• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Sean O'Malley releases footage of armed police storming house after hoax 'swatting' call

Everyone do yourself a favor and look up the raid on Afroman's house. He wasn't at home, but he has cameras throughout. He asked them who was going yo pay to repair his place. The answer was not them. So he took the footage and made a music video out of it. They sued him.

"The plaintiffs argue that Afroman used their likeness and depictions "without the authorization of any of the plaintiffs to do so." The lawsuit goes on to say that the plaintiffs have "suffered humiliation, ridicule, mental distress, embarrassment and loss of reputation." The lawsuit claims they also received death threats."

Pretty crazy... I can't imagine a mixup like that.

I hope the asshole who made the call gets checked. Even better... how about they investigate silly random callz before they go pointing guns at innocent people ffs.
How can they investigate that fast in an emergency?

Imagine if he had his speakers blasting playing some game where he fires guns and they just storm in and start firing lol
Something similar happened to an Arab dude who was live streaming in a college class, they put a bomb countdown on his speaker. He’s still in prison even though he didn’t do it

I hear what you're saying, but there needs to be at least something in between any asshole being able to send police to my door with guns drawn. According to this, I can have anyone I want interrogated at gun point by simply making a phone call.

I could steal a police car & uniform & get anyone I want to disarm, & then I can tie them up, rob them & rape teh dog.

I happen to know a lot of rednecks who would not disarm under these circumstances... & don't trust for one that they are the police... but even if they are the police, they still don't trust them.

I mean, maybe we don't have to go from 0 - 60 like this if we get an "anonymous" phone call from any asshole making claims. I'm glad we have quick responses to terrible crimes, and I don't know where that middle ground solution is, but this is crazy. Can you imagine a shootout happening & it was for no reason?

Something similar happened to an Arab dude who was live streaming in a college class, they put a bomb countdown on his speaker. He’s still in prison even though he didn’t do it

That wasn't swatting, that was a degenerate IRL streamer letting his degenerate fans send text to speech donations that would blare out over Bluetooth speakers.
He was trying to annoy people around him for content while pretending to be an innocent party in the whole situation because he 'cant control what the people will play while donating'.
Some asshole who wanted to fuck with the asshole streamer who was fucking with people trying to do normal daily stuff paid like 5 bucks to play that bomb shit.
Arab Andy got what he deserved.
He did do it, FAFO.

Back