Rigondeaux calling out Lomachenko

I would attribute the popularity by his in ring performance.
Joe Rogan? Seriously?

Lomachenko deserves all the attention he gets, but there are a lot of people who listen to Rogan's podcast who get on board with his flavour of the month crazes.

Lomachenko deserves all the attention he gets, but there are a lot of people who listen to Rogan's podcast who get on board with his flavour of the month crazes.

I don't watch podcasts or anything like that.
I believe you guys.

Rigo has longer reach than Lomachenko. I don't think it's quite as much of a size mismatch as it seems.

Would be a really interesting fight. Hope it happens.

Rigo has longer reach than Lomachenko. I don't think it's quite as much of a size mismatch as it seems.

Aren't you the one who constantly bitches about size differential? Rigodeaux is on record as weighing around 125 pounds on fight night (less than Roman Gonzalez and Carlos Cuadras were reported as weighing when they fought). Lomachenko was around 140 when he was fighting at FW. It's at least a 15 pound differential, maybe more at this point. It's a very significant difference. Having said that, I'd still love to see the fight.

An 8 pounds jump can be pretty big.

Gonzalez jumped from flyweight to super flyweight, a 5 pounds difference give it or take
and the guy turned from a killer who KOed everybody and his mother to a guy who can't harm his opponents and his only choice is to outpoint them.

you use instagram? If so, you should follow Rigo and Lara. Both are great at talking shit. I like the Bathalemeyssieis as well. In terms of Cubans. King Kong, no so much
Don't they both only speak Spanish tho? More like his translator talking shit.

Gonzalez jumped from flyweight to super flyweight, a 5 pounds difference give it or take
and the guy turned from a killer who KOed everybody and his mother to a guy who can't harm his opponents and his only choice is to outpoint them.
But Rigo is good enough to outpoint him, thats the difference.

The difference here is that Rigo isn't asking for excuses. He wants the fight with all these disadvantages, and the thing is, people still think he can pull it off (not me, I favour Lomachenko, but Rigo is a different kind of challenge). He's been the most ducked fighter in boxing, by far, since he beat Donaire. He likely won't get the fight and most won't care because they only care about so-called "ducking" in boxing when it's fighters who they care about.

it's a beautiful matchup, an incredible offensive fighter against a superb defensive fighter... rigo really is good enough to outpoint him, but i'm not sure he can go the full 12 rounds without getting clipped cleanly, and even once is going to be enough for lomachenko to put him away.

god i hope they make this fight.

Is he?
Is he good enough to outbox a 2 times gold medalist at his peak? A guy that by all accounts is also a great boxer.
It seems like an impossible feat to me.

I can't think of a time that this has happened before.
From what I've seen even if a boxer's physical advantages diminish even a little in the elite level,
it's enough for him to lose.

Rigo can KO people at a122. If at 130 he can only tickle Loma, then he would have a rough night.

Is he?
Is he good enough to outbox a 2 times gold medalist at his peak? A guy that by all accounts is also a great boxer.
It seems like an impossible feat to me.

I can't think of a time that this has happened before.
From what I've seen even if a boxer's physical advantages diminish even a little in the elite level,
it's enough for him to lose.

Rigo can KO people at a122. If at 130 he can only tickle Loma, then he would have a rough night.
Hopefully we aren't just talking and this fight comes together. Rigo's power is real in my mind at least and amagasa's face is a testament to that.
With Rigo vs Loma what you have is two southpaws and Rigo would be the first guy Loma has faced that has the footwork to match him. Plus I bet Rigos counters would severely cut down on Lomas output.

This is a great fight if it happens. But I really feel that Loma is too big for Rigo, it would still be a really competitive fight though just because Rigo is so skilled and quick. The size difference will come into play though because I don't think Rigo's shots will have enough of an effect on Loma. If the Salido fight falls through then I really hope this replaces it.

This is a great fight if it happens. But I really feel that Loma is too big for Rigo, it would still be a really competitive fight though just because Rigo is so skilled and quick. The size difference will come into play though because I don't think Rigo's shots will have enough of an effect on Loma. If the Salido fight falls through then I really hope this replaces it.
we will see that happens from time to time but it is hard to argue with his power so far.
size is definitely a factor but Rigo would be the best fighter Loma has matched yet despite the weight and height difference.

So if this happens it would be on the August date right? Did the Salido match fall apart?

Back