Shayna dissing UFC fans...

But compared to Shanya, Roxy has no haters. And it is all about the attitude.
If you are arrogant, obnoxious, disrespectful... most people will accept while you are winning.
Heck, they even accepted while Ronda was winning.

But once Ronda was not unbeatable? People showed their true color.
I do see her reasoning, but IMHO she was blind, thinking she could act however she pleased and the world would forgive her and continue sucking up to her and her friends....
Seriously, you cannot make Roxanne the standard for how MMA fighters should behave, that's just unrealistic. She's an outlier. Even amongst "normal" (=non-fighter) people she'd be considered unusually nice and friendly.

Sure, Shayna deserves some flack for the way she acted and maybe she's not the easiest character to like in general. But the way most people here talk about her you'd think she is an arrogant asshole idiot 24/7. Which she isn't.

Seriously, you cannot make Roxanne the standard for how MMA fighters should behave, that's just unrealistic. She's an outlier. Even amongst "normal" (=non-fighter) people she'd be considered unusually nice and friendly.

Sure, Shayna deserves some flack for the way she acted and maybe she's not the easiest character to like in general. But the way most people here talk about her you'd think she is an arrogant asshole idiot 24/7. Which she isn't.

You're really minimizing this to a huge degree. Shayna was one of the most arrogant, disrespectful fighters in the history of TUF, while being among the very worst performers on the show and afterwards in the UFC, especially relative to expectations. As if that weren't bad enough, she blatantly quit in her fights, AND didn't show respect afterwards to the women that had kicked her ass, instead acting like a broken, bitter mess.

Can you think of a single other fighter who was like this?

Mike Perry performed better, and was/is fairly good-natured about his losses, even praising Cerrone as a true badass.

Even Ronda, while being ALMOST as disrespectful, at least was a dominant, exciting champion that accomplished a lot.

I feel like this thread kind of proves her point. I’ll never go to a UFC event again. Wrestling fans are mostly dorks that realize they’re dorks, they even embrace it.

MMA fans are mostly dorks but think they’re tough. Shits embarrassing.

She lost 4 MMA fights in a ROW.

Her record is 1-5 in six years. Which brings us to the other point. She only fought six times in six years.

We react the same way to NFL, MBL, NHL, NBA...

Again, I agree with you.
As I noted, I've seen some interviews where she was very cool. Plus she is/was Barnett's GF... that is a fool proof she's cool!

But publically she did act like an idiot. And that is what they see.
And her "team" didn't help either. The way they all behave is far beyond reproachable!!

And that is with the complete understanding that a fighter has to be confident. But that was completely overboard, and if she can't understand that, the issue is 100% with her, not with the rest who took issue with it.
Again, not something I would do myself. But "people" just show her exactly what they thought of it.

And instead of being bitter, she should have learned a valuable lesson!

This is some serious revisionism here. I was around back then, and Shayna was neither a pioneer nor a big star at any point. She lost throughout her career, and was embarrassed in every major fight.
And that's why I said a biggish name, as in she was known, just like Roxanne Modafferi was known. Pioneers and big stars were never mentioned.
Very few female fighters were known back in those days until they started fighting on bigger organizations under cards, then we got to recognize them.
Though she was probably mostly known for the fights she lost than any she won

Despite a rich history of pissing hot, it was only through his association with Shayna Baszler that I finally started losing respect for Josh Barnett.

Couldn't much care less what she thinks.

How had do you have to SUCK to be Rondas friend then released from the UFC

Despite a rich history of pissing hot, it was only through his association with Shayna Baszler that I finally started losing respect for Josh Barnett.

A minute after I read your post, I saw this tweet
Weird timing

And that's why I said a biggish name, as in she was known, just like Roxanne Modafferi was known. Pioneers and big stars were never mentioned.
Very few female fighters were known back in those days until they started fighting on bigger organizations under cards, then we got to recognize them.
Though she was probably mostly known for the fights she lost than any she won

You're right and the other guy is wrong, Shayna was one of the biggest WMMA names in the 2000s and a fan favorite (as weird as that sounds now).

She chose to 'heel' it up on TUF but this isn't pro wrestling plus she lost all her fights so it didn't exactly work well for her.

You're really minimizing this to a huge degree. Shayna was one of the most arrogant, disrespectful fighters in the history of TUF, while being among the very worst performers on the show and afterwards in the UFC, especially relative to expectations. As if that weren't bad enough, she blatantly quit in her fights, AND didn't show respect afterwards to the women that had kicked her ass, instead acting like a broken, bitter mess.

Can you think of a single other fighter who was like this?

Mike Perry performed better, and was/is fairly good-natured about his losses, even praising Cerrone as a true badass.

Even Ronda, while being ALMOST as disrespectful, at least was a dominant, exciting champion that accomplished a lot.
"Almost as"? Imo Ronda was a lot more disrespectful - and also more broken and bitter after defeat. But yeah, with her you could say she balanced it out with a spectacular carreer - tho for me that doesn't really make her more likeable, a successful asshole is still an asshole.
Also lets not forget she actually was quite involved in Shayna's TUF debacle. Picked her, picked the fight and egged her on - all in the hope of scoring off Tate.

Again, I agree with you.
As I noted, I've seen some interviews where she was very cool. Plus she is/was Barnett's GF... that is a fool proof she's cool!
Okidoki.
(tho the Barnett-connection is a minus in my book - I don't like him much ;))

But publically she did act like an idiot. And that is what they see.
And her "team" didn't help either. The way they all behave is far beyond reproachable!!

And that is with the complete understanding that a fighter has to be confident. But that was completely overboard, and if she can't understand that, the issue is 100% with her, not with the rest who took issue with it.
Again, not something I would do myself. But "people" just show her exactly what they thought of it.

And instead of being bitter, she should have learned a valuable lesson!
Definitely!
I never liked Shayna teaming up with Ronda. Partly because I just can't stand Ronda, but partly also because I honestly think it was not good for Shayna

Back