Ricky Henderson stole 130 bases in 1982.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
130. Think about it. That is all.

130. Think about it. That is all.
The game changed. Pitchers and catchers evolved and managers don't take chances like they used to. Billy Hamilton is a throwback and one of the few things that makes me go to reds games(im a tigers fan but live in Cincinnati these days).

I wish prime Ricky Henderson was playing now.

The game changed. Pitchers and catchers evolved and managers don't take chances like they used to. Billy Hamilton is a throwback and one of the few things that makes me go to reds games(im a tigers fan but live in Cincinnati these days).
Tigers fan here

Also, evolved into what? Same rules and distances. They try harder now? Yeah, because Ricky stole 130 bases in a single year.

Also, evolved into what? Same rules and distances. They try harder now? Yeah, because Ricky stole 130 bases in a single year.
Pitchers and catchers spend more time trying to figure out base runners. Like anything baseball is a game of evolution. Guys 30 years ago didn't watch hours of game film picking apart a base runners tendencies. They were too busy doing coke and banging whores. If you add in the fact that managers jobs are at stake more than ever(the reds were finally a playoff team and canned Dusty now look where they are) and it leads to managers being more conservative in their approach and less risks being taken. I miss pure hard baseball.

team didnt win anything and lost 94
finished 10th in mvp voting

yawn

Guys like Ricky Henderson and Vince Coleman are gone.

Money ball, stealing bases is overrated, at 80% Henderson is just over the threshold for being worth stealing bases and he is the greatest ever at it

I think they went a bit too far naming the field Ricky Henderson Field, though.
c'mon

Guys like Ricky Henderson and Vince Coleman are gone.
But thing is.. how many other were like them? They were anomalies.

Over the past 25 years we've still have guys who steal 60 to 70 bases.. outside of Ricky and Vince, that's what guys were stealing in a season back then.

Last edited:
I heard Ricky likes to smash ugly women.
lol, stopped him once for speeding when I was still working. guy was a total douche.
at least he didn't try to get away like that fat fuck sandoval though in his shitass audi S4

But thing is.. how many other were like them? They were anomalies.

Over the past 25 years we've still have guys who steal 60 to 70 bases.. outside of Ricky and Vince, that's what guys were stealing in a season back then.
Billy Hamilton can hit 60 or 70, more if he could actually get on base more. Trey Turner might hit the 50 mark while he's young and damn there's one guy I can't think of off the top of my head who swipes bases like a beast. Hamilton could hit triple digits if he was a better hitter and was given a license to steal. I watch the reds(not my team but I live in the nati) all the time and he is the fastest player in baseball by far.

lol, stopped him once for speeding when I was still working. guy was a total douche.
at least he didn't try to get away like that fat fuck sandoval though in his shitass audi S4
Damn bruh you were a cop in the bay area back then? How old are you(not trying to hate on ya)?

You want to look up some insane stats, look up Barry Bonds in 2001. Idk or give a shit if he was roiding, MANY MANY roided, the dude was just better.

That Cardinals team with Coleman, McGee and Lankford was a speed machine.

Oh and how could I forget Ozzie.

Back