[Rumour] McGregor under police surveillance due to..

Was thinking the same thing. Italian Mob is nothing like it used to be. The mob doesn't take on governments anymore. Not in the US anyway. the IRA does. IRA is more like a military.

Completely agree...I inadvertantly omitted "contemporary" mob in my OP with the same thought in mind.

You think the average Conor hater on Sherdog has critical thinking skills?
I have never nor will never accuse any Conor hater of having critical thinking skills. Anyone who spends hundreds of hours anonymously hating on a pro athlete just doesn't seem to have the mental capacity for it.

Was thinking the same thing. Italian Mob is nothing like it used to be. The mob doesn't take on governments anymore. Not in the US anyway. the IRA does. IRA is more like a military. Both seem past their prime tho.
There are a few different groups that go under the name of the IRA. The groups that get involved in gangland stuff aren't the same group that used to carry out military attacks. The gangster ones are usually just distantly related splinter groups that have no actual military capabilities, they generally just commit robberies and do gangstery stuff. It helps their brand to call themselves the IRA.

Was thinking the same thing. Italian Mob is nothing like it used to be. The mob doesn't take on governments anymore. Not in the US anyway. the IRA does. IRA is more like a military. Both seem past their prime tho.
Isis is the new breed.

They've really been blowing up the scene.

This is 2017, I highly doubt Conor could even go to a bar without multiple pictures and cell phone videos of him just being there, let alone beating someones ass. No way that wouldn't have been recorded and posted and TMZ'd and Yahoo'd and all that gossip shit. Probably just a soccer player or something.

I've heard a lot of stories about Conor hanging out with dodgy gangsters. Apparently one of the people he was partying with in Liverpool a few weeks back is a Kinehan, which is a family involved in a gang war going on in Ireland at the moment.

Last year there was a shooting at the Boxing weigh in of Conor's mate Jamie Kavanagh's fight.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-linked-to-dublin-gangland-feud-a6857851.html

he's arrogant enough to get himself in real trouble, wouldn't surprise me if true. however i think we would have heard about it by now if conor had beaten someone up in a bar.
You'd be surprised.

In Ireland there's a big "see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing" attitude when it comes to things like that, especially if he's hanging out in dodgy pubs.

In the cellphone era any celeb fight would have been recorded, especially Conor.

This is 2017, I highly doubt Conor could even go to a bar without multiple pictures and cell phone videos of him just being there, let alone beating someones ass. No way that wouldn't have been recorded and posted and TMZ'd and Yahoo'd and all that gossip shit. Probably just a soccer player or something.

Lol at thinking McGregor is more famous than soccer players

McGregor makes a habit of turning up to gangsters funerals in dublin. He's a proper scumbag.

seeing as it doesnt mention anyone, and Ireland has more than one international star.... this thread sucks

Shite article, if this really happen Conor would have taken a selfie with the "mob" guy while he was unconscious.

There are a few different groups that go under the name of the IRA. The groups that get involved in gangland stuff aren't the same group that used to carry out military attacks. The gangster ones are usually just distantly related splinter groups that have no actual military capabilities, they generally just commit robberies and do gangstery stuff. It helps their brand to call themselves the IRA.

Assuming this has any truth to it, it would be very stupid for any organized crime unit to kill Conor. lol. He's too big and famous. Bring heat down on you. But then again, gangsters aren't the smartest people and people got away with killing Tupac and Biggie.

Ireland is interesting. I watched a documentary on their bare knuckle history. Family feuds going back generations.

seeing as it doesnt mention anyone, and Ireland has more than one international star.... this thread sucks
Not many Irish international stars with ties to people involved in gangland crime though.

I'm from the same area of Dublin Conor is, it's pretty much impossible not to know people involved in gangs, but he grew up in a local boxing club, it was inevitable that he'd at least befriend some people who come from those sort of families or grew up to be involved in gangland crime.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/kinahan-cartel-thugs-enjoy-high-life-with-champ-mcgregor

It's incredibly stupid for someone in his position to be hanging around with people like this.

Assuming this has any truth to it, it would be very stupid for any organized crime unit to kill Conor. lol. He's too big and famous. Bring heat down on you. But then again, gangsters aren't the smartest people and people got away with killing Tupac and Biggie.
Nobody is going to kill him over a pub altercation. It's very possible he could be extorted or coerced into doing something to quash the beef. For example use his private jet to courier drug money.

Back