Sergei " Bricks for Hands " Kharitonov appreciation thread

Miiiiiiighty

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Never a boring fight, comes out to throw, even if not in his prime and a bit overweight and slower, the man still has bricks for hands..

Roy Nelson experienced that, better boxer + more reach + granite chin + bricks for hands = was not gonna end well for Roy..

Too bad we won't probably see one of my dream " Saloon Brawl " match ups : Sergei vs Mark Hunt :(

Anyway here's a little video to pay a tribute to the Russian Paratrooper !

Last edited:
PLease now I hope JustBleedGod gives us a vintage Fedor mauling tonight !!!

For the longest time I've been giving him the nickname "The Russian Bruiser". It fits him

For the longest time I've been giving him the nickname "The Russian Bruiser". It fits him

Yeah he has that heavy heavy kind of strikes like Rocky Marciano had..
Kind like a sledgehammer pounding a wall.. Even the most solid bricks will end up cracked in a matter of minutes...

I knew in the beginning of the bout, Nelson could not keep taking those shots, no matter how good his chin is.

I knew in the beginning of the bout, Nelson could not keep taking those shots, no matter how good his chin is.

I remember a sherdogger, like a decade ago (sigh...) telling a story about how he met him in Vegas during PRIDE 33's fight week and that Sergei had the biggest mitts he had ever seen on a man..
That could partly explain his tremendous power..

I remember a sherdogger, like a decade ago (sigh...) telling a story about how he met him in Vegas during PRIDE 33's fight week and that Sergei had the biggest mitts he had ever seen on a man..
That could partly explain his tremendous power..
true story broh I saw a video of kharitonov with valuev and sergei hands are almost the same of even bigger than that monster

Never a boring fight, comes out to throw, even if not in his prime and a bit overweight and slower, the man still has bricks for hands..

Roy Nelson experienced that, better boxer + more reach + granite chin + bricks for hands = was not gonna end well for Roy..

Too bad we won't probably see one of my dream " Saloon Brawl " match ups : Sergei vs Mark Hunt :(

Sure about that part, lad?
Did Javy Ayala not happen, then?

He definitely used to have a granite chin, but that shot Ayala threw was a Hail Mary bomb and it landed perfectly.

In his past, Kharitonov used to heavily rely on his chin. He was willing to eat multiple blows to land one. I think he’s gotten a bit wiser. He avoided Nelson’s right very well I thought.

Doesn't mean it can never happen, he also lost to Jaideep Singh in K1 but he still has a very good chin ( even great ), kinda like Roy or Hunt.
Doesn't make them immune to KO's though especially now at their age, and as they heavily (too much) rely on it.

Doesn't mean a one trick pony like Roy who has 1 decisive punch would land it on a rangier way more accomplished boxer like SK who can punish him for trying..

He definitely used to have a granite chin, but that shot Ayala threw was a Hail Mary bomb and it landed perfectly.

In his past, Kharitonov used to heavily rely on his chin. He was willing to eat multiple blows to land one. I think he’s gotten a bit wiser. He avoided Nelson’s right very well I thought.

Any of those fighter's who rely too much on their granite chin will eventually get it cracked because of the cumulative damage..
Happened to all of them : Hendo, Gomi, BJ, Cabbage, Fujita, Hunto, Sergei, Roy...

I'd say the best chin in MMA p4p at the moment is Mousasi but he has a more clever approach and doesn't take unnecessary hits..

Any of those fighter's who rely too much on their granite chin will eventually get it cracked because of the cumulative damage..
Happened to all of them : Hendo, Gomi, BJ, Cabbage, Fujita, Hunto, Sergei, Roy...

I'd say the best chin in MMA p4p at the moment is Mousasi but he has a more clever approach and doesn't take unnecessary hits..

I give Nelson a lot of credit though.

The guy is basically a fat middleweight and can eat clean bombs from heavies.

I give Nelson a lot of credit though.

The guy is basically a fat middleweight and can eat clean bombs from heavies.

I wouldn't go as far as calling him a MW, more like a natural LHW imo..
It would be like Fedor saying that he has a WW /MW frame , they are clearly undersized for their class but I think their skeleton looks quite broad..
That said nowadays MW are basically starved to death LHW so ...

I give him a lot of credit too though, I would have liked him to have a better work ethic and keep his word to diet down to LHW when he reach his 100k followers on FB...

Never understood the UFC not trying to get certain guys & he is 1 of them

I was just thinking about how awesome Hunt bs Kharitonov would be, and how Hunt is on the last fight of his contract and hates the UFC. We could see it yet!

Never understood the UFC not trying to get certain guys & he is 1 of them

Especially since he always brings it and goes for the kill..
His fights are never boring and he is easily marketable ( blond ice cold russian paratrooper who likes to brawl and has massive KO power , basically a real life Drago )

Last edited:
That was great a fight. Awesome to see Sergei like that! He was faster, moving better and had his takedown defense working. I think his training in the mountains are working. Powerful shots like always. Scary dude! But a nice dude too, you could see how upset he was with that illegal knee. Even after the fight he looked disappointed with himself that he did that. Sergei is awesome!

Prognoz-na-boj-Sergej-Haritonov---Anton-Vyazigin-M-1-Challenge-92.jpg

Especially since he always brings it and goes for the kill..
His fights are never boring and he is easily marketable ( blond ice cold russian paratrooper who likes to brawl and has massive KO power , basically a real life Drago )
Don't forget, a history with Overeem.

Back