Media Seems our boy Bones might be fighting at HW again after Stipe

As I've said, this isn't about avoiding tests.

It's about business.

Tom is quite possibly one of the worst business moves Jon could ever make.

A lot of you guys don't seem to grasp that.

Plus, you think Tom is wa better than he actually is, so there's that as well.

But yeah, pereira Jones is a fight. I think he's gonna make it happen.

Bullshit, Tom would whoop Jon and gay Jon knows it. However, It is nice of you to say anything to show your support for the LGBT community (even if delusional).
IMG_20240427_021915.jpg

Last edited:
Fun fact: I use the ignore list to keep track of people whose opinion is utterly worthless!

So far you have made a ridiculous claim and failed utterly to support it.

You entire argument is "Duuuh it's obvious and you're stupid if you can't see that!"

Unless you can provide some coherent explanation for your claim that "Aspinall is quite possibly one of the worst business moves Jones could ever make", it really just sounds like you are justifying Jones ducking the obvious challenger.

Which you obviously are.
Aspinall not being a draw is a ridiculous claim apparently

I spelled it out for him in simple words and he still didn't get it.

I don't think you seem to grasp the concept of prize fighting yet brother

I understand what you're saying and the point has some validity.

But, I think when you're in the twilight of your career, you seek the biggest fights. The highest payout. Rightfully so

Especially someone like Jones who needs a fight that actually gets him up running in the morning.

The next guy in line is whats responsible for all of Jones's worst performances.

When you're at that stage of your career, you need that motivation, impact.

A lot of you guys dont seem to understand this.

No, I understand prize-fighting. I also understand that it exists in the context of a competitive sport that likes to at least have a window dressing of meritocracy, or else we wouldn't have belts or rankings or anything at all. Hell, if we carried this thought process of yours (and, apparently, Jones) to its logical conclusion then we should just let every fighter or at least every champion handpick their next opponent and use PPV sales figures, follower counts on social media, etc. to justify it while ducking the guy on the 10-fight undefeated streak who's well ahead of him. Or do they only get that right if they're of a certain arbitrary "I'm too old for this shit" threshold?

Let me state this in less facetious terms: If Jones feels he is in the twilight of his career and has issues meeting his obligations as champion and won't be able to get motivated to "get up and run in the morning" before attempting to unify the belt... then he should vacate. Full stop.

Nope, that's nonsense.

I'm not saying it's TRUE that Aspinall is green; I'm saying that's what people will say. Sort of like how Gane was an absolute scrub the instant Jones beat him, and 102% of Sherdog claimed afterward that they KNEW it was going to go down that way.

People only caring about name vs. name and not giving a damn about merit or sense is exactly what is wrong with the sport. The most competitive fight between the most deserving contenders should be what everybody wants to see. This kinda thing drags the sport closer to WWE than it does legitimate sport.
<WellThere>

Lol what thoroughly embarrassing thread. TS getting dogpiled in here.

Seriously, we should probably stop indulging TS in his humiliation fetish. He's typing with one hand right now.

I never said any of that.

Deservedness is one thing.

Business is another

And, ultimately this is prize fighting.

Fighters will always seek put the biggest fights. Especially if they've been in the game forever.

This is true across the board, even going back to old-school boxing.

Jones has fought all comers for his entire career.

But, when you're at this stage of your career, you seek put the biggest rights.
We get it bro. You just really REEEEEAAAAALLY care about the business aspect of MMA right? You're in all the threads about fighter pay, fighting for all those poor wage slaves, all you really care about is fighters getting their fair due.

The issue we are facing here though bud, is that "the fight business" is also a sport. Jones is currently the UFC HW champion of the world. Which means every time he fights he has to put his belt on the line. Which means he has to fight whoever the top contender is, because that's who's most deserving.

Here's the thing, Jon is allowed to fight for a big paycheck and have his little legacy fights if that's what he wants to do. He is entitled to do so even.

What he isn't entitled to do is hold the UFC heavyweight title hostage while he takes nonsense fights against non contenders and retired geriatrics. If he wants to fight those guys then he should drop the belt and let a real champion reign that wants to take on all comers.

So, I'm sure you agree, being the smart business minded fellow that you are, that Jones should drop the belt yes? That way everybody wins.
Jon gets his big money paydays against pensioners and middleweights, and you get to watch "our boy" making bank in the process. While us dumb dumbs that just want to see the best fight the best get to enjoy watching a legitimate champion defend the belt against legitimate contenders.

If Jones said that he wants to fight Poatan, Poatan would jump at the chance and I'm CERTAIN that Dana would pull an ace out of his butthole "Y'know, this fight makes sense" for the HW belt and fuck Tom over again.

Seriously, we should probably stop indulging TS in his humiliation fetish. He's typing with one hand right now.
I don't really have any conviction here.

I understand wanting Jones to fight all comers.

But, at the same time, I think we also need to understand that this is prize fighting as well.

An objective take would be to understand the validity and truth in both sides.

I dont pick sides really, so there's really not a way for me to get dog piled.

It's a polarizing issue in general, I think there will generally be strong opinions on both sides.

You seem like the type to just go with the majority, without much critical thought. Having a lot of people pushing a certain idea doesn't make it true, especially on sherdog.

I think it's more important that people understand the other side of the coin, that this Is a business. This is prize fighting and ultimately, fighters will often go with what makes sense on those levels.

Alex has more starpower and a better story to tell from a marketing perspective. A legit 2 division champ who speedran the whole sport going for his 3rd belt against the GOAT.

Aspinal may turn out to have a phenominal career some day, but today he's an interim champ. Alex is a future hall of famer, and probably a much easier fight for Jon.

Jon Jones ain't gay fam iono how many tayum I gotta defend my guy mans even made a track aboot it 6ixdog mandem styll ain't get it like bro are you dumb ting easy lemme break it down for da mandem 🤬👇🏽🩻🚫🏳️‍🌈

aboot to remix di ting put it on my debut album 💯⛽ ting finna be lit 🎶📻🎧

Last edited:
We get it bro. You just really REEEEEAAAAALLY care about the business aspect of MMA right? You're in all the threads about fighter pay, fighting for all those poor wage slaves, all you really care about is fighters getting their fair due.

The issue we are facing here though bud, is that "the fight business" is also a sport. Jones is currently the UFC HW champion of the world. Which means every time he fights he has to put his belt on the line. Which means he has to fight whoever the top contender is, because that's who's most deserving.

Here's the thing, Jon is allowed to fight for a big paycheck and have his little legacy fights if that's what he wants to do. He is entitled to do so even.

What he isn't entitled to do is hold the UFC heavyweight title hostage while he takes nonsense fights against non contenders and retired geriatrics. If he wants to fight those guys then he should drop the belt and let a real champion reign that wants to take on all comers.

So, I'm sure you agree, being the smart business minded fellow that you are, that Jones should drop the belt yes? That way everybody wins.
Jon gets his big money paydays against pensioners and middleweights, and you get to watch "our boy" making bank in the process. While us dumb dumbs that just want to see the best fight the best get to enjoy watching a legitimate champion defend the belt against legitimate contenders.
I think there's validity in both sides

You can argue this side

But, it's also not really based in reality.

Because in virtually every occasion, across all combat sports, since the beginning of its inception, fighters have gone with what makes the most sense in business.

You can sell a fight with pereira.

You cannot, with Aspinall.

It's really that simple.

People want to overthink this and act like its about fear.

Just like Ngannou was supposedly scared of Jones.

No, this is prize fighting

And some of you guys don't live in reality about that fact.

This is a sport, but ultimately it's entertainment first and this is where the money comes from.

It's also about motivation. When you've reached a certain part of your career, you need something to get up for in the morning.

This is why so many fighters nearing the end of their career are looking for the "right fight"

I think that's also a big part of why he moved up to begin with.

People don't seem to understand that either.

People live in a very idealistic reality about this stuff

Perhaps that's the way things should be

But they're not

People are trying to project their own idealistic reality onto the fight game

And ignoring how things actually are

I get the point and there's some truth to it, but it's time to get real.

Alex is a much easier fight for Jones than Gane. Alex isn't that fast on his feet. A lot of people crap on Gane for his lack of a ground game but they are almost the same thing. I would even say Gane moves slightly better on the ground. I know it is training clips but you have one guy who shows edited footage of him rolling vs another guy's footage of him getting mauled and getting better.

Knew that Tom, like EVERY other HW's for years, would be pico-ducked.​

Cowardice proven again by avoiding Stipe, still and again ducking interim Tom, and now calling out a much smaller LHW, a non-surprising scumbag POS move.

Back