Ryder Cup

Yeah on paper they do. A lot of the players went off the boil though whereas the Europe player seemed to get better coming in.

Phil was like +10 last week....

USA just can't buy a putt

Yeah USA have really been struggling with the putting and hitting the fairway so far. They really don't seem to like playing on this course.

Whelp that was quite a wrap.. USA fell behind and couldn't claw themselves out of the hole.

USA failed to fire unfortunately and it was always playing catch up it seems, even with the session they won 3-1 on day 1. Just couldn't seem to buy a birdie and make key putts

History does repeat itself. USA imploding after and eating each other alive. Ref: Patrick Reed

Reed certainly outspoken about pairings, etc.
And as much as I like Furyk, how the hell did he become team captain?
Are they voted in? Did no one else want it?

Reed certainly outspoken about pairings, etc.
And as much as I like Furyk, how the hell did he become team captain?
Are they voted in? Did no one else want it?

There's a line and I guess his name came up. It's a rarity to see someone in this day and age repeat as captain in back to back cups.

I feel that at times, the role of the RC captain in overplayed but what do I know.. Put the right personalities together and let the players play.

At the end of the day, I think the US players just didn't show up and unfortunately it sports, that happens.

Tiger looked gassed. Phil spray it everywhere. Reed didn't have his best stuff this week.

I also wouldn't pile on Tiger for his 0 for. Yes historically, he hasn't played well in the paired events but I thought he did what he could. He had to play against the red hot Euro team in every match and his partner for most of them was dead weight. Missing the 4 footers in the singles certainly didn't help at all.

Back