"Robert E. Lee Traitor to America"

That's unfortunate. Robert E. Lee was an american. He had loyalty to his state. Just because someone doesn't like history isn't a reason to erase it. Glad Stone Mountain in Georgia isn't giving in to this crap.... yet.

Join us my brother.

Sesqui_SCV.gif

It wasnt a good vs. evil battle. It was a war for financial and political gain on both sides.

One side fought to preserve slavery in the 1850s. That's pretty fucked up and I have no idea why your country glorifies it's generals and why blacks in general put up with it (let me guess, someone will bring up the few black slave owners or confederate soldiers?).

Even the Soviets gave you guys shit for your Southern states history.

One side fought to preserve slavery in the 1850s. That's pretty fucked up and I have no idea why your country glorifies it's generals and why blacks in general put up with it (let me guess, someone will bring up the few black slave owners or confederate soldiers?).

Even the Soviets gave you guys shit for your Southern states history.

Thank you, you've convinced me.

Especially since you are non American and have absolutely no idea about what your talking about.

You could have at least gotten the right decade.

History shouldnt be erased.... none.
Other matter is how is told, normaly not from an objective point, wich is the winners side

Last edited:
Meh. He fought for his home state in a time when the US actually functioned as a union of individual states rather than a single entity with different regions. I see nothing wrong with that.

I read a hilarious book on you dorks once.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38855.Confederates_in_the_Attic

Propelled by his boyhood passion for the Civil War, Horwitz embarks on a search for places and people still held in thrall by America's greatest conflict. The result is an adventure into the soul of the unvanquished South, where the ghosts of the Lost Cause are resurrected through ritual and remembrance.

In Virginia, Horwitz joins a band of 'hardcore' reenactors who crash-diet to achieve the hollow-eyed look of starved Confederates; in Kentucky, he witnesses Klan rallies and calls for race war sparked by the killing of a white man who brandishes a rebel flag; at Andersonville, he finds that the prison's commander, executed as a war criminal, is now exalted as a martyr and hero; and in the book's climax, Horwitz takes a marathon trek from Antietam to Gettysburg to Appomattox in the company of Robert Lee Hodge, an eccentric pilgrim who dubs their odyssey the 'Civil Wargasm.'

Written with Horwitz's signature blend of humor, history, and hard-nosed journalism, Confederates in the Attic brings alive old battlefields and new ones 'classrooms, courts, country bars' where the past and the present collide, often in explosive ways. Poignant and picaresque, haunting and hilarious, it speaks to anyone who has ever felt drawn to the mythic South and to the dark romance of the Civil War.

Indentured servants and 1 cent irish/chinese/native labor aside, why do you think that only black people were enslaved in the very definition of the term?

Because the British called a halt to slave trade off of their naval shores. So the next closest slave trade was Africa which was more dangerous and cost about 9x as much.

Because the British called a halt to slave trade off of their naval shores. So the next closest slave trade was Africa which was more dangerous and cost about 9x as much.

Its also easier to keep blacks enslaved, if they runaway they are easier to spot.

Thank you, you've convinced me.

Especially since you are non American and have absolutely no idea about what your talking about.

You could have at least gotten the right decade.

You are right, I'm not from the US, and I have no business telling you guys what to do with your fucked up history.

But I can't help thinking what would a black person feel seeing these statues and thinking "if this guy was successful would I be a slave"? It seems to be in very poor taste.

You are right, I'm not from the US, and I have no business telling you guys what to do with your fucked up history.

But I can't help thinking what would a black person feel seeing these statues and thinking "if this guy was successful would I be a slave"? It seems to be in very poor taste.

Of course it is. But...the south is REALLY weird about the Civil War. Unlike Germany after WW2, where they had it drilled into their heads that it was a terrible mistake, that never really occurred in the south...instead revisionism has run wild. Despite owning human beings and forcing them to labor for them, They've managed to convince themselves THEY are the real victims of oppression.

I just posted this, but seriously, it is a great read.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38855.Confederates_in_the_Attic

Back