Right wingers/Conservatives: would opposition to Israel change your view of the Democratic Party?

BiBi is a dick but for the most part I support Israel

But I don't really consider it a litmus test for my support.

I don't see it as a Japan vs China or a South Korea vs North Korea type of thing.

I'd like the US to bring Iran into our fold of allies but I don't really care about Palestine.

I'd turn on Israel if they abandoned searching for a 2 state solution and embraced apartheid

<36>

Holy hell, you are not a smart person.

Maybe check out how much the Clinton and Obama administrations did for labor and employment rights of workers. They, especially Obama, did more for workers than any President since Truman. In one year, Trump board has already reversed a ton of Obama board rulings protecting workers from being fired without cause, punished for trying unionize, and being laid off to relocate manufacturing abroad.

Anytime a poster says that the Democrats are "anti working class" or that the Republicans are not, they immediately lose all credibility, even assuming as true your other (slightly less asinine) anti's.
You are probably right....higher taxes and more regulation are good for business and the working American.

Yes. I would totally let them rob me of my hard earned money and crap all over my constitutional rights if they did that.
giphy.gif

You are probably right....higher taxes and more regulation are good for business and the working American.

Yeah....that's kind of obvious. "Good for business" is relative, but good for working Americans? Obviously.

Taxes and regulations serve to distribute wealth and power downward. Higher taxes reorient the economy towards the interest of working Americans by removing essential services from exploitative profit motives. Likewise, regulations primarily exist in the first place to temper the profitability of large aggregations of capital and contour them to the needs/safety/well-being of consumers and workers.

Did you honestly think that deregulation and lowering taxes was to help the working class? Have you even seen what has happened to the working class post-1980? After they were raised up into affluence during the FDR era 1935-1970?

tenor.gif

It doesn't matter to me.

It's probably because of where I live but the Dems in my area I can't stand because they just ASSUME I am going to support them/be liberal cause I'm not white and act shocked when I'm like "I see no issue with someone owning a civilian AK or AR...."

It might be because I have never lived there but I'd take the blatant overt racism of the south over that soft style racism in the PNW.

It doesn't matter to me.

It's probably because of where I live but the Dems in my area I can't stand because they just ASSUME I am going to support them/be liberal cause I'm not white and act shocked when I'm like "I see no issue with someone owning a civilian AK or AR...."

It might be because I have never lived there but I'd take the blatant overt racism of the south over that soft style racism in the PNW.

Yes, it's because you have never lived there. I have a coworker from Mississippi who has been shunned from her family for 20 years because she married a black man. I myself got all kinds of sideways looks when I would get groceries or gas. There's a long way to go from the awkward/patronizing white people of Get Out to the legitimately hostile and dangerous vibes of the South.

Also, I think that generally most people are assumed to have some normative beliefs about the extent to which a private citizens should possess certain capacity arms.

Yes, it's because you have never lived there. I have a coworker from Mississippi who has been shunned from her family for 20 years because she married a black man. I myself got all kinds of sideways looks when I would get groceries or gas. There's a long way to go from the awkward/patronizing white people of Get Out to the legitimately hostile and dangerous vibes of the South.
I've been down south twice but it was more the New Mexico/Arizona area so it wasn't the deep South admittedly.

Also, I think that generally most people are assumed to have some normative beliefs about the extent to which a private citizens should possess certain capacity arms.
So, plain English, are you saying people have opinions on the size of the magazines used for a gun?

I've been down south twice but it was more the New Mexico/Arizona area so it wasn't the deep South admittedly.

Heavens no, I've been through the Southwest and West (Dakotas, Montana) and never had a problem. But Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia were....unpleasant.

So, plain English, are you saying people have opinions on the size of the magazines used for a gun?

I don't mean capacity in purely an ammunition sense. Usually, I think, people are presumed to have some moderate view on balancing the level of weapon access with the right to bear arms. If I approached someone in canvassing and they randomly told me "I think every persons should be able to have an AK-47," I would be a little surprised too. It's just not what I consider to be a hallmark topic for political organization. That's beside the fact that supporting an assault-style weapons ban is hardly a referendum on Democratic ideology, as only <70% or so support it (for frame of reference, 60% of Republicans supported the same ban in 1999).

Heavens no, I've been through the Southwest and West (Dakotas, Montana) and never had a problem. But Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia were....unpleasant.

I don't mean capacity in purely an ammunition sense. Usually, I think, people are presumed to have some moderate view on balancing the level of weapon access with the right to bear arms. If I approached someone in canvassing and they randomly told me "I think every persons should be able to have an AK-47," I would be a little surprised too. It's just not what I consider to be a hallmark topic for political organization. That's beside the fact that supporting an assault-style weapons ban is hardly a referendum on Democratic ideology, as only <70% or so support it (for frame of reference, 60% of Republicans supported the same ban in 1999).
I think the gun ban thing is one of those deals that party doesn’t matter. Gun owners tend to end up more red than blue but I know plenty of Bernie and Hillary supporters with bigger Arsenal’s and ammo supplies than I have

Yeah....that's kind of obvious. "Good for business" is relative, but good for working Americans? Obviously.

Taxes and regulations serve to distribute wealth and power downward. Higher taxes reorient the economy towards the interest of working Americans by removing essential services from exploitative profit motives. Likewise, regulations primarily exist in the first place to temper the profitability of large aggregations of capital and contour them to the needs/safety/well-being of consumers and workers.

Did you honestly think that deregulation and lowering taxes was to help the working class? Have you even seen what has happened to the working class post-1980? After they were raised up into affluence during the FDR era 1935-1970?

tenor.gif
Are you against someone making a profit? Sounds like communism and that is not good for the working middle class. Here is a link if you desire to pay higher taxes. The U.S. Treasury accepts donations:
https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/gift/gift.htm

There one main reason the US supports Israel and that's Evangelicals and their wacky religious beliefs. The want all Jews to return to the homeland so Jesus can come back and the end of the world can begin.

Fucking psychos......

Are you against someone making a profit? Sounds like communism and that is not good for the working middle class. Here is a link if you desire to pay higher taxes. The U.S. Treasury accepts donations:
https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/gift/gift.htm

Actually, that's called Keynesian capitalism. It redirects economic productivity downward to those who produce it so that they can produce more. Your "here, donate some more taxes" suggestion is a deflection and a non sequitur. You said that the Democrats were anti-working class. I have proven otherwise. You can look at any qualitative metric (like lawmaking, such as that I provided earlier), or you can refer to one of any quantitative metrics showing that working and middle class persons fare better under Democrats, or perhaps more accurately, fair much, much, much worse under Republicans.

And, when proven otherwise, you changed your claim to "regulation and taxation are bad for the working class," which I then rebutted.

And now you're radically changing your claim to "well, that sounds like communism, and communism is bad for the working class," which I will tiredly now address below.

Regardless of semantics of "communism" or whether it is normatively desirable, what you are referring to as communism was GREAT for the working class relative to the capitalism before it and after it.

r-shares.jpg

r-top1.jpg

novokmentfig5.png

Can you expand on your experiences in the South please?

Israel is important, however I’ll gladly take an America first party who hands them less of our money.

The democratic party has been proven to be corrupt, dishonest, and willing to take away my constitutional rights on a whim. Israel has nothing to do with that.

Republican party isn't far behind.

I'd turn on Israel if they abandoned searching for a 2 state solution and embraced apartheid
But they already have, the continued expansion of the settlement project is clear evidence of that.

The democratic party has been proven to be corrupt, dishonest, and willing to take away my constitutional rights on a whim.

I'm starting to believe you're just a troll.

Setting aside the (obviously erroneous and historically counter-factual) statement on constitutional rights on the assumption that firearm ownership is the foremost consideration, there is no possible way you could review the past 40 years, but especially the past 9 years, of Republican/Democrat rhetoric/action and say that the Democrats are the more corrupt and dishonest party.

I mean....wtf? Deficit hawking? ACA versus AHCA vote process? Breaking down public oversight of official duties? Buehler?

Back