Rich Piana dead

JackG1979

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm sure someone has posted this, but my search came up with 4 results for unrelated articles. I may be using the wrong search, but here it goes...

For anyone who has taken an interest in the world of body building, and/or sports nutrition they probably have seen Rich Piana's youtube videos, and his 5% nutrition.

Rich has sadly passed away.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/43210...llowing-overdose-according-to-estranged-wife/

Omg hes stil young. Rip rich. Hes a good guy and im enjoying alot of his vids. Sad

Really liked Rich. He seemed honest and down to earth, unlike alot of people from the industry.
His supplement line is actually pretty good nutrition wise and he build up an empire, without using the conventional way.

Will miss him. RIP

Anyone know if it was an attack or overdose?
You will have to take my word for it, but I know a guy that is with his crew (not IRL but from bodybuilding.com, way before the fame hit).

Rich died because of vain obstruction and had 2 episodes before this happend, his health was declining and he was on painkillers and used some rec drugs. This comes from a guy whom I trust and was kinda close to Rich & co. My english isn't good enough to explain in detail medical wise..

There is no direct evidence that steroids where the reason he died. Of course, they didn't help.
The way people talk about him and his steroid use is out of control.
So many disrespectfull comments all over the web..

Man.. that's sad to hear. RIP.

You will have to take my word for it, but I know a guy that is with his crew (not IRL but from bodybuilding.com, way before the fame hit).

Rich died because of vain obstruction and had 2 episodes before this happend, his health was declining and he was on painkillers and used some rec drugs. This comes from a guy whom I trust and was kinda close to Rich & co. My english isn't good enough to explain in detail medical wise..

There is no direct evidence that steroids where the reason he died. Of course, they didn't help.
Thanks for the infos. I can believe it.

Everything I have read, says emergency svcs. were called to his house when he collapsed during an "Overdose" but so far I have not been able to find out what he OD'd on... I did read where they said that the police found a bottle of "White Powdery substance" .. This could be as simple as protein power to narcotics. I would take everything with a grain of salt until the autopsy comes out.

THanks for the info bud!! Good to hear from someone close to the source. I had always suspected that he may be into some rec. drugs.

I'm actually saddened by this. Used to watch him a lot.

An unsubstantiated rumour online said he was doing coke, fell over, hit head and that's all she wrote.

Coke was probably not out of the ordinary and I'm sure he was an experienced user. So it had to be underlying deteriorating health imo.

RIP.

There is no direct evidence that steroids where the reason he died.
There never is, is there?

All the bodybuilder deaths in their 30's and 40's, must all have been from entirely unrelated causes.

Last edited:
There never is, is there?

All the bodybuilder deaths in their 30's and 40's, must all have been from entirely unrelated causes.
The diet and diuretics, insuline, etc.. those things kill.
Largely because the lack of information out there. (Hence why I would vote to make them legal.) Natural selection will kill the ones who are stupid enough to OD on something like anabolics.
I've never heard of a dead guy because he used 1000mg of test a week.

This is a topic that I'm very interessed in and I could argue all day about the pro's and cons of anabolic steroids.
Keep in mind that I say anabolic steroids. HGH, insuline and all the rest are a whole different game that I don't really care too know enough about.
But the fact that you can get superhuman from a pill tickles my balls.

Largely because the lack of information out there. (Hence why I would vote to make them legal.) Natural selection will kill the ones who are stupid enough to OD on something like anabolics.

This is a topic that I'm very interessed in and I could argue all day about the pro's and cons of anabolic steroids.
Keep in mind that I say anabolic steroids. HGH, insuline and all the rest are a whole different game that I don't really care too know enough about.
But the fact that you can get superhuman from a pill tickles my balls.

Yes, anabolics and Gh/insulin are two completely different monsters.

Anything that causes your head to grow, your hands to get bigger, or your guts to "fall out of you" is extremely fucking dangerous and should be used by absolutely no one for performance reasons.

Anabolics? Eh not the safest thing in the world with some shitty side effects (especially for your liver if you use orals or decide to not do PCT) but when done correctly, pretty damn safe.

I think the chick killed him. He was always being swindled by women

And here comes Blahino with pure conjecture calling Rich the Pablo Escobar of bodybuilding, alleging he was an international steroid dealer.

Diuretics will kill you in your 30s? This is news to me.

And diet kills?? Are you mad??

Ok. So how many mg of test per week have you heard a guy die from?

Listen. I'm 100% for recreational AAS use being legal, along with any other anabolic substance, and along with all recreational drugs. And I never said insulin use doesn't potentially make things worse... Nor did I say mixing heavy long-term AAS use with coke is a good combination. But to say that steroids are safe and aren't implicated in heavy AAS users' deaths?

Btw, we aren't talking 1000mg of test a week, here.

Diuretics will kill you in your 30s? This is news to me.

One of the best powerlifters in the sport right now has almost died from dieuretic use and he's still in his early 20s.

Dieuretic abuse like you find in bodybuilding and powerlifting can kill you at any age.

News to you, I guess.

Last edited:
Back