Sherbros, I would greatly appreciate your insight: Will the SNES Mini devalue SNES games...?

Have you been buying Super Nintendo games since you were a kid or did you start collecting them later on?

Have you been buying Super Nintendo games since you were a kid or did you start collecting them later on?

Mainly later on.

Whereas Craigslist (in Seattle) is no longer a viable way to buy and trade retro games, (...due to resellers GALORE and more savvy sellers as well?) it used to be a HAVEN for such endeavors. (I'd estimate the glory days of buying/trading in retro games on CL ended about 5 years ago)

For example, I once bought about 50 GameCube games for $100, and said games included MANY Mario games, Cubivore, Pikmin 2, etc, etc. (for some reason he had 3 copies of Pikimin 2 and multiples of some Mario games) The seller was going through a divorce and he just needed to get rid of stuff ASAP, and I lucked out.

I've had similar success buying lots of N64 games, etc, but now...the marketplace is less forgiving as retro games increase in value, and people have more options available in which to quickly sell games online, etc.

My N64 game collection consists of virtually every awesome game that came out, as well as some obscure games and imports, and the same goes for my SNES collection.

Also, for what it's worth, I've never bought and traded strictly for reselling purposes. I am an artist, and having a grand collection at my disposal is quite beneficial for research/reference, and to a lesser degree, making money at times is good.

$$$ can buy time...the end. THAT is why money is important, but I digress.

Mainly later on.

Whereas Craigslist (in Seattle) is no longer a viable way to buy and trade retro games, (...due to resellers GALORE and more savvy sellers as well?) it used to be a HAVEN for such endeavors. (I'd estimate the glory days of buying/trading in retro games on CL ended about 5 years ago)

For example, I once bought about 50 GameCube games for $100, and said games included MANY Mario games, Cubivore, Pikmin 2, etc, etc. (for some reason he had 3 copies of Pikimin 2 and multiples of some Mario games) The seller was going through a divorce and he just needed to get rid of stuff ASAP, and I lucked out.

I've had similar success buying lots of N64 games, etc, but now...the marketplace is less forgiving as retro games increase in value, and people have more options available in which to quickly sell games online, etc.

My N64 game collection consists of virtually every awesome game that came out, as well as some obscure games and imports, and the same goes for my SNES collection.

Also, for what it's worth, I've never bought and traded strictly for reselling purposes. I am an artist, and having a grand collection at my disposal is quite beneficial for research/reference, and to a lesser degree, making money at times is good.

$$$ can buy time...the end. THAT is why money is important, but I digress.

Wish I had the foresight to buy and collect but I have enough problems with space around my house.

The one thing I am proud of is that I never sold or still own all my consoles and games so I have a decent library of retro games that are stashed in my parents' basement. I actually bought one the last version NES (red and top loading) along with a batch of NES games on ebay and it was in good working condition last time I played it. Might be worth something... I dunno. I still have my old original NES asd well but I beat the living shit that so it probably doesn't work too well (if at all).

Wish I had the foresight to buy and collect but I have enough problems with space around my house.

The one thing I am proud of is that I never sold or still own all my consoles and games so I have a decent library of retro games that are stashed in my parents' basement. I actually bought one the last version NES (red and top loading) along with a batch of NES games on ebay and it was in good working condition last time I played it. Might be worth something... I dunno. I still have my old original NES asd well but I beat the living shit that so it probably doesn't work too well (if at all).

Well, generally speaking, when NES systems go awry it's often due to a worn out 72 pin connector.

Said connectors are cheap on ebay and super easy to install.

So, if ever you want help buying/installing one, just hit me up and I'd be happy to help. :)

Oh, on a related note to your avatar, the first time I beat Tyson when I was a little kid was...epic. Good times. :)

More precisely do you think it will greatly affect the value of the probable 30 or so games that it comes with?

I ask primarily because I have a vast SNES collection...

Thank you SO much in advance!

Many arcade machines sell for thousands when people can play the same game for free on their computer. I make a living off of buying/selling junk and there is nothing like throwing an authentic nintendo controller when you miss that jump on Megaman.

Ain't this a no no on here?
Piracy is. I've never been instructed to stifle emulation discussion so long as copyright isn't being infringed (and even EmuParadise doesn't technically violate copyright so long as the downloader has title to the IP):
Emulators on Android

I have an earthbound cart that I typically play every few years and have no intention of selling. Really happy it's included in SNES mini. Now I don't have to worry about over using mine.

Honestly I think it my drive up the price. People are still so unfimilar with certain games once they realize how great it is they may want an actual copy.

Piracy is. I've never been instructed to stifle emulation discussion so long as copyright isn't being infringed (and even EmuParadise doesn't technically violate copyright so long as the downloader has title to the IP):
Emulators on Android
TBH, I think gaming companies like Nintendo and Sega completely invited this by being so stingy when it came to retro games, and then getting litigious when their fanbase came up with their own solutions.

Even having the NES Classic and SNES Classic as "limited editions" with a small library of games is an enticement for more emulation. If you make someone fall in love with 2D, 8-bit / 16-bit gaming, they're not going to abandon it to pick up the Nintendo Switch. They're going to want more 2D, 8-bit / 16-bit games.

Back