ROAD FC 38 Bw Title fight Kim Soo-Chul versus Kim Min-Woo

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
February 21, 2017 – ROAD Fighting Championship is proud to announce that the vacant Bantamweight tile will be contested for by Kim Soo-Chul and Kim Min-Woo on April 15, 2017 in Seoul, South Korea.

Two of Asia’s best bantamweights are finally set to go at it on April 15 at the Jangchung Arena in Seoul. Korean #1 ranked phenom Kim Soo-Chul and #2 ranked ultra prospect Kim Min-Woo will face each other for the ROAD FC Bantamweight strap that was tragically relinquished by Lee Yun-Jun after his cerebral infarction.

Kim Soo-Chul (15-5-1, Team Force) is considered to be the top bantamweight in Asia today. In the past 3 years he has gone undefeated over multiple UFC veterans and regional champions including Marcus Brimage, Maike Linhares, and Jumabieke. This will be the first time Kim Soo-Chul is fighting for a title since he lost his inaugural One FC strap to the legendary Bibiano Fernandes by Decision in a 5-round match in 2013.

Kim Min-Woo (8-1, MMA Story) is from a team that holds two champions on the ROAD FC Roster already: Coach Cha Jung-Hwan is the Middleweight title holder and Choi Mu-Gyeom is the 3x defending Featherweight champ. Kim Min-Woo is riding a 3-fight win streak over Japanese powerhouse Sato Shoko, fellow challenger Moon Je-Hoon (an avenge win), and former Shooto champ Nezu Yuta – by a 15 second KO. His precision is increasing with each outing.

for some reason I thought Soo-Chul was an interim champ
I wonder how many fights he has left, I'd like to see him at least in Bellator

Beat me to it. You should post a source link, just FYI.

sm%2BROAD%2BBW%2BKim%2Bvs%2BKim%2Bcopy.jpg

for some reason I thought Soo-Chul was an interim champ
I wonder how many fights he has left, I'd like to see him at least in Bellator
Kim in Bellator makes no sense and he has said he plans to fight his entire career in ROAD, he already turned down a UFC offer since it was a piss poor offer.

The fight should be competitive on the feet, Soo Chul should have a significant advantage in the grappling though. It's going to be a fun one

can't wait to see soo chul get a ROAD belt.

Good for Soo-Chul for mysteriously growing his hair back. When he fought in Rizin he had the hair of a balding 45 year old accountant.

Kim in Bellator makes no sense and he has said he plans to fight his entire career in ROAD, he already turned down a UFC offer since it was a piss poor offer.

The fight should be competitive on the feet, Soo Chul should have a significant advantage in the grappling though. It's going to be a fun one

If he wanted deeper comp it would make sense but Bellator nor UFC will give him what ROAD is. He should keep fighting in Rizin though. Suggestion:

Kim v Duquesnoy (from BAMMA) in Rizin

If he wanted deeper comp it would make sense but Bellator nor UFC will give him what ROAD is. He should keep fighting in Rizin though. Suggestion:

Bellator has Caldwell, Galvao, Dantas, and I guess Warren and LC that could be considered steps up in competition. He's not going to leave ROAD for Bellator so even if they did some fighter sharing program he wouldn't be allowed to challenge Dantas for the title and they probably would have him avoid any immediate contenders. Bellator has shown that they have little to no interest in Asian talent or the Asian market on top of him looking like someone's 40 year old uncle and doesn't speak English so it's not like they can really market him much beyond being a talented and entertaining fighter. It makes no sense on Bellator's end either.

He makes anywhere from $9,000 to $26,000 a fight depending on his opponent in ROAD and doesn't have to deal with heavy travel and stay costs like he would if he fought in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator would offer him less than that lower amount and his pay is going to increase significantly in ROAD if he wins a title.

Idk if we will see him in RIZIN if he becomes a ROAD champ, I doubt they are willing to send champs over.

Seung yeum Kim 2-1 vs Melvin guillard added

Lianru Shang 3-4 vs zhengue huang 2-1

Habiti Tuerzunbeke 9-5 vs amartuvshin 4-3

kiyoshi kawabura 10-8 vs dae sung kim 3-4 added

Think Firekid signed with UFC a match with Tokoro would be fuego.

Bruno Miranda vs Munguntsooj Nandin-Erdene international trials bout announced
showImage.php

This one should end in a big KO regardless of who wins
Oh snap! Good fight. I guess I'll stop relying on Tapology before fights are officially announced. No Melvin vs Keyboard warrior then.

I figured Miranda would be one of the direct seeds. Damn, I wanted to see both of them in the tournament. I think Miranda takes it.

Yui chul nam 18-6 vs mike brounzulis 18-9 added

When is Soo Chul Kim going to the army? Korea is famous for notorious conscription. Kim would not be an exception to that

Soo chul Kim is the best bantamweight outside of the ufc.

Good for Soo-Chul for mysteriously growing his hair back. When he fought in Rizin he had the hair of a balding 45 year old accountant.
I think the road fc boss paid for him to go do a surgery so he can grow hair again. Some shit like that.

Hey Road FC experts. Anyone know any officials who work at Road FC? I have a fighter I would like to help get considered for future events. He is a Cage Rage, Cagewarriors, BAMMA vet. Lightweight. Cheers!!!! (hes a friend - not in it for any money so if someone can hook it up with management in Asia Pacific all good with me)

When is Soo Chul Kim going to the army? Korea is famous for notorious conscription. Kim would not be an exception to that
He's only 25, he has at least a few years left before he has to

Hey Road FC experts. Anyone know any officials who work at Road FC? I have a fighter I would like to help get considered for future events. He is a Cage Rage, Cagewarriors, BAMMA vet. Lightweight. Cheers!!!! (hes a friend - not in it for any money so if someone can hook it up with management in Asia Pacific all good with me)
Only one I know is their PR person, Lee Li, who used to run MMA-In-Asia. I'm not sure what her contact info is anymore though. They have the general email, phone number, etc at the bottom of the front page of their site
http://roadfc.com/main/index.php

Back