Sarah Silverman interviews Bill Burr

Bill Burr is probably the best active comedian. The bit about his dog sitting in the corner feeding off his negative energy gets me no matter how many times I watch it.

What I learned:

1. If someone wanted to sue Sarah Silverman, she keeps all of her correspondences. They should be admissible in court.
2. Bill Burr is successful because he had a strong work ethic and never felt any job was beneath him.
3. I don't think those two people are friends in real life.
4. Public hugs are awkward.

When Sarah Siverman's looks go away, her meltdown will be epic. Nobody is gonna put up with her shit.

haha that was great

Not ridiculous, bad.

Silverman did a bad job as host.

Maybe she'll grow into it, maybe she won't.

That's why I love Bill. He can be funny all the time.

Like when he told that guy he looked like the first bad guy to be killed in a steven segal movie.

Last edited:
Sarah is great. Didn’t know she had a show.

I havent seen it yet but I bet it was better than that H3H3 interview he did.

Sarah is great. Didn’t know she had a show.
I've never been a big fan of Sarah's comedy, because her voice and delivery just don't work for me.
But her show is really good. (depending on your politics, i guess) She starts the show off a bit serious with serious talk, but then usually does some sort of interview with somebody from "the otherside" of the ailse. She doesn't judge them, they just have a conversation and she tries to see what they're like.
It's a pretty good show if given a chance.

Burr is a smart, unapologetic guy who's can defend his somewhat "controversial" views. I can't watch the video but i'd guess Burr holds back a little for the sake of civility and/or Sarah tries to challenge with her overly emotional views and struggles in attempts to corner Burr. Hopefully Sarah stays away from her lunacy, if so she can be pretty entertaining...

Ridiculous strange interview.

lol Yikes...yea...that was not a good interview...pretty wasted opportunity actually because Bill is hilarious.
In fairness, Bill isn't an easy guy to interview. If you watch some of his other interviews, there are a lot of people that struggle to keep up with him because Bill doesn't give a fuckkkkk, so he'll just say whatever it is he's thinking.
But the way Sarah started that interview off guranteed to make it weird, because Bill isn't the kind of dude to let you shit on him, even jokingly, and not either mention it, or give you some shit back. And if you make a bad joke, lol he won't help you save yourself--he'll let it marinate for a bit. So, that was a shit interview job on her.

She comes off as a crazy harpy in that video, but it's not a good representation of how her show usually is. She has light conversations with a lot of people that she doesn't politcally agree with, and they're no where near as awkward and weird as this one was. I don't think Sarah is really a sensitive snowflake type, but you can just tell that a chick like her, and a guy like Bill wouldn't get along. lol I think Bill is a hard pill to swallow for a lot of women, to be honest.

he should have pulled his cock out and told that bitch to speak on the microphone

Sarah was trying to knock him down a few pegs, paint him as a guy with serious malfunction and cover up her 2-faced manipulation with the stock "but you know I love you and we're such good friends" card. She assumed he would play along in order to maintain civility in front of a crowd and lights like so many comedians and celebs would. She would put "their friendship" on the line and he would predictably meet her halfway in order to get those class-act points as expected.

She and her producer had previously calculated that it would get a lot of attention for her and her shitty unknown show. The brutal honesty, revealing quotes, the shockingly candid exposé! This was a hit-piece giftwrapped with an olive branch. Failproof.

Only he didn't fall for that or play along, he knew exactly what was going on. It was an ambush and he calmly called her out on it. He didn't feel bad for her show or her credibility dip because of what she was trying to do, he wasn't going to step in and graciously "save the show" in front of the audience by taking a velvet-lined character assassination bullet.

This is a tactic that's as old as a roach's balls, and several times less pleasant. This would have worked on basically everyone during the 90's when she probably pulled this asshole maneuver against every single one of her ex boyfriends. You could tell she had decades of practice, she had no idea it could even backfire. She didn't know him very well but knew that most people will act like they're your best buddy in front of other people if you declare it in front of them.

I'm glad he stood his ground and refused to sacrifice his self-respect as the "gesture of kindness" towards her trap she expected him to dive into.

The funny thing is nobody will trust her now. Good riddance

Last edited:
As someone who never payed attention to silverman.... was her voice always this annoying lol?

Good fucking christ like nails on a chalk board.

Back