Sakakibara reminisces about Pride-FC

Best part was were he said Rizin is farther along now than Pride was after the same # of events.

Rizin is basically Pride with a different lesser known roster. The production is identical, they have the screaming lady, takada, sakakibara and now even Mauro back. the audience isn't there yet and neither are the fighters but i think they should continue to focus on Kron, imo he's a legit star, otherwise grand prix it up and build some stars that way

Rizin is basically Pride with a different lesser known roster. The production is identical, they have the screaming lady, takada, sakakibara and now even Mauro back. the audience isn't there yet and neither are the fighters but i think they should continue to focus on Kron, imo he's a legit star, otherwise grand prix it up and build some stars that way

Kron has probably the most potential of becoming a big foreign star in Rizin since he's Rickson's son, one of the best jiu jitsu competitors in the world and a legit overall fighter proved by his win over Kawajiri. However Tenshin Nasukawa and Rena are much more important for Rizin's domestic growth IMO.

They have no talent to get big

Kron has probably the most potential of becoming a big foreign star in Rizin since he's Rickson's son, one of the best jiu jitsu competitors in the world and a legit overall fighter proved by his win over Kawajiri. However Tenshin Nasukawa and Rena are much more important for Rizin's domestic growth IMO.

Tenshin is gonna be great

>
Sakakibara reminisces about Pride-FC

I learned this verb from a Freddy Mercury song when I was in 8th grade. Never used the word in the conversation or heard someone saying it.

I like PRIDE bushido, Dream, and Rizin equally. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Rizin.

The problem with Rizin and to a lesser extent Bellator is that you look at the number and look at the names and think that "Yeah, this could possibly go somewhere" yet when you consider who these names are, its mostly past their prime fighters who merely have a few more shows in them (and their fights are mostly awful, but thats another issue). Its a short sighted situation, that cant go anywhere unless fresh blood comes pouring in. They need fighters like Davis, Mousasi, fighters who have showed they can hang in the UFC so that a few wins over random fighters will make the fans think theyre better than they ever was.

But thats the other issue - the fans. The days when hype trains were built with the bodies of knocked out cans is long gone, and nowadays hype trains are built with twitter posts. That is a problem, because if the venue is small to begin with than no one will see the talking. These fans barely enjoy MMA, they enjoy drama and knockouts.

However, that trend might change. I think the best bet for Rizin and Bellator is to buils up young fighters, make no excessive glory signings (Fedor) and bide their time, instead of throwing these withered legends against each other. The way it is now, UFC looks like a primetime drama to the fairwhether fans, while Bellator/Rizin looks like carnie fairs. If they focused on quality over bombast at least it would look like a sport.

This is true pride had many young and prime fighters with them

Bellator and rizin all past prime guys
They should prospect countries like Brazil
The problem with Rizin and to a lesser extent Bellator is that you look at the number and look at the names and think that "Yeah, this could possibly go somewhere" yet when you consider who these names are, its mostly past their prime fighters who merely have a few more shows in them (and their fights are mostly awful, but thats another issue). Its a short sighted situation, that cant go anywhere unless fresh blood comes pouring in. They need fighters like Davis, Mousasi, fighters who have showed they can hang in the UFC so that a few wins over random fighters will make the fans think theyre better than they ever was.

But thats the other issue - the fans. The days when hype trains were built with the bodies of knocked out cans is long gone, and nowadays hype trains are built with twitter posts. That is a problem, because if the venue is small to begin with than no one will see the talking. These fans barely enjoy MMA, they enjoy drama and knockouts.

However, that trend might change. I think the best bet for Rizin and Bellator is to buils up young fighters, make no excessive glory signings (Fedor) and bide their time, instead of throwing these withered legends against each other. The way it is now, UFC looks like a primetime drama to the fairwhether fans, while Bellator/Rizin looks like carnie fairs. If they focused on quality over bombast at least it would look like a sport.
Takes time to build rosters...

Did he reminisce about the scummy move he pulled dismantling the organization in the middle of the sale, behind the backs of the purchasers, essentially ripping them off? Not very honorabru.

Did he reminisce about the scummy move he pulled dismantling the organization in the middle of the sale, behind the backs of the purchasers, essentially ripping them off? Not very honorabru.

No. It was a pretty standard and not very interesting read at all imo.
Behind the scenes that guys is at least as mafia as Lorenzo

the audience isn't there yet and neither are the fighters but i think they should continue to focus on Kron, imo he's a legit star, otherwise grand prix it up and build some stars that way

Kron, Tenshin, Rena, Yasuke Yachi, Aliakbari, all seem like legit up and coming talents.

Gabi , Tenshin, Hideo Tokoro, Rena and if asked nicely enough even Sakuraba could all fight every 2 months

Hell Tenshin asked to fight 2 days after winning

This isn't the toilet level UFC where guys plan to fight once a year and pull out due to shit being too tough

RIZIN's top fighters could fight 6 times a year it would be pretty damn doable

RIZIN every two months

it's so immoral when one mafioso rips off another

words cannot describe it

They also need to find a Rings like org to rob talent from.

Hope to heaven that RIZIN survives and becomes sustainable. High production JMMA is the best MMA there is.

It is true that they're lacking in talent, but the production and backstories somewhat make up for it. They've made the Yamamotos a whole saga to see if either of them can catch a break, and I'm way more invested in that than I would be a typical UFC co-main event.

I do think they need a heavyweight champion though as the face of the promotion, and I think the depleted heavyweight scene actually helps them. They can get Ishii (or another Japanese heavyweight), feed him cans, and present a Japanese heavyweight as one of the best heavyweights in the world. It's too bad Cro Cop retired, otherwise that would've been a strong alternative as he's a link to PRIDE, and gets the Japanese love anyway.

Hope RENA and King Reina end up being long-term breakout WMMA stars, and definitely want to see more Gabi Garcia fights. Equally high hopes for Kyoji Horiguchi, Kron Gracie, and Tenshin Nasukawa. Basically want RIZIN to be PRIDE 2.0, and I'd love to experience that JMMA boom again.

Back