Rigondeaux calling out Lomachenko

Enriko davidson

Yellow Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Surprised no one on here is talking about this but for the last week Rigondeaux has been consistently calling out Loma. If this fight happens IMO this would be one of the most skillful match ups in a long time so seems strange that no ones talking about this. Do you guys not wanna see that fight? And do you think Arum will allow it? Rigo first said 126 but now he's even willing to fight him at 130lbs.

I don't think Rigo would put so much effort into a fight he doesn't want so I have a feeling if it doesn't happen it has to do with Loma's side.

Rigo used to make rap songs about Juanma didnt he.

I hadnt seen this lmao. This would be one of the best possible matchups in boxing imo. Rigo is my dude but I have to lean towards Loma. As talented a defensive whiz as Rigo is he still gets popped when he shouldnt. I have doubts he can avoid Loma's power for 12 rounds, and I have more serious doubts he could weather a storm if/when Loma hurts him.

Did a little search and it looks like Rigo said theyd take this at 130lbs.

Make it happen.

Thing is it probably isn't worth much $$.

Great for me though.

If he's willing to take the fight at 130, I don't really know why Lomachenko's camp would say no. Rigo is considerably undersized at 122, he'll be tiny at SFW. Considering the size and age difference, it's hard not to favour Lomachenko. If the Salido fight is a no go (they're talking Salido/Davis for the Mayweather card last I heard), then this would seem to make sense. We all know how willing Arum is to work with fighters who have left him, though (especially ones he genuinely dislikes like Rigo).

Loma is at 130
Rigo is being a little bitch

Calling out someone two classes up (after Lomachenko's camp said the fight should happen at 130) and agreeing to fight him at 130 (when you're already extremely small for 122) is a bitch move? Fascinating.

Rigo realized he fucked up by turning down the 500k when TR where serious about making the fight

Sadly, Loma makes more money at 130 without needing Rigo

If Salido is injured he should 100% take this fight. If Rigo accepts 130 and Loma says no its a duck.

Is it a duck if he fights the Berchelt-Miura winner for more money?
Somewhat. Rigo is a better scalp on the resume. I dont really knock people for chasing paper though.

I hadnt seen this lmao. This would be one of the best possible matchups in boxing imo. Rigo is my dude but I have to lean towards Loma. As talented a defensive whiz as Rigo is he still gets popped when he shouldnt. I have doubts he can avoid Loma's power for 12 rounds, and I have more serious doubts he could weather a storm if/when Loma hurts him.

Did a little search and it looks like Rigo said theyd take this at 130lbs.

you use instagram? If so, you should follow Rigo and Lara. Both are great at talking shit. I like the Bathalemeyssieis as well. In terms of Cubans. King Kong, no so much

you use instagram? If so, you should follow Rigo and Lara. Both are great at talking shit. I like the Bathalemeyssieis as well. In terms of Cubans. King Kong, no so much
Ill check it out. Lara is criminally underrated in the shit talking department. Hes hilarious.

Boxing and its fans really annoy me sometimes. Some guys are coming out and saying Rigo doesn't really want this fight. You know the usual group of white boxing YouTubers that have a hard on for Eastern European boxers. They're obviously feeling threatened by Rigo calling Loma out and are on the defensive for some reason.

Like what I don't get is if Rigo doesn't want the fight then fair enough but why not be optimistic? They're bringing up old news when Rigo called out Loma to fight at 124 which was a fair ask but now that's all irrelevant since Rigo is willing to come up to 130 so why bring it up?

Maybe this is all BS and Rigo doesn't want the fight but he's putting a lot of effort recently into chasing Loma so why not be positive about pushing for this fight instead of making excuses and just calling Rigo a liar? Favoritism can really ruin boxing sometimes.

Boxing and its fans really annoy me sometimes. Some guys are coming out and saying Rigo doesn't really want this fight. You know the usual group of white boxing YouTubers that have a hard on for Eastern European boxers. They're obviously feeling threatened by Rigo calling Loma out and are on the defensive for some reason.

Like what I don't get is if Rigo doesn't want the fight then fair enough but why not be optimistic? They're bringing up old news when Rigo called out Loma to fight at 124 which was a fair ask but now that's all irrelevant since Rigo is willing to come up to 130 so why bring it up?

Maybe this is all BS and Rigo doesn't want the fight but he's putting a lot of effort recently into chasing Loma so why not be positive about pushing for this fight instead of making excuses and just calling Rigo a liar? Favoritism can really ruin boxing sometimes.
Haha, yes youtubers have a hard on for Eastern European fighters, and Joe Rogan has some to do with the Loma craze, in short Lomachenko has become a big hipster favorite

Back