Rumor: If 125 is Dissolved, Not All Flyweights Will Move Up; Many Will Be Cut.

Reminds me of my girlfriend breaking up with me because of my tiny dick.

It's terrible but it's how the world works.

Only 38/174 FLW fights were finished by strikes. Don't act like the FLWs don't have a much worse finish rate.

so one in every 5 ? how does that compare with the rest of the divisions

No option to join the women's 125 lb division?

Worse than every other male division:

http://www.fightmatrix.com/ufc-records/ufc-fight-outcomes-by-weight-class/

Only some of the female divisions do worse.

yes, although "worse than every other male division" (which is to be expected considering they are not HWs), it's not much different than 135. It's maybe a couple % points of a difference. And the same with 145. I mean, 145 only averages 5 more KO/TKO via strikes per 100 than FLW so its not like its some massive difference.

Again, the guys at 125 possess more skill as MMA fighters than the vast majority of guys 205+. Don't get why they get shit on so much just cuz they are smaller. Pacquiao is loved by everyone and he isn't much bigger than these guys, don't know the reasoning behind it.

Yeah, the guys who bought the UFC for $40M and sold it for $4B didn't care for making money.

<YeahOKJen>
Compared to WME? Come on, son. The Fertita's wouldn't have let shit get this out of control for some extra dough.

Totally unfair that physically disabled dudes who would get rekt by ~90% of the population can't make a living as professional fighters

You really think that? I train with some guys that can make 125 (they do cut a good amount of weight to be fair, and most fight at 135-145) and if you did too I think you’d change your tune. They can hit pretty damn hard and good luck hitting them.

The argument you make is something fat, untrained people say to make themselves feel better. 90% of the population...? Sorry, you’d get ko’d by a “manlet.”

Yeah, the guys who bought the UFC for $40M and sold it for $4B didn't care for making money.
WME clearly has a problem of short-time thinking, something the Ferttitas did not. They wanted to expand the sport the most they could, while with WME it's all about monetizing what they can and drain the most water out of rocks, if you understand what i mean. From a business standpoint it's a acceptable strategy but it's hurting the sport & UFC itself in my opinion.

Can you please sign a fight agreement with any of the 125lbers? Agreement being if the flyweight pushes in your chit he/she doesn't have to pay your medical bills?
Actually the 125lb division would be way more watchable if they did match them against 250lb dudes with no fighting experience, I would watch that all day.

This is some bullshit.
Flyweight is a great weightclass, faced paced exciting fights.

They have 2 WMMA divisions that are almost completely inactive....hell one has 1 fighter in it and the other doesn't even have a champion....

<Dylan>

Good. If they can't bulk up or become entertaining, screw them.

They can go to the midget league ONE FC or Invicta. Whatever suits.

Another key and interesting detail to add onto this whole thing.

Honestly it's cost these guys end making no money. I hope they do a cruiserweight division and a super light weight division.

Hate that they're cutting flw when womens flw and fw are still persisting, but they obviously couldn't just shuffle all of them to bw.

Totally unfair that physically disabled dudes who would get rekt by ~90% of the population can't make a living as professional fighters

Those flyweights would wreck 90% of the population
Youve got it backwards

Youve clearly never trained

Common sense

What is common sense exactly? The UFC hired someone who concluded the flyweights costing them money? Where did you find this out? I would like to know that.

Or it's common sense the FWs are individually at fault for failing UFC events?

I would like to see any evidence this is true. Let's see any numbers that could prove UFC had failing events, and the direct cause is 125ers.

I would like any proof to this, besides conjecture followed with "duh, i'm awesome".

If this is common sense you should be able to provide something that supports your idea. Let's see it.

Last edited:
Back