"Robert E. Lee Traitor to America"

It'll look like this. Yeehaw.

Confederate%20States%20Map.jpg

Who knows.

We're getting softer and softer, as if each generation is a more watered down version of the previous one.
Robert E.Lee is an historical figure, and rightfully so. If you are rustled by a statue, go find a roofbeam and some rope, because life is going to eat you alive anyway.

Of course it is. But...the south is REALLY weird about the Civil War. Unlike Germany after WW2, where they had it drilled into their heads that it was a terrible mistake, that never really occurred in the south...instead revisionism has run wild. Despite owning human beings and forcing them to labor for them, They've managed to convince themselves THEY are the real victims of oppression.

I just posted this, but seriously, it is a great read.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38855.Confederates_in_the_Attic

Thanks for the read. It truly is bizarre, especially considering this is occurring in the Western world.

We're getting softer and softer, as if each generation is a more watered down version of the previous one.
Robert E.Lee is an historical figure, and rightfully so. If you are rustled by a statue, go find a roofbeam and some rope, because life is going to eat you alive anyway.
So southerners butthurt that statues are being taken away should kill them self too? Or is that a different, manlier form of butthurt, that doesn't require suicide?

They want to stay in the past anyway, suicide is a sure way to make sure they stop going into the future.

So was Hitler. Should we build statues of him?

Lee may not have been an advocate of slavery, but if he was succesful in his struggle then black people would have been immorally enslaved. That is nothing to celebrate or remember fondly.

The South, in my opinion, should man up and accept they were an immoral nation and be thankful that they lost that shit show of a war. It forced them to be better people.

Thanks for the read. It truly is bizarre, especially considering this is occurring in the Western world.

Yep. It's all very weird.

They romanticize a way of life that never existed, like it was alla young Scarlett O'hara sitting on the porch drinking lemonade.

Never mind old black Joe pickin' cotton...it's what's best for him.

The ones getting rustled are the guys that wanted these symbols to white supremacism stand because reasons.

Lee may not have been an advocate of slavery, but if he was succesful in his struggle then black people would have been immorally enslaved. That is nothing to celebrate or remember fondly.

The South, in my opinion, should man up and accept they were an immoral nation and be thankful that they lost that shit show of a war. It forced them to be better people.

Who would do this ?

Americans get way too carried away with the civil war. Southerners like to pretend like they were some seperate nation and ethnic group whilst the North pretends to be morally superior.

We're coming for you scumbag.

MarriedExcitableAsianelephant.gif
You already admitted to not really understanding history, but just loving the south cuz "duh south".

Lets put you up to task. What is your actual opinion of the civil war, the south and blacks in general? And not to get you banned, but Hit girl before puberty.

Stop thinking on modern context. Also, "immorally enslaved" doesn't make sense. We all agree that slavery is immoral on it's very standards. Even Abraham Lincoln hated black people. He wanted to deport them all. I think we discussed this before. People get too stuck on "winners vs losers" when in reality the civil war was fought by a bunch of shitbags. War isn't something honorable men generally excel in.

The South has accepted that slavery is immoral. There aren't going to be a lot of people in the southern USA who support slavery.

Stop thinking on modern context. Also, "immorally enslaved" doesn't make sense. We all agree that slavery is immoral on it's very standards. Even Abraham Lincoln hated black people. He wanted to deport them all. I think we discussed this before. People get too stuck on "winners vs losers" when in reality the civil war was fought by a bunch of shitbags. War isn't something honorable men generally excel in.

The South has accepted that slavery is immoral. There aren't going to be a lot of people in the southern USA who support slavery.

I'm thinking in an 1850s context. The rest of the real had moved on and rightfully outlawed slavery, so you guys were already behind back then. This isn't the same as criticising the Ancient Romans for having Slaves.

"LITERALLY HITLER"

Back