SBBC: Miami Hurricanes edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend in Palm Beach who is a block from the beach. He is staying.
And then a bunch more people can risk their lives to go save them.

Good luck you cans. Let me know if you need anything.

Does Osteen have a church in south Florida you guys can take refuge at?

If any of you cans are looking to help out with the Harvey recovery and Irma recovery and/or need extra work and are willing to travel, FEMA is hiring temporary positions. I know we are all wealthy, bench the 275 on Sherdog and have 10s for wives (husbands) that we cant keep our hands off of, and don't need work like this, but let your lesser friends know lmao! FEMA needs people like the Pats needed a defense last night. Some of the positions that they are hiring for.

Individual Assistance
Logistics
IT
Disaster Survivor Assistance -
Hazard Mitigation - Floodplain management, mitigation strategies for the built environment, flood insurance, grant programs and authorities
Disaster Emergency Communications

I dont work for FEMA

good publicity

i'll just do the uncle phil and donate some money

Oh, so this thing is coming to the west coast now?

tenor.gif

Don't worry chimps got it under control. He'll just rustle the hurricane back to the ocean.
Chimps just a normal Floridian, the ones that are all "It's just a hurricane, derp" are just as annoying as the ones that are "I NEED GAS, I NEED WATER, GET THE FUCK OUT WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE".

There's something weird about an impending hurricane, when it's a storm like this. Hurricanes are a different kind of natural disaster because unlike say an earthquake or tsunami, hurricanes obviously come with advanced warning. That advanced warning is in itself an interesting thing. What to make of it? Forewarning of your impending doom isn't necessarily a benefit, especially if you're helpless to avoid it. Some would say the anxiety of knowing is a greater torture than the actual damage itself.

Most South Floridians are used to hurricane scares and have adapted to not take the annual hysteria all that seriously. We must adapt this way, otherwise nothing could ever get done down here. But then once every decade or so a storm like this shows up and forces even the most hardened of us veteran storm cynics to genuinely contemplate existential considerations and preparations. There is a tangible change in the environment that is real (e.g. birds will leave the area; the deafening silence of no bird noise is a brutally eerie sound). When you go to the market, the people, even tho everyone is panicking to get whatever supplies they think they need, are somehow tranquil. When you're driving, you notice that the routinely voted rudest drivers in America are passive

There is a død kalm that exists. And everyone feels it. It's all we feel

wtf, this new trajectory has this shit coming directly at us.

Went from the East coast getting obliterated and us getting some winds/rain last night. to the exact opposite in less than 24 hours.

This is bullshit, fam.

Chimps just a normal Floridian, the ones that are all "It's just a hurricane, derp" are just as annoying as the ones that are "I NEED GAS, I NEED WATER, GET THE FUCK OUT WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE".
lol..no need to be stressed

i got all my supplies etc..imjust chilling, playing COD until power goes out

Went from the East coast getting obliterated and us getting some winds/rain last night. to the exact opposite in less than 24 hours.

This is bullshit, fam.

I heard a couple hours ago the eye was supposed to miss by a little bit and not be a direct hit, guess that's changed?

There's something weird about an impending hurricane, when it's a storm like this. Hurricanes are a different kind of natural disaster because unlike say an earthquake or tsunami, hurricanes obviously come with advanced warning. That advanced warning is in itself an interesting thing. What to make of it? Forewarning of your impending doom isn't necessarily a benefit, especially if you're helpless to avoid it. Some would say the anxiety of knowing is a greater torture than the actual damage itself.

Most South Floridians are used to hurricane scares and have adapted to not take the annual hysteria all that seriously. We must adapt this way, otherwise nothing could ever get done down here. But then once every decade or so a storm like this shows up and forces even the most hardened of us veteran storm cynics to genuinely contemplate existential considerations and preparations. There is a tangible change in the environment that is real (e.g. birds will leave the area; the deafening silence of no bird noise is a brutally eerie sound). When you go to the market, the people, even tho everyone is panicking to get whatever supplies they think they need, are somehow tranquil. When you're driving, you notice that the routinely voted rudest drivers in America are passive

There is a død kalm that exists. And everyone feels it. It's all we feel
<Dana05>

some girl i know is so worried shes throwing up

I've always wanted to have a hurricane party. The only way to get to Florida now is by driving, correct?

This is bullshit, fam.
You really can't put any stock in this forecasting. The strength of the storm, winds, rainfall, storm surge -- shit like that actually matters but the trajectories are pointless. When Andrew hit, literally the night of, all reports were saying Broward County would be hit head on. Well, nope. Dade County took the direct hit and they took it hard. My family was actually going to go spend the night in Dade to avoid the direct hit but at the last second decided to ride it out in Broward. Who knows what would've happened had we actually went down to Dade that night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back