Serious question has Brian Ortega ever won a round w/o finishing round?

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I believe he has lost every single round that he has fought in the UFC except the finishing rounds. I don't think Max is getting finished so in reality this fight is a very easy fight to pick. Max at 15% health wins this.

I'm quite sure 2 judges had him winning the second round against Guida.

but theyll say that doesnt matter cuz he keeps winning

it is not a good trend tho

It's been almost exactly a year ago that the fight took place, but I'm pretty sure Ortega won the first round against Cub.

Edit: The Sherdog PBP says Cub won the first, huh, maybe I should see it again.

It's been almost exactly a year ago that the fight took place, but I'm pretty sure Ortega won the first round against Cub.

Look at every single play by play and official scorecards Ortega has won one round against Thiago Taveres on the media scorecards however he did lose that round in a judges eyes. He has not one a single clean round that official judges and media all agree upon not a good thing......

I’ve been saying it but this fight is gonna be one of max’s easiest and I don’t mean that to bad mouth Ortega. Look at all of the killers he’s been walking through, while Ortega has been losing most of his fights against people that wouldn’t touch Max. The Edgar win was good, but this is a completely different type of fight and I’m pretty sure max will walk through him.

With all that said I give Ortega a 20% chance to possibly submit Max which won't be easy considering how good Max has been on this tear hes been on last several years.

Defintely not a dominant fighter but entertaining and if you're not dumb enough to bet one way or the other then this is a fun title fight.

Look at every single play by play and official scorecards Ortega has won one round against Thiago Taveres on the media scorecards however he did lose that round in a judges eyes. He has not one a single clean round that official judges and media all agree upon not a good thing......
That's really something. The anti-GSP.

Max has been destroying strikers, he has yet to fight a grappler like Ortega who can get submissions standing.

People are really underestimating Ortega here

This fight is pretty close imo

Who really gives a shit if he wins rounds or not when he finishes fights

Finishing > winning rounds especially when you're undefeated

Holy shit you guys are reaching way too far

Who really gives a shit if he wins rounds or not when he finishes fights

Finishing > winning rounds especially when you're undefeated

Holy shit you guys are reaching way too far

Ya losing every single round that there isn't a finish involved is actually a pretty big deal buddy.......

Renato Moicano was pushing his shit in for 2 rounds.

Interesting and never thought about it. Guy is just in entertaining fight... Not good if the fight tonight goes all 25 minutes.

Ortega fights like a modern day Gracie. Watch Royce's fights. He gets his ass beat until he gets the finish. Ortega, perhaps to his detriment in modern MMA, doesnt care if he is being out pointed. He is setting up his finish the entire time.

Interesting and never thought about it. Guy is just in entertaining fight... Not good if the fight tonight goes all 25 minutes.

Love watching the guy fight tons of entertainment for sure... but doesn't bod well for him because Max is one of toughest guys in the sport to finish so I don't think it would surprise hardcore fans if it is 50-45 and still......

Back