Sherdog doesnt understand that the law of nature applies to fighters as well

I definitely think there is a disconnect when it comes to figuring out if a fighter is passed his prime or just encountered a better fighter. Guys who fight into their 40's like Dan Henderson are very rare. Randy Couture winning the HW belt at age 45 and then defending it is insanity. In boxing only George Foreman has done that. Anderson was peaking until almost 39 years old but now we have to question if his career was extended by PED's.

What gets me is people who called Shogun old when he was 29 and people who now label Aldo as passed his prime when he is only 31 years old.

The problem is that too many Sherdoggers don't even understand what the term "prime" implies. The term suggests a fighter at his best. Your prime, in ANY sport, last like 3 or 4 years.

Of COURSE Shogun post knee surgery, broken arm, etc, etc was not the best version of himself.

Of COURSE Aldo at 31, post McGregor KO, wasn't AS prime as a 26 YO, never been KOd, surging and still improving Holloway.

And just because a guy is still winning late in his career, like Anderson or Foreman, doesn't mean those are his prime years. It just means he's enough better than the field that he can lose a step and still hang with the elites.

Conor is a 1 round fighter. Lawler beats him easily. What happened yesterday was a better fighter in RDA showing the real rankings.

You sound old

"Sherdog doesnt" as if sherdog is a person or?

Sherdog is a place where different people come to discuss their different opinions. It doesnt have an opinion in itself.

Jeesh...

You people think that fighters dont get old, do you? Well, they do. They lose speed, strenght, reflexes, etc...95 percent of these young fighters will look like crap at 36.... You people start to do your mmath with Lawler when he is turning 36 in a couple of months and the guy has been around since 2001. Mcgregor, khebab, rda, ferguson and many others will lose a few steps when they have 16 years of mileage too.

Now you come out of the woodwork saying 'lmao Mcgregor would have murked lawler" and all that nonsense. Of course he would beat this lawler but Mcgregor would get chewed up if he turned 36 and was to fight a 29 year old great fighter.

You people think that fighters dont get old, do you? Well, they do. They lose speed, strenght, reflexes, etc...95 percent of these young fighters will look like crap at 36.... You people start to do your mmath with Lawler when he is turning 36 in a couple of months and the guy has been around since 2001. Mcgregor, khebab, rda, ferguson and many others will lose a few steps when they have 16 years of mileage too.

Now you come out of the woodwork saying 'lmao Mcgregor would have murked lawler" and all that nonsense. Of course he would beat this lawler but Mcgregor would get chewed up if he turned 36 and was to fight a 29 year old great fighter.

Less PED use, specifically in the more efficiently tested UFC has lead to the fighters looking a bit older over age 30 then in years past. Such is the cost of a slightly cleaner sport.

I don't agree that he would have beat this Lawler. A freak incident messed up his left leg. THAT is what beat Lawler this time.

Conor is a 1 round fighter. Lawler beats him easily. What happened yesterday was a better fighter in RDA showing the real rankings.
Against a fighter on one leg.

I think Robbie is still legit top 5 in the division. This was kind of a freak fluke injury....

I don't agree that he would have beat this Lawler. A freak incident messed up his left leg. THAT is what beat Lawler this time.
you think that this is the same lawler that beat hendricks and condit? He looked terrible against Rda and Cerrone...two lightweights.

Sure, we agree to disagree. McGreg doesn’t even know when he’s ending his prolonged holiday and doesn’t even fight... what are we talking about
<{natewhut}>
i agree...imo he is not fighting again and if he does it will be a stupid fight against Diaz or a mid tier ww.

you think that this is the same lawler that beat hendricks and condit? He looked terrible against Rda and Cerrone...two lightweights.

I couldn't tell, because he was injured.

Robbie always turns it on late, so I simply do not know.

I'm not even a pro fighter but at 38, can confirm that father time is a motherfucker and gets everyone in the end.

I felt is around 36-- that's when I went out at night and KNEW some young guy could fuck me up if he wanted too. I dont mean to sound like I am ever getting in trouble I just mean the basic thought of can I defend myself? I am now 46 and recently got on TRT- nothing to intense just restoration levels. It has helped sooo much.

Lol at you trying to sneak in “of course he would beat this lawler”. He stands no chance. Lawler would eat his shots while laughing, and knock him out so badly, he’d start speaking clearly.

RDA manhandled, outstriked, outlasted and outclased Lawler. Thats a fact. The Lawler fans are pure delusion with all the USADA, injury and Father time excuses.

doesnt look like it at all....Ive been reading that very same nonsense for more than 10 years
Yeah. Fedor was always garbage, blah blah blah. I'm not sure if they are trolling or just retarded. Most people lose a step around 30, lose a couple by 35, and go off a cliff by 40. There will always be exceptions and weight classes matter but this is the general rule for most sports.

Lol at you trying to sneak in “of course he would beat this lawler”. He stands no chance. Lawler would eat his shots while laughing, and knock him out so badly, he’d start speaking clearly.

imo not this lawler....Mcgregor has a waaay better chin than RDA and Cerrone. Both have gone bamby legs and tkoed brutally many times yet Lawler was far from knocking these guys out or tkoing them . His punches dont pack the same amount of power as before. McGregor hasnt taken too much damage and he is just hard to knock out. Lawler vs Mcgregor in 2018 would be an absolute embarrasment for Robbie and i would hate to see a washed up legend get beat up like that. Even worse, i would hate to listen and read all the Mcgregor nutthuggers saying that he could have jumped to ww and taken the belt at any time. Matter of fact is that this lawler isnt even top 3. Woodley, Colby, Wonderboy, Maia and Till would beat him soundly.

I couldn't tell, because he was injured.

Robbie always turns it on late, so I simply do not know.
he looked like garbage against Cerrone too. It was probably the worst Robbie in years....against a lw.

You people think that fighters dont get old, do you? ... You people start to do your mmath with Lawler when he is turning 36 in a couple of months and the guy has been around since 2001.
0dd415963df2e010031ea3a0e27e71f3abb41b6e.gif

Nobody seriously believes McGregor can beat Lawler.

He'd take Conor's soul on 2 bum knees.

Back