Schaub on Sage Northcutt: he's in the UFC because of his looks- in 4 years he'll be a fitness model

SUzyJNb.gif

Like+all+the+other+ones+listed+in+the+dont+have+_f5f19122121c393fb496c304332f2986.jpg
What the hell is that from?

Well seeing as he was once a fighter in the most prominent MMA organisation ever, I'd say he's great at fighting.

Just not as great as many of his opponents.

Nonsense.

Look at CM Punk. Look at WMMA.

The UFC has fooled you, sucker.

He is in the UFC, and is getting wins. Not horrible, not great. Just is more popular because of his looks/cool sounding name and other things. He isn't in the UFC because of it though.

Sage came in with the skills of a gymnast, practising all the wrong stuff.

He's getting better but he'll have to train like a dog to compete with the upper echelon.

I wouldn't be surprised if he in 4 years he's another Todd Marinovich given how much of a scumbag his dad is.
His dad is a good guy.

Sage is 21 In 4 years he'll still be a young fighter it just depends on how he is built up

He's kind of right.
Sage isn't really anything special. He's only getting hyped based on his appearance. It's always been like this, it is what it is. In the coming years, he's either going to get better and advance his MMA career or he will fizzle out just like the rest of the overhyped fighters have in the past.

I hope Sage is in the UFC for many more years. I really enjoy Christian robots saying "Thankyou Mr. Faber".

Was staggered to learn he isn't Latter Day Saints hey. Has that weird BYU / Provo smile.

I think he is a legitimately nice kid, but at the expense of ever having questioned anything he has ever been told since his birth and living his own life. I hope he kills his parents and lives a little hey. Poor dude is a Martina Hingis / Tonya Harding case if I have ever seen one. His folks have had his future mapped out for him since before conception. Sad.

Wtf. Dude is 21 yrs old. Are we serious here?

You would think with the way Schaub talks he was a big deal in the HW division.. this guy lost to a completely shot Big Nog.. he was a borderline top 10 at best and that's ONLY because it was the HW division.. His "skills" in say the LW division probably wouldn't even get him top 20..

This guy is more famous for getting KOed brutally then anything else in fighting

That is still more than Sage will ever be able to say about his career. You can tell by the way he acts that this is just a game to him and he isn’t in it completely.

Sage is a good example of how a hyper athletic guy can be a totally shit fighter. Being strong and fast does not necessarily make you good in a fight, it's a definite advantage but it's not everything.

This is why the "level A athlete would dominate" thing is such bull. Sage has all the physical tools, he just doesnt have the right software.

Back