Robert Whittaker Appreciation Thread

Handles himself like every champion should... Plus #Hespect. Moved up in weight and putting on a show each time in the Octagon.

Those lead leg roundhouse kicks to head were fine art. People have no idea how rare it is to be able to do that.

Been lurking Sherdog for years and haven’t seen much negative said about Whittaker. The facts are:

- very well balanced fighter
- comes off very humble
- doesn’t duck anyone (even fighting twice one of the scariest mw men ever)
- doesn’t talk shit
- doesn’t complain about injuries
- no ped usage accusations
- always goes hard in the octagon

He is a stud and a decent guy.

Come at me haters

- doesn't miss weight
- only pulled out of one fight
- he's only 27

I expected to see a little more improvements last fight tbh but Yoel isn't easy to look good against.He really seemed to be in the peak of his learning curve the last bunch of fights...maybe my expectations of major improvements were too high.

Last edited:
tumblr_ovd5hj498Z1toamj8o1_500.gif

Just fucking with you guys, Whittaker is ok in my book.

Top bloke and great fighter who i'm always excited to watch. His MW run has already been pretty epic.

Damn overwhelming support of him.

Didn’t expect that on Sherdog where 90% of comments are trolling or hating.

This won't be a long thread, because he's not a TMZ fighter - just gets his shit done like Stipe.

It's what makes him awesome.

If you aren't a fan of Bobby Knuckles go watch pro wrestling imo

Great guy, never has a bad fight

Nobody has to go to pro wrestling when UFC is full of shitty characters like Colby, Conor, CM Punk and asian sensation Kevin Lee. UFC is a complete circus.

proper no nonsense fighter in a era where most fighters are attention seeking bullshitters. He's a fighters fighter

"Prisoner Of Mother England" - Pome, pronounced "pommie", or "pom".

Derogatory as shit... We don't have Derogatory names for Aussies - we just to guess what their prison number is.

Oh is it? I never knew thats where it came from. I mostly hear Aussies being called "Convicts' by the English but its not like we have our own special name for them like they do for us.

Yeah, true champion for sure. For me he's definitely in that "how can you not like this guy" category.

- doesn't miss weight
- only pulled out of one fight
- he's only 27

I expected to see a little more improvements last fight tbh but Yoel isn't easy to look good against.He really seemed to be in the peak of his learning curve the last bunch of fights...maybe my expectations of major improvements were too high.

Reminder that he got injured in both Romero fights. Broken hand and broke something in his leg.

how could anybody hate somebody who has the nickname Bobby Knuckles????

Not many can handle Jacare the way Whittaker did. Even Gastelum had a lot of trouble with Jacare.

I knew that when Whittaker knocked out Brunson, he would have a good shot against Romero and Jacare.. and I was right. I hope he defends his belt a few more times. He is evolving, too. I can't wait to see what the finished product is like.

Fan of Bobby Knuks!

Always a fun scrap.

Whitaker is awesome, I see him being champion for a long time.

If Colby becomes WW champion, they should do a superfight between the two - it'd be the ultimate heel vs babyface scenario.

Back