Rizin hilarious quotes

wasn't that team sort of a last minute thing to accommodate streams in areas that didn't get an official broadcast? You typically aren't going to get the Mauro's pr even the Tony's to show up for that. Getting Beavis and Butthead commentary is usually the best you can hope for...and honestly..i love it every now and then(lest we forget Bas Rutten and shitfaced Don Frye doing the Shark fight PPV) It's great fun where as with Goldie/Rogan..they are almost a recording with each fight over 6-7 hours. Sometimes it's nice to get guys who aren't really pros at this but can sit there and actually commentate rather than force out obligatory tidbits and catchphrases, Joe.

Agreed. I like natural sounding commentary, and the Rizin event had it for the most part. All UFC commentary is virtually identical, Joe.

It was totally unprofessional and at times it sounded like they were 2 bro sitting around and making fun of the event but it was epic.
Agreed, but Bas and Stephen really did just take the piss at times..and I loved it. Strangely, your fair and mild criticism actually reminds me of the often laid back commentary of PRIDE

They are better than Bellator's team, Bas (way overrated) and all of UFC's Fight Night commentators.

Chael, Schiavello , Rizin > *
Schiavello would be a good fit, but the commentary always works best when you have the two different styles of commentary together..Bas and Schiavello would be insane...for one card only

There were some hilarious moments during the event.

Agreed. I like natural sounding commentary, and the Rizin event had it for the most part. All UFC commentary is virtually identical, Joe.

UFC be like:
  • Joe hypertraining
  • Joe good BJJ insight
  • Joe talking about one leg kicks for 10 min
  • Joe making stonerish insights
  • Goldie clueless insight
  • Goldie praising Joe's good insight

I actually thought Heath did a great job, it was scary how much I thought he sounded like Frank Trigg must have been all the king cans I slammed down while watching haha.

Schiavello would be a good fit, but the commentary always works best when you have the two different styles of commentary together..Bas and Schiavello would be insane...for one card only

Agreed, Glennrod. I thought Showtime Joe was a little over the top and at times cringe worthy. The Voice should be calling these fights Imo. I think Bas cost lots of $$$$ now lol

Back