Russian Athletes allegedly denied visas by US

Eddieg

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://mmasucka.com/2018/03/29/russ...-grant-visas-out-of-2018-wrestling-world-cup/

The Russian Ministry is making claims that the United States refused to grant visas to the wrestlers coming to compete in the 2018 World Cup.

If true, my best guess as to why is the exposure of the state-sponsored doping system. Or perhaps it is the national ties to shady assassinations.

ALTERNATIVE THEORY: Russian wrestling has been weakened by the PED bust, and they're ducking the US freestyle team because they don't want this work. USA USA USA

MMA Relation: We know how much politics and sports intersect in Russia. Every competitor that calls themselves Russian is representing something more than themselves, even in MMA. Are we going to see Russian MMA fighters running into more visa trouble now? If you recall, Frodo Khasbulaev was denied a visa and sat on the shelf for 2 years while Bellator refused to release him.

Thoughts?

I thought Frodo was denied a visa because he used to train in a gym where known terrorists also train. Seems like a legitimate reason.

Funny how Russia is getting scapegoated on PEDs now. Do you think Americans prior to this scandal competed clean vs juiced up Russians?

Smells like Russophobia, and I’m having issues getting my documents all in order for my Russia/Chechnya vacation... and many of my friends parents have had visas denied.

Meanwhile Americans can visit Russia and even Dagestan without any problems..

Smells like Russophobia, and I’m having issues getting my documents all in order for my Russia/Chechnya vacation... and many of my friends parents have had visas denied.
Chechnya isnt that near the Volga bro :/

Trump is ducking Putin.

Also TS... UFC LW Taisumov is being denied a visa and he would arguably be a contender if wasnt relegated to fight overseas.

Chechnya isnt that near the Volga bro :/
??? What’s that have to do with my post? I said I’m having issues getting my documents ready for my vacation to Russia/Chechnya..... If it makes you feel better I’ll be living in Volgograd 90% of the time......

Probably something to do with Russia being barred from the Olympics due to the Sochi doping scandal.

??? What’s that have to do with my post? I said I’m having issues getting my documents ready for my vacation to Russia/Chechnya..... If it makes you feel better I’ll be living in Volgograd 90% of the time......

Take it easy XD i thought you were being sarcastic when you said Chechnya. Vacationing to Chechnya isnt that common for people in this forum. I have been to Volgograd, nice town ;).

Take it easy XD i thought you were being sarcastic when you said Chechnya. Vacationing to Chechnya isnt that common for people in this forum. I have been to Volgograd, nice town ;).
ohhh ok I’m not most people in this forum ))) and yes Volgograd is great!! But I’m biased )) Откуда Вы?

http://mmasucka.com/2018/03/29/russ...-grant-visas-out-of-2018-wrestling-world-cup/

The Russian Ministry is making claims that the United States refused to grant visas to the wrestlers coming to compete in the 2018 World Cup.

If true, my best guess as to why is the exposure of the state-sponsored doping system. Or perhaps it is the national ties to shady assassinations.

ALTERNATIVE THEORY: Russian wrestling has been weakened by the PED bust, and they're ducking the US freestyle team because they don't want this work. USA USA USA

MMA Relation: We know how much politics and sports intersect in Russia. Every competitor that calls themselves Russian is representing something more than themselves, even in MMA. Are we going to see Russian MMA fighters running into more visa trouble now? If you recall, Frodo Khasbulaev was denied a visa and sat on the shelf for 2 years while Bellator refused to release him.

Thoughts?
In Russian media Zakharova said that US answered that because Russia kicked so many diplomats from Russia there is not enough people. Like they need more time now to look at requests for visa and give visa to guys. I think Shlemenko said something like that before he waited weeks/month for a visa and now it took few months if I'm not wrong.
I think some time ago American embassy (not sure) said that Russian who needs visas can apply for visas in Ukraine and Georgia. And actually I've seen comment that Makhachev waited for visa for some time and like days before the fight applied for visa in Georgia and received it in a short time.

Im from Grozny originally, are you a ethnic Russian? haven't many Russians named Zach :D
nice! )) I’m excited to see friends and visit Grozny!! My First name is Захари, and ethnic yes :) but raised in США.

Last edited:
Didn't Russian athletes get banned from the winter Olympics because of state sponsored doping and steroid distribution?

I thought Frodo was denied a visa because he used to train in a gym where known terrorists also train. Seems like a legitimate reason.

Funny how Russia is getting scapegoated on PEDs now. Do you think Americans prior to this scandal competed clean vs juiced up Russians?
Every top performing nation is on th juice.

nice! )) I’m excited to see friends and visit Grozny!! My First name is Захари, and ethnic yes :) but raised in США.
Cool, im going to Chechnya this summer. You have family there or just friends? what do you think of Chechnya today? never heard the opinion of a tourist.

Cool, im going to Chechnya this summer. You have family there or just friends? what do you think of Chechnya today? never heard the opinion of a tourist.
I’ll be there in late May, just friends in chechnya, family in Penza and Volgograd, my friends call me Ramzan лол , and from what I have seen and heard I think Ramzan does good for his country, but he does go overboard with personal spending and money I think. And Grozny is beautiful.

I’ll be there in late May, just friends in chechnya, family in Penza and Volgograd, my friends call me Ramzan лол , and from what I have seen and heard I think Ramzan does good for his country, but he does go overboard with personal spending and money I think. And Grozny is beautiful.

Thats nice to hear, i have noticed that many Russians visit and even stay in Chechnya today. Yeah his weddings where spends millions is kinda hard to watch xD but he does keep Chechnya peaceful and builds alot schools, hospitals and stuff.

Yeah Frodo's visa denial was probably justified then. But Bellator still dicked him over. I think American steroid use is rampant but not quite on the scale as Russia's.

Trump is ducking Putin.

Also TS... UFC LW Taisumov is being denied a visa and he would arguably be a contender if wasnt relegated to fight overseas.

I love Taisumov this is a disgrace. Unless there's a good reason he's being denied...

Every top performing nation is on th juice.

I believe it.

Back