Royce ken 3 was disappointing

It was a clear low blow to me. Unfortunate way for the fight to end.

Against Ken - well I haven't read up on anything since the fight happened, I remember there being a low-blow & the subsequent TKO.

I've just done some research though & it looks like it wasn't a low blow or at least its disputed.

Ken threw the fight. Do some research on the past 10 years of his career and you'll see he's done it a bunch of times.

Ken threw the fight. Do some research on the past 10 years of his career and you'll see he's done it a bunch of times.
Oh I know about his history of that but I don't believe he threw that fight.

It sucked but what can you really expect from two 50 year old guys?

There is a 90% chance it was going to be a mess of a fight and 10% chance of it coming off avg. in quality.

Quite clear lowblow. Unsure as to what extent it affected the fight, but people have a serious hate boner over Shamrock to just brush it over.
KqdxXjxel1fiw.gif

Ken would never throw a fight vs Royce

A lot was on the line in that fight

What exactly? He is getting booked to fight based on nostalgia in his 50's. It's not like he's protecting some undefeated streak or positioning himself for some sort of title shot. He acted like he was screwed over so it didn't even appear like a loss, although it was bad acting by all parties. Ken came from pro wrestling and he likely views MMA on the back nine of his career just like pro wrestling: telling a story and a payday.

Don't let your fanboy love for Ken stand in the way of what almost everyone can see with their eyes.

Quite clear lowblow. Unsure as to what extent it affected the fight, but people have a serious hate boner over Shamrock to just brush it over.
KqdxXjxel1fiw.gif

after that hit I am not sure Ken can get a boner anymore. Maybe he can live vicariously through the hate boner's? :)

Lol okay fair enough. Pretty interesting to see the names and records on that. Jason Delucia ranked 5th at 6-5. Maurice Smith 10th at 2-2. Kimo at 11 with 1-1.

you could waste a day going through those rankings...

Ken has always been a pro wrestler first and a blanket second, not sure when he had a fight, I thought Frank was the fighter in the family.

you could waste a day going through those rankings...

Lol I've wasted a good part of mine on that. Thanks for showing me asshole I started where you linked and I'm into 2002 lol.

Well as a ken fan

They both fought in their primes and results showed UFC 5

Ken wasn't in prime at UFC 1

Royce was certainly in prime at his best ever going in to UFC 5

I agree. And Ken would've won with modern judging standards in UFC 5.

nah

Anyway you slice it, Gracie was, is, and always will be regarded higher.

Well his only significant win streak, which lasted all of 13 months, was in an era in which hardly any of his opponents had a ground game. Kimo knew just a little grappling and gave Royce the scare of his life.

Fedor vs. Couture
Crocop vs. Liddell
or
Liddell vs. Ortiz 3
Hughes vs. Koscheck 2
or
Hughes vs. Parisyan
or
Koscheck vs. Parisyan
Shamrock vs. Gracie 4

Back