RIZIN 5: Sakura will be on FITE TV for $14.99.

SakuWandyCop

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It says it in Sherdog and MMAJunkie.....

So, what happen to Eversport?

It was a legit free stream for RIZIN.
I guess Eversport only aired RIZIN for the GPs?

I like this card, but I think I'll pass because i don't think the card is worth $14.99 .

i dont buy events with kawajiri on them

Who's going to pay for a PPV that starts in the middle of the night?

There's a 50/50 chance I fall asleep during the intermission. Too risky.

It says it in Sherdog and MMAJunkie.....

So, what happen to Eversport?

It was a legit free stream for RIZIN.
I guess Eversport only aired RIZIN for the GPs?

I like this card, but I think I'll pass because i don't think the card is worth $14.99 .
the eversport stream was awesome, i guess it became too good to be true. it's hard to pay for something you might fall asleep during because of the time. i'm willing to pay but i need a bigger card

All the fights will be on YouTube the next morning anyway in various languages

This thread is an example of why it took so long for JMMA promotions to start providing consistent international streams

This thread is an example of why it took so long for JMMA promotions to start providing consistent international streams

You're not wrong, but it would have been better if they started off iPPV, rather than starting free and then switching to charging US$15. Their timing is off, as well, as this event isn't nearly as strong as their others have been.

Last, it doesn't help at all that the JMMA organizations start their events at like 2pm or 3pm local time on a Sunday. That equals 1am or 2am EST, which makes it unwatchable for most in the Western Hemisphere without screwing up their sleep schedules. They should have their shows on a Saturday evening, like the rest of society.

Why is Baruto not on the card? I wanted to see him fight Aliakbari.

I've already purchased the 14.99 Rizin show. It's a easy decision for those not buying Ufc 210 on Saturday. Rizin aren't a guarantee to even make it till the end of the year and some people are already in disapproval over 15 bucks? Where is the commitment gone?

Just think of buying this card as a thank you for all the free events they put on for you...sheesh. As far as I know, you buy it you can watch anytime if you can't commit to watching it live. Having low expectations of an event going in is the best thing you can do as a fan. My thing is if your 50/50 about watching it, watching it for free is worse because they aren't being backed by money loaded monsters like Viacom or WME who dominate the landscape of MMA. The entire purpose of my message is realize the need for a alternative. Support JMMA!

I'm not paying for a card that doesn't start until 2:00 AM EST. The UFC doesn't even charge the people across the pond for their events. I could see if it was stacked, but it is at about the level of a Fight Pass or FS1 card.

You're not wrong, but it would have been better if they started off iPPV, rather than starting free and then switching to charging US$15. Their timing is off, as well, as this event isn't nearly as strong as their others have been.
I think starting with free streams is fine, it got more people exposed to the product. People that don't buy will probably still watch when uploads are available, no loss since they were watching for free before anyways.

Maybe it's not their strongest event but it has a bunch of their regulars. If an event that includes a JMMA legend, Shoot Boxing great who is undefeated in MMA, top 3 Flyweight vs a quickly rising contender, a kickboxing prodigy who went 2-0 in MMA over a single weekend, a wrestling world champ who is one of the few legit HW prospects, a few other promising prospects, and some pageantry to top it all off isn't enough to convince people to pay $15 then I don't know that they would ever pay for a RIZIN event. If they are hoping for more Cro Cop and Fedor then maybe they should invest in some PRIDE DVDs instead

I will buy ot of my friends join me. Otherwise watch on youtube.

I think the timing is unfortunate. Maybe it would have been a better decision to start off with a free stream+donate option and start the PPV model after that, since even though this card is massively superior to last year's April event, international viewers seem to be into RIZIN mostly for the veterans.
I'll buy it to support non-NSAC rule MMA on principle but also because Saiga/Ito, Cruickshank/Yachi, Ishii/Herring, Kawajiri/Birchak and Horiguchi/Motoya are all solid to excellent matchups in their own right.
Will be interesting to see whether the PPV numbers will turn out to be satisfactory for RIZIN, I kinda doubt it (except if they have very low expectations to begin with of course).

Back