Sen. Jeff Flake on not seeking re-election: "Mr. President, I rise today to say: Enough."

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mr. President, I rise today to say: Enough. We must dedicate ourselves to making sure that the anomalous never becomes normal. With respect and humility, I must say that we have fooled ourselves for long enough that a pivot to governing is right around the corner, a return to civility and stability right behind it. We know better than that. By now, we all know better than that.

Sustained incumbency is certainly not the point of seeking office. And there are times when we must risk our careers in favor of our principles. Now is such a time.

Holy shit.

top post on reddit in

Pretty impressive.
This mini rebellion will remain confined to those who have the courage that the end of their careers will give them, the rest will be sheep.

Well, his last name is Flake...

No points for putting him in power, boys. You foisted this piece of shit off on the country so you could rack up a W.

Two more months and then... This is it starts..

Lols..

Meh, that is some pretty pathetic stuff. He is the politician the political climate is directly his fault.

Also I prefer a loudmouthed, incompetent fool like Trump compared to a man that kept his mouth shut until the moment he has nothing to loose.
Might as well keep it shut.

Another swamp creature calling it quits. This opens the door for real Conservatives to take their places. They knew their primaries would be challenged.

How much re-election trouble is Sen. Jeff Flake really in?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...n-trouble-sen-jeff-flake-really-in/480665001/

U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake got some bad news by way of a poll that found him with the third-highest disapproval rating of any of the Senate's 100 members.

Flake, R-Ariz., is seeking a second Senate term in 2018, and it already has long been clear that his poll numbers are soft and he's likely in for a fight in both next year's Senate Republican primary and general election.

What a surprise....

Back