Social Shane Gillis to host SNL this weekend.

It's called capitalism. A controversial no name comedian does nothing but hurt your bottom line. A controversial high profile comedian helps bring eyes. Him being hired and fired also helped his career immensely it drew in a bunch of right wingers to his side only for them to realize he was making fun of most of them. "Cancelled" people don't get Netflix specials last I checked
I know a lot of people who like Shane so what's "your" definition of a "Right Winger" because I'm curious if I've been infiltrated by this "group" or not

SNL tried to end his career he should not have respect for them or even do this. it is a very pussy move. his bud light endorsement is also not a good look. Goes to show he will probably end up selling out like jimmy kimmel and losing his edge.

Have you heard his story? He actually has no issue with what SNL did and said he would do the same if he was in their shoes. You hold way more resentment over this incident than he ever did.

I guess I'm in the minority but I thought it was awful and I'm a massive fan.

He's on LoS today so I'm interested in his thoughts on it.

To me, this is him at his best, but obviously he can't do this type of material on SNL.

Yeah I think he struggled to do clean material for a nationwide audience.

I thought his jokes about down syndrome were pretty good. I don't think he's anywhere near the top when it comes to laughs per minute but there's just something about his style and his story telling that doesn't require him to have to chain jokes together in quick succession.

Most adults haven't. I know that people who sit and listen to Eddie Bravo and watch conspiracy theory podcasts all day are big fans.

Case in point:

<36>
The majority of Adults haven't heard of most of the comedians if theyre not hosting a Late Night Show or someone like Kevin Hart...but in the comic world Shane is one of the fastest growing comedians on the scene.

Talentless people now make millions shouting Racial Slurs over and over again and aren't canceled and those are called Rappers....

To me the worst joke he did was the one about his down syndrome family member being on the playground and these white kids bully her before some black kids jump to her rescue and call them crackers or something to that effect.

Seemed like a weird, out of character joke for him. Part of me wonders if he did that to show how hypocritical SNL is? Using a racial slur against Asians will get you fired but you can stand right there on their stage and use a racial slur against white people and be applauded.

What's funny is it was by far his worst joke of the entire set. Like it wasn't even on par with an average open mic night joke, yet it got by far the biggest laugh from the audience. It wasn't actually funny, it just exposed how biased the audience is.

The majority of Adults haven't heard of most of the comedians if theyre not hosting a Late Night Show or someone like Kevin Hart...but in the comic world Shane is one of the fastest growing comedians on the scene.

Not really. I knew of Nate Bargatze for a while before he did SNL. There are decent comedians out there who have been at it for a while and attract a wide audience.

To me the worst joke he did was the one about his down syndrome family member being on the playground and these white kids bully her before some black kids jump to her rescue and call them crackers or something to that effect.

Seemed like a weird, out of character joke for him. Part of me wonders if he did that to show how hypocritical SNL is? Using a racial slur against Asians will get you fired but you can stand right there on their stage and use a racial slur against white people and be applauded.

What's funny is it was by far his worst joke of the entire set. Like it wasn't even on par with an average open mic night joke, yet it got by far the biggest laugh from the audience. It wasn't actually funny, it just exposed how biased the audience is.
Yeah...I'm sure he did that one because he knew he get get a laugh out of that crowd..and they clapped like seals. But all in all one of the best SNL'S in a while all though that's not saying much.

Not really. I knew of Nate Bargatze for a while before he did SNL. There are decent comedians out there who have been at it for a while and attract a wide audience.
I just recently started watching Nate and he's a funny dude but I knew of Shane for a while now and mainly through bits on You Tube but my feed is mainly Bodycam arrest videos and Stand Up Comedians ....which are both equally funny. Shane's pretty widely known and only getting started it seems.

I just recently started watching Nate and he's a funny dude but I knew of Shane for a while now and mainly through bits on You Tube but my feed is mainly Bodycam arrest videos and Stand Up Comedians ....which are both equally funny. Shane's pretty widely known and only getting started it seems.

Yeah Nate's pretty funny. It's impressive how much mileage he gets without being political while being clean.

That's a bit of a strange "feed" but to each their own. I don't think anyone I know has ever heard of Gillis and I've never seen a clip of him before these threads.

Some of his sketches that were posted were humorous and he does a good Trump impersonation but the stand-up clips weren't really anything special.

Shane Gillis is getting big enough that SNL brought him on despite his Pro-Trump politics.

Ignore that troll

Shane Gillis is getting big enough that SNL brought him on despite his Pro-Trump politics.

Ignore that troll

I’m sure he love Nanette

You guys are absolute masters of knowing comedians that no one has ever heard of.

Do Nanette and Gillis have opposing podcasts?

Lol at getting your panties in a twist because no one has really heard of this guy.

Ignore that troll

It's whatever, I don't give a shit about his politics.

I thought his monologue was good, and have liked what material of his I've seen. His facial expressions really work with his delivery, he's going to be around a while I think. Hopefully he scores a special where he can let it rip.

I found his downs material to be really endearing, if I'm honest. I know a lot of people didn't like it but I thought it was funny and not at all mean or dehumanizing.

You guys are absolute masters of knowing comedians that no one has ever heard of.

Do Nanette and Gillis have opposing podcasts?

Lol at getting your panties in a twist because no one has really heard of this guy.

Oh I get it. Making stuff up is like your gimmick.

Back