Rose Namajunas vs. Tecia Torres III rumored for UFC 221

instead of matching Rose up with one of the 4 girls who would beat her, they give her this one. one she might win.
Not seeing the problem with this.

Until one of the other 4 prove they can beat JJ, any other matchup would just be handing the title back to her in a few fights.

This fight is like every other WMMA fight that doesn't involve Cyborg for me...

Can you guys honestly say you enjoy watching these females fight? Seriously?

If only Gina would lay off the cheese cake and get back in there.

Far more than I enjoy watching Cyborb beat up club-level fighters one or two weight classes smaller than the one it takes her 12 weeks to make.

God i hope not. Not in perth
for some reason they love to do WMMA fight down here in OZ .
remember UFC 193 Ronda v Holm and JJ v Val .
sure it was great to see Ronda Humbled but it was supposed to be Condit V Lawler .
I would of gone to Melbourne for NBK v Lawler

Rose by being hotter.

Rose looks like a 12 year boy with a buzz cut though. Seriously. I love women who have short hair the most IF they can pull it off. Rose CANNOT.

9027056328_a4c69a15ea_b.jpg

This is a sexy example.

Rose just looks like Cid from toy story.

Fighting title contender coming from win over Karate Hottie is more stupid and retarded, but like few said her entirely predictable. Nothing surprsing here.

Dana White always thought Rose is "second Ronda", and if problems with weight cut of JJ are true, fight was basicly fixed, because they were close to cancel it. Drained mentally JJ isn't best with making decision tbh, at least she is millionaire. Good for her.

But if someone thinks she will do "tune up" fight is retarded imo: she won't do it. She won't fight for 20k/20k lol. She is not BJ Penn and won't fight for pleasure. I love how people here talking about what millionaire should do, lol. Be serious people. It's not level of Conor ofc, but she is basicly setup for life and even if not she is master of degree of physical education, she is not forced to fight for living.

You could see Namajunas-Torres from miles, even before UFC 217.
Ronda and Conor were selfmade stars with UFC as platform. Rose isn't like them, not willing to selfpromote, not liking to fight even, not polaryzing. Good luck with that, potential is there ofc (good looking and ability to fight) and that's it.
Won't be surprised if Torres will decision her to 50-45. She already won twice.
In no way is it "more retarded". Look, I'm not excited about Torres/Rose 3, AND I am a fan of JJ's, but I am sick to death of undeserved instant rematches. They aren't good for the long term of anyone. Joanna was clear #1 for a while, if she still has the skills then she'll be back after she beats a few others.
Styles make fights. It's one thing that Dana says that is completely true. When you do instant rematches it doesn't always show who is the better fighter.
Sometimes the style is just better

In no way is it "more retarded". Look, I'm not excited about Torres/Rose 3, AND I am a fan of JJ's, but I am sick to death of undeserved instant rematches. They aren't good for the long term of anyone. Joanna was clear #1 for a while, if she still has the skills then she'll be back after she beats a few others.
Styles make fights. It's one thing that Dana says that is completely true. When you do instant rematches it doesn't always show who is the better fighter.
Sometimes the style is just better

There is no 1, no 2, no 3, no 4 if I'm not wrong, but they booked Andrade vs Kowalkiewicz after UFC 217,
Rose vs Torres is retarded.
People claim " no instant matches" lol, allright, but there was Andrade, Kowalkiewicz, Gadelha available (maybe not Gadelha coming from loss) Andrade win is way better than Hottie, and yet again title shot after beating Waterson /facepalm. That's why it's retarded, because people think "no instant rematch" = Rose/Torres 3, lol.

Kowalkiewicz won over Namajunas something like year ago. But no Rose: give me Torres. How can't you laugh? I predicted this something like 6 months ago, cba to look for my posts.
It was obvious maybe not Rose, but her team, management will avoid any dangerous oppostion,if she will win belt. JJ is clean fighter so it was easy to surprise her once, plus maybe she wasn't in best shape, let's say.
Scenario for you, most possible
Rose will against Torres (it's 50/50 for me) then:
1.If Andrade will "kill" Kowalkiewicz, then: give me JJ rematch.
2.If Kowalkiewicz somehow will win: give me Kowalkiewicz, I need revenge.
Hehe just wait and see, but it's not like she is heavy favourite against Torres. Tbh I think she won't be favourite in rematch against JJ, if it will happen.

JJ won't take "tune up" fight just too satisfy her "haters". It doesn't work like that.
If company invested money in some fighters like JJ or Aldo, they won't be eagle to place them in prelims fighting top10-top15 fighters, not after first loss, look how Aldo got rematch against Holloway. Arlovski even after 5 losses will be on main card. Same with Hunt.
I'm curious how many fights left on JJ's contract..
JJ is typical prizefighter she will fight where is bigger money :).
She did it before when she chosen UFC over KSW she will do it again.

There is no 1, no 2, no 3, no 4 if I'm not wrong, but they booked Andrade vs Kowalkiewicz after UFC 217,
Rose vs Torres is retarded.
People claim " no instant matches" lol, allright, but there was Andrade, Kowalkiewicz, Gadelha available (maybe not Gadelha coming from loss) Andrade win is way better than Hottie, and yet again title shot after beating Waterson /facepalm. That's why it's retarded, because people think "no instant rematch" = Rose/Torres 3, lol.

Kowalkiewicz won over Namajunas something like year ago. But no Rose: give me Torres. How can't you laugh? I predicted this something like 6 months ago, cba to look for my posts.
It was obvious maybe not Rose, but her team, management will avoid any dangerous oppostion,if she will win belt. JJ is clean fighter so it was easy to surprise her once, plus maybe she wasn't in best shape, let's say.
Scenario for you, most possible
Rose will against Torres (it's 50/50 for me) then:
1.If Andrade will "kill" Kowalkiewicz, then: give me JJ rematch.
2.If Kowalkiewicz somehow will win: give me Kowalkiewicz, I need revenge.
Hehe just wait and see, but it's not like she is heavy favourite against Torres. Tbh I think she won't be favourite in rematch against JJ, if it will happen.

JJ won't take "tune up" fight just too satisfy her "haters". It doesn't work like that.
If company invested money in some fighters like JJ or Aldo, they won't be eagle to place them in prelims fighting top10-top15 fighters, not after first loss, look how Aldo got rematch against Holloway. Arlovski even after 5 losses will be on main card. Same with Hunt.
I'm curious how many fights left on JJ's contract..
JJ is typical prizefighter she will fight where is bigger money :).
She did it before when she chosen UFC over KSW she will do it again.
The argument was between whether JJ should get an instant rematch over Torres getting a TS. Obviously, someone like Gadhella, KK, and Ndrade would be a better skilled match up, but that wasn't what we were talking about. If the choice is between instant rematch for JJ and Torres, then you go with Torres.

And let's look at the records here.
KK is on a ONE win streak against some no named girl. Gadhella is coming off a loss to Andrade. Andrade is on a one win streak and she just had a title shot not long ago.
Tecia is on a 3 win streak. She is 10-1, and that sole loss is to Rose...and she also has a win over Rose. This fight absolutely makes sense.
I would be ok with the winner of Andrade/KK getting a shot, but that is far in the future..they fight in February. In the meantime, Torres is fine.

JJ can still headline FOX cards and be on main cards of PPVs.
HWs always headline shit, and Hunt and Arlovski are legends. Aldo only got a 2nd shot because of his history and there was no one else that made sense to replace Edgar

The argument was between whether JJ should get an instant rematch over Torres getting a TS. Obviously, someone like Gadhella, KK, and Ndrade would be a better skilled match up, but that wasn't what we were talking about. If the choice is between instant rematch for JJ and Torres, then you go with Torres.

And let's look at the records here.
KK is on a ONE win streak against some no named girl. Gadhella is coming off a loss to Andrade. Andrade is on a one win streak and she just had a title shot not long ago.
Tecia is on a 3 win streak. She is 10-1, and that sole loss is to Rose...and she also has a win over Rose. This fight absolutely makes sense.
I would be ok with the winner of Andrade/KK getting a shot, but that is far in the future..they fight in February. In the meantime, Torres is fine.

JJ can still headline FOX cards and be on main cards of PPVs.
HWs always headline shit, and Hunt and Arlovski are legends. Aldo only got a 2nd shot because of his history and there was no one else that made sense to replace Edgar

Rose got title shot after win over Karate Hottie. 1 win streak. She should fight Andrade. That's all. Rematch is better than Rose/Torres, because JJ is ranked no1 in dvision. With who won Torres? Hottie, Lima, Rawlings, lol, gg. Herrig has better wins, but cba to watch her near title fight.
Rose will fight Torres beceause she helped her before title fight, deal is deal my friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back