Seriously, how the hell can you tap with 1 second left?

Just power through it, ffs.

Chiesa was powering through it with 40 seconds left and that russian dude tapped with 1 second left on the clock.

giphy.gif

Really becuase powering through is how you survive a choke.. Lol or any submission..

This better be a troll or t.s should. Be banned based on lack of MMA and grappling knowledge lol

Within the context of the fight, only someone with an Andre Soukhamthath-tier fight IQ would tap from a triangle choke milliseconds away from a UD. Lost his undefeated status, his win bonus, his UFC debut, his leverage for a better contract and now has potential to become a meme.
<DisgustingHHH>

You ever been chocked bruh? Easy to say from your couch.

Shit hurts. The first 3 seconds of any lock feels like a hot poker being stuck in your joint.
I'll guess you just watch and have never been on a mat.

It's still unusual to tap that fast to a triangle, which is clearly a slower choke than a RNC or a guillotine.

Shit hurts. The first 3 seconds of any lock feels like a hot poker being stuck in your joint.
I'll guess you just watch and have never been on a mat.
Agreed. It's very easy to panic, even with some experience.

Just power through it, ffs.

Chiesa was powering through it with 40 seconds left and that russian dude tapped with 1 second left on the clock.

giphy.gif

Completely agree, I blame the corner and the fighter. Very bizarre, surely he heard the clap for 10 seconds, if not, his corner would have known and should have been shouting.

Fair enough if it was an armbar/joint lock that risked breaking or dislocating something. But a choke.. He must be kicking himself today.

no heart/brain. fucking shame, I was on the hypetrain for the dagestani

This post is a fuckin shame. No heart or brain, but the guy was actually in there competing while you’re yapping on Sherdog. Normally think your posts are alright but this is pathetic

Lol Chiesa wasn’t going to power through shit. He was going to sleep. Also, maybe the guy didn’t know there was only a second left. Likely he did not. You aren’t thinking at full capacity (or much at all) when blood isn’t going to your brain

No need to be too angry with this Russian dude. Guaranteed he will go on to win his next few fights. That Russki is a serious threat in LHW ranks. I see him causing nearly all the other guys the same problems that Paul Craig found himself in.
Actually looking forward to his next fight, now knowing how threatening he is. Whereas, I feel Paul Craig has just managed to prolong his lackluster career in UFC until the next killer has him.

I wasn't (didn't even know the dude), but was rooting for him anyway. Really bummed about that ending.

You ever been chocked bruh? Easy to say from your couch.
This X 10!

How long is one second when you can’t breathe?

Also, this assumes he knew exactly how much time was left

Tho he lost, I see it as a 'Chael win'. He may have tapped with a second left but showcased his skill and won 14 minutes and 50 seconds of the fight. Like many Dagestan fighters, they can tend to hiccup at first (Makhachev and Beckan) but I expect him to find his footing, a star we know he is an elite fighter. The guy is super young too.

I've been in chokes and they're brutal BUT as a professional you have to have the fight IQ and presence of mind to know you are literally one single second from the bell and a win.

Back