SBBC: Miami Hurricanes edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
learn-to-swim-joel-osteen-27559177.png
Lost hard at this

I'm shellshocked getting texts and pics in. I can't even look at my phone right now. Everywhere I loved in the islands got fucking destroyed. My favorite bars, just gone. My favorite restaurant (favorite for the view at least) was a converted building from plantation times (i.e., had been through a few centuries of hurricanes), flattened. Fuck Irma. The eye wall made concrete crumble.

Our best friend's down there have had a boat charter for 40+ years. I've been sailing on their boat since I was 6. Destroyed. Seriously, fuck this storm. At least they're ok. The boat was in the fucking dry dock for fuck's sake. How does that get destroyed? It's like the best geographical location on the island for taking the storm.

I'm shellshocked getting texts and pics in. I can't even look at my phone right now. Everywhere I loved in the islands got fucking destroyed. My favorite bars, just gone. My favorite restaurant (favorite for the view at least) was a converted building from plantation times (i.e., had been through a few centuries of hurricanes), flattened. Fuck Irma. The eye wall made concrete crumble.

Our best friend's down there have had a boat charter for 40+ years. I've been sailing on their boat since I was 6. Destroyed. Seriously, fuck this storm. At least they're ok.

Damn thats brutal. Where do your friends live? did they evacuate beforehand?

I've always wanted to have a hurricane party. The only way to get to Florida now is by driving, correct?
They are pretty fun tbh, a lot more interaction than most parties because the powers out so you're forced to talk to people lol

Damn thats brutal. Where do your friends live? did they evacuate beforehand?
We have a lot of friends down there, we've been going to St. Thomas for over 30 years. We have a house on the island on the North Side. The friends with the boat live in Red Hook on the East End, which got brutalized. They're halfway up a hill. I'm assuming their deck (wood) is gone, but their concrete house probably held. I'm worried about their roof. Only know about the boat because their niece told everyone.

Main worry at our place is that the roof might be gone. It's a fucking fortress otherwise and I prepped it myself before I left, so I know all the shutters and stuff were good. No one needs to stay there, but I'd like to find out if it's damaged. If it's not (past being a huge mess) our friends who need a roof can stay there. I topped off the generator before I left.

Edit: No, no one I know evac'd. Up until day of it was supposed to be about 30-50 miles north of the island. Still would have been rough, but not like this. This hit direct. Eye wall straight through the island.

Last edited:
The boat was in the fucking dry dock for fuck's sake. How does that get destroyed? It's like the best geographical location on the island for taking the storm.

I'm thinking there's probably tornadoes being created by the storm like there was with Andrew. Which is pretty much my worst nightmare of what could happen

I can deal with a wet storm that just floods shit, but getting spammed with fkn tornadoes boliterating everything in their paths? fml

It's like the Cloverfield monster with those smaller parasite monsters that fall off of it and run around wrecking shit

Hispanic Jew looking guy? We talking about my dude Rona?

Got the guns out for the looters, bout to cap some asses fam

Having a backfield of Shady and Zeke is cool and everything, but I can't help to think about a backfield of Zeke and Joe Mixon. Talk about a real 1-2 punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back