Ronda Rousey will be inducted into the International Sports Hall of Fame

She beat a bunch of cans at WMMA infancy's infancy, and became champion after 000001 fights, that doesn't seem much to me.
Oh yeah, and she brought a lot of spot light over WMMA, as a matter of fact everybody in Sherdog is eager to watch WMMA instead of that crappy MMMA fights. LOLburst mode: on

Not that she doesn't deserve it, she beat a bunch of cans afterall (could have been beaten, I mean), but I'd pretty much value Holly Holm more than her, she beat Rousey throughout, was on his way to defeat Miesha Tate up until Miesha got an opportunity for ground game, we all love Miesha Tate and all his hotness for god's sake, but let's not pretend Miesha had Holm on her pocket all along, shall we?

And in the end after a couple of losses she retired for good, and never talked about it, is it what we should expect as a sign of resilliance?

Please tell me who Ronda never fought at 135 who had good striking, and don't even mention Cyborg who almost killed herself getting to 140. The fact is she never fought one because until Holly, there wasn't one. The most dangerous striker was probably Zingano and she got taken out in 14 seconds.

As I said, the records show that she is the best. When somebody equals or ties her consecutive title defence record or even comes close, then there's an argument.
Megumi Fujii would like a word.

For real?

giphy.gif

Olympic medal, UFC champion, first ever womens UFC champion, multiple title defences, brought WMMA to the forefront and has people talking about MMA.

Seems fair to me.
Yeah it’s fair but she hasn’t even officially retired why they doing it so soon

Deserves it over many male MMA fighters.

1.defended her belt multiple times
2.made MMA more popular
3.didn't get busted for steroids, missed weight or get injured and screwed up cards like many male MMA fighters

mma career isn't part of this.

View attachment 344333

She totally discredits the organization. It's been over 2 years and can fed Rousey still hasn't publicly addressed her loses. This the kind of joke you want future generations looking up to? What an embarrassment.

her mma career isn't part of this and who care she not talked about losing.

She beat a bunch of cans at WMMA infancy's infancy, and became champion after 000001 fights, that doesn't seem much to me.
Oh yeah, and she brought a lot of spot light over WMMA, as a matter of fact everybody in Sherdog is eager to watch WMMA instead of that crappy MMMA fights. LOLburst mode: on

Not that she doesn't deserve it, she beat a bunch of cans afterall (could have been beaten, I mean), but I'd pretty much value Holly Holm more than her, she beat Rousey throughout, was on his way to defeat Miesha Tate up until Miesha got an opportunity for ground game, we all love Miesha Tate and all his hotness for god's sake, but let's not pretend Miesha had Holm on her pocket all along, shall we?

And in the end after a couple of losses she retired for good, and never talked about it, is it what we should expect as a sign of resilliance?

u must be talking about cris cyborg.

This is all so true!!

Cant argue that. She is the pioneer of UFC WMMA. Had a good run. And made Dana a bunch of money...

She’s literally the reason why women fight in MMA right now

Without Ronda there would be no Thug Rose, no Joanna, no Amanda Nunes, no Holly Holm, no Meisha Tate, or no Valentina

One of the most important pioneers in combat sports history. Stay salty nerds lol

Doesnt Arnold Schwarzenegger run it?

Thats why most of the inductees are body-builders and pro-wrestlers

She’s literally the reason why women fight in MMA right now

Without Ronda there would be no Thug Rose, no Joanna, no Amanda Nunes, no Holly Holm, no Meisha Tate, or no Valentina

One of the most important pioneers in combat sports history. Stay salty nerds lol
And this should certainly be held against her.

Sure, she deserves it, look at the inductees. She's easily more deserving than some of them.

Rousey detractors, who cannot give her credit for anything, are some of the most pathetic posters on this site. All they do is talk shit about her and farm likes from the WMMA haters - of which there are many.

I never even cared for Rousey as a person, nor would I call myself a fan, but she's moved on from the sport after two devastating losses, and still posters here can't part ways with their animosity. Lol.

giphy.gif

She made a great contribution to this sport by bringing in fans. Fact.

Last edited:
Back