Serious question has Brian Ortega ever won a round w/o finishing round?

I’ve been saying it but this fight is gonna be one of max’s easiest and I don’t mean that to bad mouth Ortega. Look at all of the killers he’s been walking through, while Ortega has been losing most of his fights against people that wouldn’t touch Max. The Edgar win was good, but this is a completely different type of fight and I’m pretty sure max will walk through him.

not sure why people think because Ortega was "losing" most of his fights it matters, he FINISHES fights. 1st round or 3rd, a finish is a finish correct? It's not sheer luck to do it as often as he does.

He prioritizes defense and survival above all else. Jiu-Jitsu philosophy. Probably the only guy to truly apply it in the modern era of MMA.

Another way of looking at it is to say that if he hadn't finished any of his fights and they'd all gone to decisions that he lost, would you think that his opponents had done anything beyond winning a points game? They certainly haven't been in there hurting/dominating him or doing any significant damage. He keeps himself safe at all times and waits for his opportunity to finish. That's the single best way to fight if you value efficiency and longevity in the sport. No one (so far) can finish him, but he can finish all of them. It's amazing that he's so confident in his approach that he's willing to give up rounds he's capable of winning, because it would compromise his defense and finishing prowess.

He prioritizes defense and survival above all else. Jiu-Jitsu philosophy. Probably the only guy to truly apply it in the modern era of MMA.

Another way of looking at it is to say that if he hadn't finished any of his fights and they'd all gone to decisions that he lost, would you think that his opponents had done anything beyond winning a points game? They certainly haven't been in there hurting/dominating him or doing any significant damage. He keeps himself safe at all times and waits for his opportunity to finish. That's the single best way to fight if you value efficiency and longevity in the sport. No one (so far) can finish him, but he can finish all of them. It's amazing that he's so confident in his approach that he's willing to give up rounds he's capable of winning, because it would compromise his defense and finishing prowess.

I don't think Max is getting finished....

not sure why people think because Ortega was "losing" most of his fights it matters, he FINISHES fights. 1st round or 3rd, a finish is a finish correct? It's not sheer luck to do it as often as he does.

Because the official score cards say he lost those rounds....... LOL

Because the official score cards say he lost those rounds....... LOL

and the official scorecards also show he has won the last 6 by finishing his opponents. Doesn't matter what was going on before, he won. And he was never being blown out by any of them either.

I like this fight, and I really think Ortega pulls this one out by submission...I might be in the minority, but he's so freakin' crafty.

Looking forward to this.
Well, I called that one wrong...I guess this justifies my proud White Belt existence here on Sherbros.

Back