Sam Harris v Russel Brand Discussion on Islam, philosophy and other issues.

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Interesting talk ... warning, it's LONG!

I used to like Russel Brand, I used to think he was hilarious and witty, but his worldview is completely lost. He just doesn't see reality and constantly makes excuses and false equivalences for Islamic Terrorism.

Would love to see Brand debate Peterson/Molyneux. Sam Harris is pretty good, but his analogies drag on a bit.

Why the hell do people still seek Brand's opinion on anything?

I'm at the stage where when I see an Islam thread in the War Room, I am about to type something, then pause and realise "You know what.. I don't care for this, or the ensuing headache of constantly repeating myself to questions I've answered in previous threads." We all know Harris is gonna say "Islam is bad" any way.

I'm at the stage where when I see an Islam thread in the War Room, I am about to type something, then pause and realise "You know what.. I don't care for this, or the ensuing headache of constantly repeating myself to questions I've answered in previous threads." We all know Harris is gonna say "Islam is bad" any way.
It's a goat fucking death cult predicated on the subjugation of women and world domination. Get over it.

When did brand become a social commentary people wanted to listen to anyway?

Seems like a squash match. Might watch later.

I like Brand. He is 100 percent a wierdo though.

Interesting talk ... warning, it's LONG!

I used to like Russel Brand, I used to think he was hilarious and witty, but his worldview is completely lost. He just doesn't see reality and constantly makes excuses and false equivalences for Islamic Terrorism.

Would love to see Brand debate Peterson/Molyneux. Sam Harris is pretty good, but his analogies drag on a bit.

Why does sam harris always go up against celebrities like this guy or ben afleck. Go up against real scholars and historians of islam.

When did brand become a social commentary people wanted to listen to anyway?

I have no idea heard him on the Rogan podcast and I had to stop half way through. He's fucking stupid. Reminds me of Duncan Trussel who I also can't stand listening to.

Time stamped. Watch from 30 min to 40 min.

I love Russell Brand but this dude needs to stick to spirituality and comedy and leave the politics and psychology to experts.

S: There is a difference between women forced to live in black bags in the desert, unable to go to school.
R: Different culture, hard to judge.

Russell gets absolutely clowned in this conversation and the comment section reflects that.

This is how moral relativists sound and this is what you get when you push the ideology of social constructionism and moral relativism. Anything goes, it's all relative, there is no true right from wrong.

It's a goat fucking death cult predicated on the subjugation of women and world domination. Get over it.
Mhm, I guess I'm a bad muslim for not murdering people. On ignore you go.

Mhm, I guess I'm a bad muslim for not murdering people. On ignore you go.
According to your holy book, you are a bad person for not "slaying the infidel wherever you find them". Your prophet raped and married a child. Deal with it.

Brand isn't exceptionally smart, but he seems to be a good guy. There really don't need to be any "excuses" for the state of Muslim countries, as there is an overflowing reserve of rational and factual explanations.

Also, Molyneux is a fucking moron. Even Brand could beat him.

I like sam harris but there is a funny critique of him labeling him a hysterical man speaking calmly. I enjoy it.

Back