Sean Sherk Vs Today’s Top Fighters ?

Muscle Shark would do good tbh , was a real strong guy with good wrestling and crisp boxing. His sub defense was really good too , Id say top 5 at 155 but being as short as he is he'd probably be better off at 145.

you're right, because my join date means that's exactly when i started watching MMA!

idiot.
nice response how about instead of watching a highlight video of a fighter and basing your opinions on that you actually try watching some of his full fights. Sean was a laynpray style fighter that had just enough striking skills not to look like a Gracie on the feet.

In a nut shell he had great cardio and good to great takedowns/wrestling depending who you compare him to.

He lost to GSP, BJ Penn, Hughes and Edgar. The guy wasn't a push over by any means but his stand up was pretty weak. Primary because of his lack of reach and KO power. Sherk had very fast combos tho. Go watch his fights with Huges, Diaz etc. I would say anyone in the modern era who has a strong enough wrestling base/take down defense would own him pretty easy.

nice response how about instead of watching a highlight video of a fighter and basing your opinions on that you actually try watching some of his full fights. Sean was a laynpray style fighter that had just enough striking skills not to look like a Gracie on the feet.
" nice response ", you mean like you resorting to the old " your join date is when you started watching MMA " shit? LOL

i was around to watch his full fights, sounds like you just don't know shit and don't know what you're watching.

clown.

Height and USADA would be the biggest factor in any of his fights.

Agree.

I hated his style.
Decision machine and WRESTLE-boxer.

His cardio was very impressive though.

IMO, the close fight with Evan Dunham showed that his skill set was no longer adequate to be elite at 155.
Dunham was good, but if Sherk were really able to beat all the modern greats as people claim, he should have destroyed Dunham.
He was already on the wrong side of 30 and fought with a torn rotator cuff IIRC. He fought frequently with rotator cuffs being torn.

I think he would do excellent at 155. I think the only people who would give him trouble would be Khabib, Eddie and Ferguson. I don't think he'd do well at 170 though. Too short.

[QU
OTE="Char Jawz, post: 142912367, member: 463923"]Muscle Shark would lose to USADA before he can fight any of those guys.[/Q I wouldn't be too sure about that buddy John spawn that has a win over those guys UOTE]
i tend to agree with most of this.
What ones do you not?

Muscle Shark would lose to USADA before he can fight any of those guys.
That's just cute that you think that come on man if Josh Barnett can get one over on them anybody can. Not to mention I'm pretty sure they pick and choose who they want to catch now since the whole thing with Jon Jones

Agree.

I hated his style.
Decision machine and WRESTLE-boxer.

His cardio was very impressive though.

IMO, the close fight with Evan Dunham showed that his skill set was no longer adequate to be elite at 155.
Dunham was good, but if Sherk were really able to beat all the modern greats as people claim, he should have destroyed Dunham.
Yes but Sherk was all most 40 by the time of the Dunham fight and had a bad back to boot.

Not even top 10. What the fuck are you talking about?

People like to say Sherk was good because they like to made it to be a better win por BJ Can.

Truth be told, Sherk was good back in the day... he would get murked in 2018.

And he was so bad he only lost to GSP BJ Matt Hughes Frankie Edgar.

That's just cute that you think that come on man if Josh Barnett can get one over on them anybody can. Not to mention I'm pretty sure they pick and choose who they want to catch now since the whole thing with Jon Jones
It was just a joke, homie. Much hespect to The Shark. He was the 2nd LW champ and we can't take that away from him (although the barely existant drug testing at the time did). Facts are facts whether you believe them or not.
His fight against KenFlo for the vacant LW belt was a just bleed gods delight, though.

And he was so bad he only lost to GSP BJ Matt Hughes Frankie Edgar.
I'll never get the love for guys like Sean Sherk and Mike Brown that ppl seems to have these days they was limited skilled fighters who made the best of what they had but compared to the fighters that are out now are meh.

" nice response ", you mean like you resorting to the old " your join date is when you started watching MMA " shit? LOL

i was around to watch his full fights, sounds like you just don't know shit and don't know what you're watching.

clown.
I've been watching the sport alot longer then you so stop being a MMA hipster acting like you've been around longer then your join date says.

I'm just getting over him ripping wind at the MGM Grand and giving me a look like I did it..

145 would have to be his spot these days..man I would have liked to see that.

I've been watching the sport alot longer then you so stop being a MMA hipster acting like you've been around longer then your join date says.
nice argument, just making shit up and assuming.

" u-uh... i've been watching longer than you cause your j-join date!! "

for someone who's been around for such a long time you don't know shit lmao, what a clown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back