Ronda Rousey will be inducted into the International Sports Hall of Fame

Nope, the UFC isn't a sport with enough great athletes in it for someone in it to be deserving and she finished 4th in the Olympics, hardly something worthy of being in the HOF. I guess the international sports hall of fame is as watered-down as the UFC HOF.

Whether you like her or not, whether she was actually that good or not is irrelevant, she was a pioneer in the sport and women in sports in general. I personally don’t like WMMA but her influence can’t be denied.

Olympic medal in a pool more shallow than the UFC's current 205 division. First ever champ and multiple defenses thanks to deliberate matchmaking. "Brought WMMA to the forefront" thanks to said matchmaking and marketing. She was a good fighter with negative charisma. There are plenty of those who aren't being inducted into any hall of fames, much less one encompassing every sport around the world.

If we're being honest the UFC deserves her spot in the HoF for blowing the sport up with a carefully crafted novelty act.

Only on sherdog do we downplay Olympic medallists and champions with multiple defences. There was nothing wrong with her matchmaking, she did fight the best people available at the time, sure she was limited in her skills but she's still by the records, the best WMMA fighter ever.

Only on sherdog do we downplay Olympic medallists and champions with multiple defences. There was nothing wrong with her matchmaking, she did fight the best people available at the time, sure she was limited in her skills but she's still by the records, the best WMMA fighter ever.
Any place where rational thought prevails will consider the level of competition she earned her (bronze) medal. The casual demographic she was promoted to will obviously not care and will be sold either way.

And I never said there was anything wrong with her matchmaking. Her matchmaking was superb. Nobody with any level of striking to speak of (until Holm and by that point Rousey's boxing ability had reached galactic levels of hype) and all sub-par grapplers in comparison. She was queen during the era of Zumba fitness fighters filling the division and she deserves a footnote for her accomplishments but sports hall of fame not so much. Your claim that she's the best WMMA fighter ever is laughable.

Shes done great things for mma and wmma and a former Olympian.

Sherdogs small microcosm discredits her for her losses, but there are those who still support Fedor and Shogun

Nope, the UFC isn't a sport with enough great athletes in it for someone in it to be deserving and she finished 4th in the Olympics, hardly something worthy of being in the HOF. I guess the international sports hall of fame is as watered-down as the UFC HOF.

wrong 2008 bronze medal.

She deserved it she is the reason why women can fight in the ufc.

tenor.gif

Good for her I guess. I don't know what the International sports hall of fame is even.

Any place where rational thought prevails will consider the level of competition she earned her (bronze) medal. The casual demographic she was promoted to will obviously not care and will be sold either way.

And I never said there was anything wrong with her matchmaking. Her matchmaking was superb. Nobody with any level of striking to speak of (until Holm and by that point Rousey's boxing ability had reached galactic levels of hype) and all sub-par grapplers in comparison. She was queen during the era of Zumba fitness fighters filling the division and she deserves a footnote for her accomplishments but sports hall of fame not so much. Your claim that she's the best WMMA fighter ever is laughable.

Please tell me who Ronda never fought at 135 who had good striking, and don't even mention Cyborg who almost killed herself getting to 140. The fact is she never fought one because until Holly, there wasn't one. The most dangerous striker was probably Zingano and she got taken out in 14 seconds.

As I said, the records show that she is the best. When somebody equals or ties her consecutive title defence record or even comes close, then there's an argument.

It's fun to bash Ronda but she sure deserves it

Well she beat Meisha Tate twice who promptly took the belt from Holly. So there's that.

I didn't like her personality or grabbimg these ridiculous notions shoved down my throat either (beating Cain etc), but that's no reason to discount her accomplishments.

Meisha Tate was just a smaller version of Rousey with more heart and better character. Tate was getting smoked in that Holly fight until the end. She would never win rematch. Rousey was picking on c level cans who had no striking. As soon as she faced legitimate STRIKERS she was humiliated and rendered obsolete.

ronda-rousey-amanda-nunes-fight.jpg

She totally discredits the organization. It's been over 2 years and can fed Rousey still hasn't publicly addressed her loses. This the kind of joke you want future generations looking up to? What an embarrassment.

War Ronda.
Something very cool about knowing that the fight won’t go the distance. Kill or be killed.
Lucky for you haters she lost twice, but her legacy is forever there

Back