Rockhold vs Shogun. The Fight To Make?

digitalman45

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
A good test for Rockhold at 205 and a big name fight that Shogun deserves being on a 3 fight win streak. The winner could easily be put into a title shot if DC vacates after his fight with Stipe. Two former champions with the skillsets to make a great fight. I wanna see it, what about you?

I'd love for this fight to happen.

Shogun would KO him.

A good test for Rockhold at 205 and a big name fight that Shogun deserves being on a 3 fight win streak. The winner could easily be put into a title shot if DC vacates after his fight with Stipe. Two former champions with the skillsets to make a great fight. I wanna see it, what about you?
Would love this fight, and it's a better test for Rockhold than throwing him against the monster that is Gus. I'd be rooting for Shogun all the way through.

I'd love for this fight to happen.

Shogun would KO him.
doubt it.

i love shogun but his takedown defence Is one of the weaker aspects of his game

I can see Rockhold wrestling and dominating with his top game.

Even on the feet, Shogun is not the threat on his feet at this stage of his career that Yoel Is.

Shogun of course could crack that chin and finish him but It seems doubtful.

Shogun's got a chance in the KO, but my guess is Luke takes it to the grown and overwhelm or submits him.

Rockhold is busy chasing Bisping, for Bisping’s retirement fight. That really doesn’t sound like a guy too interested in moving up, imo.

If Shogun KO'd Luke, I would never stop smiling.

It would be absolutely glorious.

Nah Shogun has a streak going.

Luke should fight somebody lower on the totem pole if they have a win streak.

Let Luke test drive his body at 205 vs Bisping then fight Villante or Latifi.

doubt it.

i love shogun but his takedown defence Is one of the weaker aspects of his game

I can see Rockhold wrestling and dominating with his top game.

Even on the feet, Shogun is not the threat on his feet at this stage of his career that Yoel Is.

Shogun of course could crack that chin and finish him but It seems doubtful.

But luke is too dumb to use takedowns, he seems to want to stay on the feet all the while.

Which means he will be going sleepy time again.

But luke is too dumb to use takedowns, he seems to want to stay on the feet all the while.

Which means he will be going sleepy time again.
Luke has definitely utilized takedowns In many fights.

I think he just must've figured he had no hope of landing one against Yoel so didn't even attempt It.

A part me wants to say yes to this fight because Shogun has the power to do it, so I will let myself believe.

Maybe :) yoel is a beast.

I'm not sure Luke moving up was a good idea, especially if he looks more at the higher ranked guys. I could see gus killing him....

<{JustBleed}>

I love it when unpopular dudes off Sherdog beat Shogun.

chael-jonesturkey_crop_exact.jpg

Shogun fights once per year, and hasn't fought in a year. I'd hardly call it a win "streak", as the word "streak" suggests rapid movement. He looked over-the-hill vs. Villante, and now he's one year older, with no Octagon experience in a year.

Last edited:
Shogun's got a chance in the KO, but my guess is Luke takes it to the grown and overwhelm or submits him.
You make that sound easy. I don't recall Shogun being easy on the ground, he just prefers to stand.

Back