Sherdog doesnt understand that the law of nature applies to fighters as well

C0NCH3TO

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
You people think that fighters dont get old, do you? Well, they do. They lose speed, strenght, reflexes, etc...95 percent of these young fighters will look like crap at 36.... You people start to do your mmath with Lawler when he is turning 36 in a couple of months and the guy has been around since 2001. Mcgregor, khebab, rda, ferguson and many others will lose a few steps when they have 16 years of mileage too.

Now you come out of the woodwork saying 'lmao Mcgregor would have murked lawler" and all that nonsense. Of course he would beat this lawler but Mcgregor would get chewed up if he turned 36 and was to fight a 29 year old great fighter.

You people think that fighters dont get old, do you? Well, they do. They lose speed, strenght, reflexes, etc...95 percent of these young fighters will look like crap at 36.... You people start to do your mmath with Lawler when he is turning 36 in a couple of months and the guy has been around since 2001. Mcgregor, khebab, rda, ferguson and many others will lose a few steps at that age too.
Absolutely. They all do. I think Ferg may already be past his prime. Lando knocked him around and Ferg looked slower and very hittable versus Lee as well. That's not a knock on Ferg. It is actually a compliment that he can still win while physically declining. Ferg is on a long win streak but he like 34 and hitting that age unfortunately...but that is part of the fun in sports, to see how long some athletes can stay on top

I'm not even a pro fighter but at 38, can confirm that father time is a motherfucker and gets everyone in the end.

I'm not even a pro fighter but at 38, can confirm that father time is a motherfucker and gets everyone in the end.
fighters can compensate some of the lost speed and strenght with experience and smarter training methods but father time will catch you at some point. Its happening to Robbie.

...Of course he would beat this lawler but Mcgregor would get chewed up if he turned 36 and was to fight a 29 year old great fighter.

Nope. McGregor doesn't have Woodley power, or RDA cardio. Robbie would still kill that dude

fighters can compensate some of the lost speed and strenght with experience and smarter training methods but father time will catch you at some point. Its happening to Robbie.

I just meant the accumulation of damage over the last two decades and general inability to recover like I used to. I can imagine it is far worse for pro fighters, especially someone who has been in as many wars as Robbie.

Mad respect though, still one of my all time favorites and one seriously tough SOB.

You people think that fighters dont get old, do you? Well, they do. They lose speed, strenght, reflexes, etc...95 percent of these young fighters will look like crap at 36.... You people start to do your mmath with Lawler when he is turning 36 in a couple of months and the guy has been around since 2001. Mcgregor, khebab, rda, ferguson and many others will lose a few steps when they have 16 years of mileage too.

Now you come out of the woodwork saying 'lmao Mcgregor would have murked lawler" and all that nonsense. Of course he would beat this lawler but Mcgregor would get chewed up if he turned 36 and was to fight a 29 year old great fighter.

RDA is possibly past his prime too...Conor is on the verge however 29-30 is a good age for a fighter xp and body wise.

doesnt look like it at all....Ive been reading that very same nonsense for more than 10 years

Not only does literally every poster here already know this, they actually overuse it and they turn it into excuses or ways to discredit a fighter's wins.

robbie lawler got his first prostate exam last night. at 38 he should prob think about hanging it up giving his fighting style.

I definitely think there is a disconnect when it comes to figuring out if a fighter is passed his prime or just encountered a better fighter. Guys who fight into their 40's like Dan Henderson are very rare. Randy Couture winning the HW belt at age 45 and then defending it is insanity. In boxing only George Foreman has done that. Anderson was peaking until almost 39 years old but now we have to question if his career was extended by PED's.

What gets me is people who called Shogun old when he was 29 and people who now label Aldo as passed his prime when he is only 31 years old.

Nope. McGregor doesn't have Woodley power, or RDA cardio. Robbie would still kill that dude
That was my first thought when I read OP, Robbie Still has the chin, cardio and will to stay in a 5 round fight. A disastrous mix for a fighter like McGreg

I definitely think there is a disconnect when it comes to figuring out if a fighter is passed his prime or just encountered a better fighter. Guys who fight into their 40's like Dan Henderson are very rare. Randy Couture winning the HW belt at age 45 and then defending it is insanity. In boxing only George Foreman has done that. Anderson was peaking until almost 39 years old but now we have to question if his career was extended by PED's.

What gets me is people who called Shogun old when he was 29 and people who now label Aldo as passed his prime when he is only 31 years old.
Shogun had terrible knees by the time he arrived to the ufc and Aldo has been fighting since 2004. Compare that to Mcgregor and Max who started in 2008 and 2010 respectively. I think that there is an array of things that makes a fighter get washed up. Fighting style, injuries, how many fights he had, etc. That being said, i know that we cannot justify every loss due to age. The sport simply evolves and new, better talent arrives too.

That was my first thought when I read OP, Robbie Still has the chin, cardio and will to stay in a 5 round fight. A disastrous mix for a fighter like McGreg
Mcgregor has a waaay better chin than RDA, Robbie's punches wouldnt do nuttin. Robbie is not Nate Diaz, when Conor hits you with 4 oz gloves you go bamby legs and then he procees to butcher you. Robbie would end up like Alvarez.

I am 51 and some mornings I feel as good as a 75 year old.

Literally everyone here acknowledges that.

No, look at how many "All-Time great Fighter X lost to someone when he was 50, his entire career is therefore a fraudulent pile of shit" posts there are. Or "Fighter X in his prime, now, would have destroyed great fighter Y in his prime, because great fighter Y lost a fight a decade after his prime."

Well, if that's the only thing Sherdoggers don't understand, we should be okay.

Mcgregor has a waaay better chin than RDA, Robbie's punches wouldnt do nuttin. Robbie is not Nate Diaz, when Conor hits you with 4 oz gloves you go bamby legs and then he procees to butcher you. Robbie would end up like Alvarez.
Sure, we agree to disagree. McGreg doesn’t even know when he’s ending his prolonged holiday and doesn’t even fight... what are we talking about
<{natewhut}>

Literally everyone here acknowledges that.

Ngannou KO's 40 year old Reem and Arlovski and people start saying he's the greatest HW of all time and would smash everyone who's ever existed.

Back