Sherbros, I would greatly appreciate your insight: Will the SNES Mini devalue SNES games...?

Neo Geo is a bad example, those games were fucking expensive to begin with.

And I'm not saying they don't have value.
I always wanted a neo geo growing up ...no one had one.. I don't think I have ever even played one

I always wanted a neo geo growing up ...no one had one.. I don't think I have ever even played one

I sure as shit haven't. Used to play their multicart arcade games all the time at the mall, though. Some great fighting games.

Neo Geo is a bad example, those games were fucking expensive to begin with.

And I'm not saying they don't have value.

Sega saturn, snes, PC FX and no the its a good example

Is this sarcasm? What does buying video games have to do with being an "artist". Especially retro games where the art is ancient and difficult to decipher. Unless you recreate 2D pixel art, I'm curious how collecting old cartridges inspires you creatively?

What does this mean?

I've been commissioned by video game and toy companies, and having the LEGIT games can be quite a thing vs emulated versions.

Of course, some import Super Famicom games require emulation if one doesn't know Japanese.

Also, I don't "collect" for the sake of collecting... I actually play whatever the fuck I want if the moment calls for it.

One may (for example) use music as inspiration...(as I do all day long) so I'm curious, do you find that odd as well?

Oh, and in terms of my comic collection paying for itself, I am referring to the simple act of flipping first prints, etc for $$$, and then I get reprints. It's mainly along those lines.

EDIT: It should also be noted that I have sooo many digital comics as well, and no, I don't pay for them. I pay more than enough money on art books, etc, etc, etc, etc.

In all fairness to him, your thread is implying that you want to know if the SNES mini is going to crash the market for your collection. The implication being that you're wondering if you should sell them off now before it's too late?

The SNES mini will probably come with a few dozen games...period, therefore, the "market" won't crash, but there is a potential (however slight) that said handful of games may lose some value...who knows.

And to clarify, my collection is NOT static. I have traded and sold and re-purchased certain games many times.

Oh, and on a bragging note, I once rented out a part of my collection for a friend of a friend (both of whom are devs) for $1,000.

The deal was $1,000 for 5 days, and said lot included certain Super Famicom games as well.

...and I didn't "make a deal" by the way, the dude knew of my collection, (from his buddy telling him about it) offered $1,000 for part of it and that was that.

What value? Buy real art, high-end wine from a good year, or gold with that money and let a real gamer use your collection.

The SNES mini will probably come with a few dozen games...period, therefore, the "market" won't crash, but there is a potential (however slight) that said handful of games may lose some value...who knows.

And to clarify, my collection is NOT static. I have traded and sold and re-purchased certain games many times.

Oh, and on a bragging note, I once rented out a part of my collection for a friend of a friend (both of whom are devs) for $1,000.

The deal was $1,000 for 5 days, and said lot included certain Super Famicom games as well.

...and I didn't "make a deal" by the way, the dude knew of my collection, (from his buddy telling him about it) offered $1,000 for part of it and that was that.

<DisgustingHHH>

Nobody cares about how you fucked someone over by letting them "rent" your games.

Just shut the fuck up already.

uh...well right, but they are and their still considered rare and collectors pieces.

Sega Saturns are not rare, and neither are SNES'. Sought after doesn't mean it's rare, it means they're in demand.

I guess PS2's are also rare because my local game shop can't keep them in stock because they get bought too quickly.

I dont think they will lose value as there will always be people who want the actual game.. The SNES mini will probably be valuable but I dont think it will drive down value of the actual cartridges

Sega Saturns are not rare, and neither are SNES'. Sought after doesn't mean it's rare, it means they're in demand.

I guess PS2's are also rare because my local game shop can't keep them in stock because they get bought too quickly.

Sega saturns games ARE RARE certain ones can be at least, only rare edition Sega saturn would be the damn pluto and maybe the japanese toys R us edition Saturn . And certain systems editions are considered rare, its mainly the games yes,
there are such thing as rare systems. Example, gundam edition Sega dream cast, 10 million model PSx, oh and the PSX Desr-7700, jusco 30th edition n64 oh and N64 DD. Yes console can be rare. i actually did at one point collect games and system, mainly to play and collect. it was a fun hobby and kind of like a treasure hunt. i'm not gonna shit on the TS for doing that and worrying. Like whats wrong with that? Keepin it old school brother, nothing wrong with having your classic systems.

<DisgustingHHH>

Nobody cares about how you fucked someone over by letting them "rent" your games.

Just shut the fuck up already.

Yeah... I fucked over a guy who probably makes around $500,000 a year...

Also, I didn't ask for $1,000, he offered.

Oh, and I delivered the game to him in person, mind you, he only lives 40 mins away from me.

Sega saturns games ARE RARE certain ones can be at least, only rare edition Sega saturn would be the damn pluto and maybe the japanese toys R us edition Saturn . And certain systems editions are considered rare, its mainly the games yes,
there are such thing as rare systems. Example, gundam edition Sega dream cast, 10 million model PSx, oh and the PSX Desr-7700, jusco 30th edition n64 oh and N64 DD. Yes console can be rare. i actually did at one point collect games and system, mainly to play and collect. it was a fun hobby and kind of like a treasure hunt. i'm not gonna shit on the TS for doing that and worrying. Like whats wrong with that? Keepin it old school brother, nothing wrong with having your classic systems.

Cyberbots for the Sega Saturn... <3

I have that game (complete) and a RAD Cyberbots art book and figure. :)

What value? Buy real art, high-end wine from a good year, or gold with that money and let a real gamer use your collection.

Fucking cry about it. God damn.

One awesome benefit from having a game collection is that...one can PLAY said games by themselves or with friends...

They're games.

Now, if you hate retro games, then fine, but why project such negativity?

Fucking cry about it. God damn.

One awesome benefit from having a game collection is that...one can PLAY said games by themselves or with friends...

They're games.

Now, if you hate retro games, then fine, but why project such negativity?

Cool, don't worry then, It won't affect the value of playing games by yourself of with friends. I'll buy a snes mini too, because I didn't take care of the one I had when I was a kid.

Nope. Even if there was no such thing as emulation (Chrono Trigger is a perfect example).

Oh god didn't realize this is a Big Bang thread. He's probably more annoying then Steven Seagold. Forget I posted here.

>.<

Back