Ronda Rousey's Acting Career Takes A Hit (Replaced by Mark Wahlberg on "Mile 22")

a158b738164e6824fc0dd2a7544cf3d1.640x360x146.gif
came here ONLY to see this
thanks
bye

So much for her movie career. It was obvious she was getting roles just because of her success in MMA. I expect her to get maybe one or two more roles in small movies and thats it. So laughable her nutthuggers thought she would be some huge Hollywood star even when she quits MMA.

Holly Bless

Ding dong the witch is dead, the wicked witch of the west is dead. Maybe a remake of the Wizard of Oz?

So you mean we won't get this?

ronda-rousey-had-a-clever-way-of-showing-shes-right-for-the-lead-in-captain-marvel.jpg

Carano does nothing but B movies now, and is much hotter, imo.

You have totally lost me. You started off talking about Ronda's cameo's being a normal starting point and now you're rambling about people starting small as actors.
I was replying to a dude who argued that Rourke started with big roles - he clearly didn't.
Actually Ronda is starting higher on the totem pole than Rourke did. And - again - while Rourke is no De Niro, he works and has had some decent parts over the years.
So the point is that you can (and almost do) start with small roles and then - if fortunate - wind up with a decent career in the movies.

That's real talk. Rousey is such a successful star, that she plays herself. Just like Chuck played himself in Entourage.

I like it better when Chuck plays himself as a trainer in Badass 2. That part was funny.

It's not like she was replaced by Felice Herrig though.

/reaching & whiteknighting

Then there's Cynthia Rothrock who has made a zillion movies - I have no idea how much money she makes. But in the parlance of the "industry" she is "working". She also produces movies. She started in kung fu and kickboxing and then transitioned to movies.

I prefer Rothrock's earlier Hong Kong film fights (such as this one from "Righting Wrongs" aka "Above the Law") to what I've seen of her later work.

This should have been obvious. Her appeal in the movie roles was based on her being the undefeated, unstoppable UFC champion. Now that she is dethroned and proven mortal she lacks the acting chops and innate beauty to keep Hollywood's interest.

Meanwhile Gina will be in Deadpool this year. :)

Then there's Chuck Norris. First role - nameless part in Dean Martin's The Wrecking Crew - watch it (not to find Chuck Norris) but to droll over Elke Sommer who is HOT!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wavemeter
Back