Rose McGowan is famous again, and victim of her bullying has killed herself

chokeyou

Derp de doo
@red
Reaction score
Rose McGowan's ex manager kills herself after being publicly bullied by a self righteous attention whore that's using her rape to re-ignite her career. How ironic is that?

http://people.com/movies/salma-haye...-died-of-suicide-and-fought-for-the-underdog/

Here's what her ex manager's family had to say:

“Jill was victimized by our new culture of unlimited information sharing and a willingness to accept statement as fact,” read the statement to THR. “The speed of disseminating information has carried mistruths about Jill as a person, which she was unable and unwilling to challenge. She became collateral damage in an already horrific story.”

Meanwhile rose is plugging her new "citizen rose" tv show, her new album because she's a musician apparently, and her new book on the late show while clearly coked out of her mind.

She's literally having a melt down from all her power.

"What I do is for the fucking world and you should be grateful so shut the fuck up."

No idea who she is but female bullying is unacceptable and she needs a proper role model in her life to show her what it means to be a respectable woman. Has she ever been with a man who holds her accountable? Does she even have a father?

This is the classic example of "there's no perfect victim" that we have seen repeatedly. Rose McGowan is a victim of sexual assault, and that deserves our sympathy and her story should be heard. But she also seems deeply unstable at times, and hurts other people in the process of voicing her own troubles. That does not mean her story is less important, and it does not make her less of a victim, it just means she is more likely to spoil her important message.

You omitted these key points.

"Messick was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and had been battling depression in the years before her death, her family told The Hollywood Reporter."

"Messick’s family says she was devastated after the movie mogul’s lawyer released an email in which Messick defended Weinstein."

"On Jan. 30, Weinstein’s lawyers released an email in which Messick said McGowan had told her she got into the hot tub with Weinstein “consensually” but “regretted” it. Her family says the document was released without Messick’s consent.

“In this email, Jill offered the truth based on what she remembers Rose telling her about the Sundance account. In the face of Rose’s continued and embellished accusations last week, Harvey took it upon himself to release the email without her consent,” the statement continues. “Harvey’s desperate attempt to vindicate himself, was devastating for her. It broke Jill.”

Instead you placed the blame on a victim of rape, not the rapist who released her email in an attempt to mitigate the public image of his predation.

Wow, that's really sad stuff. I'm not going to go down the wormhole of investigating the background of these two women's past, but it definitely seems upon first look like Messick was a very decent person.

With that said, calling McGowan an "attention whore" is completely inappropriate, even if I don't particularly like her.

Also, it looks like Weinstein and his team did more to damage this woman than McGowan.

You omitted these key points.

"Messick was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and had been battling depression in the years before her death, her family told The Hollywood Reporter."

"Messick’s family says she was devastated after the movie mogul’s lawyer released an email in which Messick defended Weinstein."

"On Jan. 30, Weinstein’s lawyers released an email in which Messick said McGowan had told her she got into the hot tub with Weinstein “consensually” but “regretted” it. Her family says the document was released without Messick’s consent.

“In this email, Jill offered the truth based on what she remembers Rose telling her about the Sundance account. In the face of Rose’s continued and embellished accusations last week, Harvey took it upon himself to release the email without her consent,” the statement continues. “Harvey’s desperate attempt to vindicate himself, was devastating for her. It broke Jill.”

Instead you placed the blame on a victim of rape, not the rapist who released her email in an attempt to mitigate the public image of his predation.

LOL at this "victim blaming" propaganda, it's precisely the online bullying that puts everyone in fear of responding to her attacks leading to suicide. Messick wasn't a "rapist" and who are you to say her account of what actually happened isn't true? Being a victim of sexual assault doesn't give you an excuse to be a shitty person or immune from scrutiny.

It's a shame Melania wasn't able to stop this in time.

th

LOL at this "victim blaming" propaganda, it's precisely the on bullying that puts everyone in fear of responding to her attacks leading to suicide. Messick wasn't a "rapist" and who are you to say her account of what actually happened isn't true? Being a victim of sexual assault doesn't give you an excuse to be a shitty person or immune from scrutiny.

You make zero sense. You stated McGowan bullied this woman into suicide when it's clear from the article it was Weinstien's actions that pushed her over the edge.

This is the classic example of "there's no perfect victim" that we have seen repeatedly. Rose McGowan is a victim of sexual assault, and that deserves our sympathy and her story should be heard. But she also seems deeply unstable at times, and hurts other people in the process of voicing her own troubles. That does not mean her story is less important, and it does not make her less of a victim, it just means she is more likely to spoil her important message.

I think in her case she also has to take part of the "blame" because she was one of those actresses that did whatever it took to make it.
That doesn't mean a guy like Harvey shouldn't be punished for sexually assaulting her or anyone else.
But if there wouldn't be this supply of women willing to do whatever.

It would be a lot easier to go after guys like Harvey. They are part of the problem.

The quote you reference from her family is clearly in reference to Weinstein, as a previous poster noted. I assume you read the article you linked and are choosing to be dishonest?

Rose is nuts, no doubt about that.

LOL at this "victim blaming" propaganda, it's precisely the online bullying that puts everyone in fear of responding to her attacks leading to suicide. Messick wasn't a "rapist" and who are you to say her account of what actually happened isn't true? Being a victim of sexual assault doesn't give you an excuse to be a shitty person or immune from scrutiny.

?

He wasn't victim-blaming. He was presenting important context, namely that it was Team Weinstein that dragged her into the mud pit.

Is it just me or has she had work done on her face? I always remember her from Scream, didn't realize she has aged so much.

I find her annoying but interesting at the same time.

I think in her case she also has to take part of the "blame" because she was one of those actresses that did whatever it took to make it.
That doesn't mean a guy like Harvey shouldn't be punished for sexually assaulting her or anyone else.
But if there wouldn't be this supply of women willing to do whatever.

It would be a lot easier to go after guys like Harvey. They are part of the problem.

I don't know if that is the case for Rose McGowan, I really have not followed her story. So I won't comment on her specifically. But I do agree that the willingness of certain actresses (and actors for that matter) to exploit sexuality for their careers is part of the problem.

?

He wasn't victim-blaming. He was presenting important context, namely that it was Team Weinstein that dragged her into the mud pit.

He said I was victim blaming

It's pretty obvious he was talking about Weinstein. If you read the article, he and his lawyers are the ones who released the email that "devastated" Messick. Are you blaming McGowan for bringing it up at all, and saying that since she started it it's her fault that Team Weinstein did that?

That's terrible and very sad news. If that's really the reason why she killed herself or if that triggered something in someone who was already struggling with mental health then I'm really, really sorry for her manager. We're living in an era where anyone can be destroyed simply because someone said something and then be attacked by thousands of people they have never met. It must be awful to be a victim of that.

Rose doesn't look like someone I would want to be an example of anything. I watched a few interviews and that infamous video of her vs the trans person and honestly, I have the feeling she's not being sincere. Almost like she's acting, or better yet, overacting her new persona. She also doesn't look very sane. I don't really like her and this has nothing to do with her allegations. Now, if this really happened then it's another reason for not liking this person. Maybe it's time for her to go away.

The quote you reference from her family is clearly in reference to Weinstein, as a previous poster noted. I assume you read the article you linked and are choosing to be dishonest?

Rose is nuts, no doubt about that.

LOL at your utter lack of reading comprehension, or are you choosing to be dishonest?

Messick’s family claims McGowan made “inaccurate accusations and insinuations” against her, but Messick chose not to speak out so as not to take attention away from victims of sexual harassment and assault.

“In this email, Jill offered the truth based on what she remembers Rose telling her about the Sundance account. In the face of Rose’s continued and embellished accusations last week,"

Messick couldn't defend herself because she would be "victim blaming"

No idea who she is but female bullying is unacceptable and she needs a proper role model in her life to show her what it means to be a respectable woman. Has she ever been with a man who holds her accountable? Does she even have a father?
I'll be her father.

Back