ref moved out of the way for Johnson to land one more hammer fist. He was like damn I'm not trying to inadvertently get hit with that

Romero/Weidman for sure.

He flew and flew, until his knee collided with Chris' skull twice.

Cerrone! I can watch that combo all day.

Edit: but a lot of good ones are missing from the list imo.
I loved Anthony Smith's elbow (T)KO from last weekend. (can't find a gif)
Like someone above said, Manuwa's KO of OSP was a beauty. (If Manuwa would have landed that last punch on the ground I think that would have taken 5 years of OSP's life)
giphy.gif

PvZ jumping kick to Bec is not on the list??
tumblr_ocmsv4Pyvh1upwz95o1_400.gif

Yair jumping kick to Fili's face??

Edit 2: @Augustus Caesar I now you can't put all KO's of 2016 in it, but another recent one that deserves a mention: Nate Marquardt walk off headkick KO of McCroy.
giphy.gif

All those are great and how does something beat the Yair-Fili one? Thats as picture perfect as it gets.
Romero over Weidman the second place imo.

Most brutal KO goes of these goes to Yoel, but considering the shock and awe of Bisping's KO few can deny him the #1 spot here.

As far as Brutality goes, have to give to Humble Rumble. Pretty much Put Glover's head into orbit.

Most Satisfying one is Michael beating that Smug Face chump.

Back