Rose Namajunas vs. Tecia Torres III rumored for UFC 221

This year's Rose destroys any year's Torres.

Tecia isn't able to improve enough to put her battles with her mustache on par with the war Rose will put in front of her in the cage.

No. She doesn't deserve shot. What is this UFC? There is way better contenders waiting on line. Tecia should beat Andrade, Gadelha or KK first. Absolutely ridiculous. Can we just remove rankings totally?

Why you are protecting Rose?

Herrig who is on a 4 fight streak against far better opponents, including two who were undefeated.

I genuinely keep forgetting Herrig exists every time she's not actively on my radar :( But yeah, would be more than okay with her too.

like others, I saw this happening as soon as the pole hit the floor, no way does anyone remotely dangerous gets near Rose, after Torres, its a lay off then its Herrig, all while she's growing her hair back for glamour photoshoots with the strap.
av name

<7>

Rose beat Joanna fair & square. Not sure why all the nitpicking and second-guessing about it now. At the time there were others being mentioned but some were suffering injuries & others had lost to Joanna before. As for Torres, I think she's most deserving of the shot now. Joanna's not ready to fight until May or June from what she's said. No need to hold up the division.

Doesn't change the fact that many believe Rose is 0-2 versus Torres, making this not some gimme defense.

Yes, I agree with you on that point. Torres is a tough fight for Rose. I was just trying to say they're 1-1 officially.

Tecia Torres gets her shot only because they are protecting Rose and her title. UFC knows that Andrade, Gadelha & KK will beat Rose so they give titleshot for someone who doesn't even deserve it. Her ticket to title shot is not good at all.

Clay Guida marching his way to the middle....

FarflungQuestionableGalapagospenguin.gif
Fixed

That's good because it means joanna jzcesasda doesn't get an instant rematch

If Torres deserves a shot because she's on a 3 fight streak, then how about Herrig who is on a 4 fight streak against far better opponents, including two who were undefeated.

Looking at streaks only is a little reductive. Torres has only one loss in her career and that loss is to the current champion, who she also happens to be 1-1 against. Personally, I don't like this match-up because their first two fights weren't that great, but I can see that the match-makers are in a tough spot with anyone else in the top-5 having already lost to Joanna.

I think the matchmakers toughest spot was seeing the Andrade Gadelha fight, no way they want a non-English speaking champ. Tecia only has the one L, by studiously avoiding the likes of Gadelha.

Sure Andrade is down to fight Karolina but they could easily dump that, like they did with the Penne Lima scrap when the other Jessica got her shot. Any other sources yet apart from the Polish ones?

This fight is like every other WMMA fight that doesn't involve Cyborg for me...

Can you guys honestly say you enjoy watching these females fight? Seriously?

If only Gina would lay off the cheese cake and get back in there.

Back