Ronda's Resume

Pretty dishonest to take her oppomets’ records at the end of their careers and not when Ronda fought them. Ronda has an excellent resume, including wins over 3 fighters who beat Amanda Nunes.

I even did a little thread about it, like to hear it here it go!
Thread 'Let’s REVIEW: ROWDY RONDA’S RESUME'
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/let’s-review-rowdy-ronda’s-resume.4220168/
It's not dishonest it's just not contextualized to your liking. I didn't state anything wrong or falsify records so to call me dishonest is actually dishonest lol. Plus fighters like Nunes, Budd, Carmouche, went on to win many more fights. All of her opponents would.

She brought it on herself the way she left the sport, but her career has become entirely underrated & disrespected imo. If she does come back for 1 more I'm in, although I'd rather she fought Holly & tried to avenge that loss than fight Miesha again.

That would be awesome of Ronda armbarred Holly in a rematch.

Your career isn't just about your win-loss record. I mean, you can define it however you like but that isn't how most other people see it. The way a champion responds to adversity, shows grit, makes adjustments in the course of a fight - these things are very much a part of how the story of their fighting career is written.

Naseem had a similar blazing start to his career and a similar end (more or less), but at least in fights leading up to Barrera, he got off the canvas multiple times and went back into the fire, making adjustments and finding a way to win. Ronda never showed any of that.
I stated "brought on by herself for the way she left the sport", maybe you skipped over that part?

Just because her chin nor skills could hold up to the styles of Holm & Nunes doesn't erase the previous 10 wins, some vs future world champions.

I don't think the 2 observations are mutually exclusive. Can we not walk & chew gum at the same time?

not to take anything away from her undeniably stellar resume, but its amazing she got so far with that small bag of tricks. just goes to show, fear not the woman who has practiced 1000 submissions one time, but the woman who has practiced one submission 1000 times.

The combined record of Sara McMann, Cat Zingano, Bethe Correia, and Holly Holm when Ronda faced them.

34-0

It's not really fair to include Holly in that number, since Ronda lost to her. You get credit for BEATING undefeated fighters, not for losing embarassingly to them.

Rogan sees this thread and bursts into tears.
Rogan ought to have rolled with Rhonda.

We’ll… he’d prolly just take him dominating her as him being some kind of space aged Demigod

It's not really fair to include Holly in that number, since Ronda lost to her. You get credit for BEATING undefeated fighters, not for losing embarassingly to them.
It’s fair to include her in this topic, which is looking at all of Ronda’s opponents records to get an idea of her strength of competition.

It can sometimes be unfair to look at fighters records years after they were relevant. It often doesn’t give a accurate representation of fighters in their time, like would be the case with Anderson Silva and others.

It's not dishonest it's just not contextualized to your liking. I didn't state anything wrong or falsify records so to call me dishonest is actually dishonest lol. Plus fighters like Nunes, Budd, Carmouche, went on to win many more fights. All of her opponents would.
You could’ve just said “it’s just not contextualized” and put the period there in your sentence lol. The point at which fights happen matter.
”Charmaine Tweet 9-6”— bad record, not a particularly great fighter; but how would anyone know that at the time? It was Ronda’s 2nd pro fight and Tweet’s debut.

Half of Julia Budd’s losses came in the last year and a half.

Context matters.

Ronda wasn't as bad as how the forum portrays her. I think she just made her millions and decided to check out. She is sort of an industry plant. She had such a push from the promotion and the media.

anyone who downplays rondas wins is a hater or a casual. she was smoking her comp in under a min like it was nothing. people seem to forget those girls getting smoked had wins over amanda nunes, so no she wasnt just beating jane blow and jane doe

she has records that may never be beaten

I don’t think we can say they all sucked until Amanda and Valentina showed up. 3 of those “soccer moms” that Ronda beat have wins over Amanda, 2 of them by stoppage.
Yeah I remember Rogan doing a 180 on Ronda and being annoyed at him going from one ridiculous extreme to another.

Like yeah, ok, saying she could beat Floyd, calling her a once ever athlete, crying when she was on his podcast, that was all cringey as hell.

But then to say the sport “evolved without her” or “left her behind” is just as ridiculous. Look at the rankings before and after Ronda’s loss and they aren’t much different. Hell Tate won the belt in Hollys first defense, and even when Amanda first got it the people in the division were largely the same.

Reality is that she was great. The version of her that ruled 135 could probably win the belt now. Her two losses are to Holly, a stylistic nightmare, and Nunes, probably the greatest female fighter of all time.

Yeah I remember Rogan doing a 180 on Ronda and being annoyed at him going from one ridiculous extreme to another.

Like yeah, ok, saying she could beat Floyd, calling her a once ever athlete, crying when she was on his podcast, that was all cringey as hell.

But then to say the sport “evolved without her” or “left her behind” is just as ridiculous. Look at the rankings before and after Ronda’s loss and they aren’t much different. Hell Tate won the belt in Hollys first defense, and even when Amanda first got it the people in the division were largely the same.

Reality is that she was great. The version of her that ruled 135 could probably win the belt now. Her two losses are to Holly, a stylistic nightmare, and Nunes, probably the greatest female fighter of all time.
Nailed it. This exactly.
Sure her attitude is polarizing, and some people (like Rohan) got crazy with they hype. But Ronda was phenomenal, and her resume is great. She’s got a lot of good names and former champs on her resume, and I think prime Ronda could handle top ranked WBWs like Peña, Pennington, and Bueno Silva just fine.

This has to be 1 of the hardest strengths of schedule in MMA history based on opposition win percentage.
The women's resumes aren't comparable to the men's resumes, and I don't expect that to change in the future.

but her career has become entirely underrated & disrespected imo
It's not underrated, it's exactly where it should be along with every other WMMA fighter that Sherdoggers try to equate or compare to the best among the men's divisions.

Most of the female fighters aren't as good as the men, they have a lower threshold to get hired by the UFC due to the lack of depth in the women's divisions, and that same lack of depth also means it takes a lot more losses for the female fighters to get cut.

With the exception of Women's Strawweight, the remaining WMMA divisions shouldn't even be in the UFC just off the basis of the divisions' lack of depth:

1.jpg

71% actually is very high. GSP, Silva, Jones all hover around 72% while Khabib is way down at like 67-68%.

if she is comfortable in wrestling be it. but money offer will certainly changes the minds.

I stated "brought on by herself for the way she left the sport", maybe you skipped over that part?

Just because her chin nor skills could hold up to the styles of Holm & Nunes doesn't erase the previous 10 wins, some vs future world champions.

I don't think the 2 observations are mutually exclusive. Can we not walk & chew gum at the same time?

Again, you are drawing a line between her last two fights and the rest of her career and insisting that everyone must do the same. I am telling you that these last two fights are very much a part of her fighting legacy. I am not even disputing that her run up to the Holly fight was impressive. I am simply explaining to you why many fans' impression of her career is frustrating you. If you want to insist that we ignore Holly and Amanda then we have nothing else to talk about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back