Second stage diet, IF+primal

Day 8: Surprised by 277.1 (multiple re-weights), I swear I was 279.7 right before bed.
Diet: Only ate at 4 p.m.- big salad 350, Fruits - 300, cooked some chicken 400. At 8pm. - coco juice-190 cal.
Training : ... Power lifting session with uni's rowing team(cancelled lol), instead boxing - 1.5 hour, 30 minutes of rolling and Kettlebells.

Note: Need to start researching for that damn "Milk is bad" thread that I promised, but too many midterms - Brahs will have to wait a while.

Last edited:
Day 9 : 280.4
Woke up feeling and looking bloated, really bloated and really tired.
I suspect diet pepper, bad digestion and not sleeping well were the main reasons.
Lessons learned so far : its ok to combine protein and carbs, no diet sodas, sleep well, stay the fuck away from home - only come there for sleep, stay always active, go to mall and school for motivation, it seems 2 meals are better for digestion than a huge one.

Diet so far: Coffee/EC, Green tea.

Edit - Wow! 274! today.
Diet - 2 salads - 400 cal, 3 Venti Teas, Coffee, WAter, vitamin water.
Training - 1.5 boxing, 30 minutes of Kettlebells.

Had some meal before bed as well - 400 cal. Big push towards 270 now, that number has some history for me.

Last edited:
Day 10 - 274.3

Diet : Decided to give meself a small break. Tuna Wrap 700 calories, jesus!!!!, and Bacon/Chicken 400 calories!!! salad at Coffee Culture at 12.00 A.M. (!).
chicken wrap from tim hortons - 190 calories, at 5.30 pm.

Training coming - Uni's rugby - 4.30-5.30, light, then boxing 1.5 hours, plus wrestling 1 hour.

Note : I have been waking up too early for the last 3 weeks. Also Exactly 2 month ago I was 314 pounds. So 40 lbs lost. Most if my XL shirts and pants are starting to fall off and look baggy, even my fav. Roots vest is looking baggy.
I am thinking I can switch to L-size at 255, but my shoulder width is a problem.

Last edited:
Day 8: Surprised by 277.1 (multiple re-weights), I swear I was 279.7 right before bed.
Diet: Only ate at 4 p.m.- big salad 350, Fruits - 300, cooked some chicken 400. At 8pm. - coco juice-190 cal.
Training : ... Power lifting session with uni's rowing team(cancelled lol), instead boxing - 1.5 hour, 30 minutes of rolling and Kettlebells.

Note: Need to start researching for that damn "Milk is bad" thread that I promised, but too many midterms - Brahs will have to wait a while.

Salad is great but, have romaine salad as iceberg salad has practically no nutrients. If you are doing lots of cardio, get a lot of coconut water if you can handle it. Its argued by David Wolf as the best electrolytes possible. Avoid stupid gatorade or sugar water like drinks that promote fitness. Its all rubbish and lies.

Try some yoga. I found it really relaxing especially if you find a instructor that does both sun and moon salutations. All the breathing and stretching is very thrilling. I feel amazing after and I find I can do my martial arts and workouts much better then without it. Its also a great relief and you sweat it out quite a bit, more then you would expect. For now, avoid power yoga but, if your okay with basic yoga, consider doing hot yoga. You sweat out toxins like crazy.

Salad is great but, have romaine salad as iceberg salad has practically no nutrients. If you are doing lots of cardio, get a lot of coconut water if you can handle it. Its argued by David Wolf as the best electrolytes possible. Avoid stupid gatorade or sugar water like drinks that promote fitness. Its all rubbish and lies.

Try some yoga. I found it really relaxing especially if you find a instructor that does both sun and moon salutations. All the breathing and stretching is very thrilling. I feel amazing after and I find I can do my martial arts and workouts much better then without it. Its also a great relief and you sweat it out quite a bit, more then you would expect. For now, avoid power yoga but, if your okay with basic yoga, consider doing hot yoga. You sweat out toxins like crazy.

salads from cafes are probably not good, need to make my own ones. i consider all that dehydration and electrolytes stories a broscience, never drank more than thirst required and never had any problems.
well, yoga vise - i am kind of curios about it, but i have bjj and wrestling, so i guess iam fine :), still thanks for suggestions.

note: calories can really sneak up onyou huh. never knew coffe culture salads pack up to 700 calories.

Day 11. Woke up at 273.2, and I drank a lot yesterday.
11 pounds lost so far.

Keep training hard man it's have to believe you've cut all that so quickly. It looks like you've stayed pretty soft though; Is it just the photos?

Motivation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did lean out quite a lot actually. I guess its because i never did much weights, and its not a full body photo that i look soft.

Everything from my waist. chest, arms and .. excuse me, bottom decreased quite a lot ).
When i lift my arms i can see lots of ribs - couldnt see them 2 month ago even if i flexed.

Last edited:
salads from cafes are probably not good, need to make my own ones. i consider all that dehydration and electrolytes stories a broscience, never drank more than thirst required and never had any problems.
well, yoga vise - i am kind of curios about it, but i have bjj and wrestling, so i guess iam fine :), still thanks for suggestions.

Not even. The sun and moon salutations are amazing in yoga. The spiritual aspect that many of the arts lack these days due to the money behind mma and ufc are lost and forgotten. I come from a long lineage in a martial art. I have trained many over the years and the arts are fine. Its the martial artist and what resonates for that individual person. Its up to you but, I would highly suggest checking it out. I put it off over the years and I highly regret it. How old are you? Its a great way to meet women. A group classes is also an awesome opportunity to meet new people too.

note: calories can really sneak up onyou huh. never knew coffe culture salads pack up to 700 calories.

10minutes on Elliptical and I burned 100 calories. I am usually doing 10minutes of intervals on high speeds and jogging in between each set. I do as much as 30minutes so, its an extra 300 calories I burn. I am feeling pretty lethargic on my diet routine and the high reps are exhausting me. I am noticing I am leaning up a lot more. I want my meso morph body structure back. My abs are showing nice and my lats and pectoral muscles as well.

Not even. The sun and moon salutations are amazing in yoga. The spiritual aspect that many of the arts lack these days due to the money behind mma and ufc are lost and forgotten. I come from a long lineage in a martial art. I have trained many over the years and the arts are fine. Its the martial artist and what resonates for that individual person. Its up to you but, I would highly suggest checking it out. I put it off over the years and I highly regret it. How old are you? Its a great way to meet women. A group classes is also an awesome opportunity to meet new people too.
you got me on meeting women part. I ll check it out.

day 11 continued :Was 269.7 after training today ( not terribly dehydrated )
However been clubbing tonight - and ate relatively a lot.

Salad at 2 pm. - 300, protein bar at 9pm, 2 of them - 500, plus greek wrap - 800 cal, plus some potatoes - 200.
Training - powerlifting - 1 hours. Plus very active day.

Last edited:
Day 12 : 271.6 in the morning.

Decide to have a small cheat today. Up to 3000 calories allowance.

Ended up at around 3500.

Training : none. But a lot of study.

Last edited:
271.2 today, but feel a bit dehydrated.

Diet - none, so far. Feel a bit depressed, but it was bound to happen sooner or later with this dieting thing ).

Well, not that much left to go.
Training rugby game - study like 12 hours

hm, for some reason anxiety and depression really kicked in today. Sort of past relationship problems, but it haven't bothered me before much, and I pretty much never had any nerves issues.

Tried to cry a bit, but couldn't huh )). Also, can't eat, tried but can't.

This is the first time since I have been on the diet the psychological effects kicked in.

On the positive side - if this depression kicked in and I was 312, oh, my.

Last edited:
271.2 today, but feel a bit dehydrated.

Diet - none, so far. Feel a bit depressed, but it was bound to happen sooner or later with this dieting thing ).

Well, not that much left to go.
Training rugby game - study like 12 hours

hm, for some reason anxiety and depression really kicked in today. Sort of past relationship problems, but it haven't bothered me before much, and I pretty much never had any nerves issues.

Tried to cry a bit, but couldn't huh )). Also, can't eat, tried but can't.

This is the first time since I have been on the diet the psychological effects kicked in.

On the positive side - if this depression kicked in and I was 312, oh, my.

When I get like that I try to stay as busy as possible, no down or idle time and make sure you're getting enough sleep.

Well, the moodiness is almost gone, definitely better than yesterday.

Weight 272.

Update: depression finally gone, feel fine again.
Been an active day,
Diet : yogurt - 300 cal, salad plus chili - around 600 cals. 2 fruit - 90 cal.
Some coffee and tea : around 100,
Just ha another coffee culture monster salads.

Training - none, got my ankle messed up on rugby. Midterm tomorrow
Will post pic tonight.

Last edited:
Well, the moodiness is almost gone, definitely better than yesterday.

Weight 272.

Update: depression finally gone, feel fine again.
Been an active day,
Diet : yogurt - 300 cal, salad plus chili - around 600 cals. 2 fruit - 90 cal.
Some coffee and tea : around 100,
Just ha another coffee culture monster salads.

Training - none, got my ankle messed up on rugby. Midterm tomorrow
Will post pic tonight.

Looking forward. I was actually planning to post my thread in plats so, I am kind of glad I kept it in the regular forum since, more people can get use to it and inspired. I need to up some pics. I am ill atm. Once i feel better I will take pics. Glad its coming for you.

Sarumyan:

From one bro to another I think you need to stop the extreme yo-yo fasting. You are really unraveling and it's clearly not healthy for you. Your diet should make you feel strong, mentally robust and satisfied, not paranoid and depressed.

This is coming from a guy who used to be bigger than you (i understand how you want to lose weight) and who does IF regularly.

Back