Rizin hilarious quotes

KOskater

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
IDK who the reporting team was but this was a great event and lots of funny commentary.

My favorite was the high cringe level Cro Cop n Wandy showdown that simply couldn't match the intensity of a decade ago. With both fighters standing next to each other and looking the other way saying respectful things while the Official tried to make a show out of negotiating a contract and get sh** talking out of them... asking them repeatedly are they sure they wanted to fight till even the announcers started making fun of it... but it was entertaining.

"Are they getting married?" CRACKED ME UP

"Both guys are trying to time their one punches" (Baruto vs Fujita) LOL

Last edited:
Heath Herring and Joe Ferraro. I thought they did a great job and were hilarious. They made a joke about Tokoro potentially being the new Gracie Hunter and Heath Herring said something like "Being a Gracie Hunter is like hunting an endangered species" lol

Heath Herring and Joe Ferraro. I thought they did a great job and were hilarious. They made a joke about Tokoro potentially being the new Gracie Hunter and Heath Herring said something like "Being a Gracie Hunter is like hunting an endangered species" lol

It was totally unprofessional and at times it sounded like they were 2 bro sitting around and making fun of the event but it was epic.

I remember something regarding the pole that Rena had...Joe said something to the effect "Are you jealous of that staff Heath?"

They need Pajama Chase and Bootsy on the commentary... Heath went to the school of Julie Kedzie very very commentary, and often said things that weren't happening. Joe did fine but had way too much of a crush on Heath.

I liked the commentary overall but the one guy (Joe?) made some annoying mistakes:

1 - Referring to the fighter who had just been put into full mount - "Do you think he's setting up for an armbar?"
Heath laughed and laughed... (for those who don't train, it's impossible to do an armbar when someone is on you in full mount.)

2 - Referring to Amir, who is from Iran and terming him "the Armenian" (i.e. from Armenia)

I honestly think they were great. Perhaps tone it down a little bit, make it a little more professional, but keep some of the banter.

I liked the commentary overall but the one guy (Joe?) made some annoying mistakes:

1 - Referring to the fighter who had just been put into full mount - "Do you think he's setting up for an armbar?"
Heath laughed and laughed... (for those who don't train, it's impossible to do an armbar when someone is on you in full mount.)

It's not impossible just difficult and not likely to work but I've seen it done. Usually with dudes much bigger and stronger.

I thought it fitted in great, Rizin is very fun but you also have to not take it too seriously.

KH had me dying ' So the next time you seeeeeee me...I'm a n****r....and I ran fast ! ' honestly top 5 post fight speech for me.

It's not impossible just difficult and not likely to work but I've seen it done. Usually with dudes much bigger and stronger.
To armbar someone when they have you in full mount?

Would love to see a video of that because it sounds ridiculously hard.

wasn't that team sort of a last minute thing to accommodate streams in areas that didn't get an official broadcast? You typically aren't going to get the Mauro's pr even the Tony's to show up for that. Getting Beavis and Butthead commentary is usually the best you can hope for...and honestly..i love it every now and then(lest we forget Bas Rutten and shitfaced Don Frye doing the Shark fight PPV) It's great fun where as with Goldie/Rogan..they are almost a recording with each fight over 6-7 hours. Sometimes it's nice to get guys who aren't really pros at this but can sit there and actually commentate rather than force out obligatory tidbits and catchphrases, Joe.

2 - Referring to Amir, who is from Iran and terming him "the Armenian" (i.e. from Armenia)

Armenians are Christians that have been massacred by Muslims.

>armbar from fully mounted position

Armbars are Chiristians who have been massacred by Muslims.

Commentating was on point. I love when guys don't take this shit so seriously, also it was refreshing to not hear "greatest in history" quotes every 5 seconds.

They are better than Bellator's team, Bas (way overrated) and all of UFC's Fight Night commentators.

Chael, Schiavello , Rizin > *

It was totally unprofessional and at times it sounded like they were 2 bro sitting around and making fun of the event but it was epic.

Lol that exactly why it was so good. They didn't give a fuck about being professional.

No :) I take it you don't train, which is fine, but you are mistaken in your belief someone can do an armbar to someone who has them in full mount.

That's why Heath Herring laughed so hard at the question and then simply said "No.".

You are welcome to prove myself and Heath Herring wrong though with a video from a fight or even training showing how it's done.

But fundamentally, you have no hip control when someone is mounting you, and you need that to isolate their arm and pull off an arm bar, hence why it can't be done. You have to get out of their mount first. That's also why full mount is considered such a dominant position - there's almost no attacks for the person being mounted available.

"His favorite pastime in the summer is to lay down in front of a fan."
Talking about Baruto

When they were joking about Mirko being all about the ground game in this fight that he would be wearing a Checkerboard Gi for his next fight

Have not watched the event yet but that is hilarious. lol.

Back